Amazon Drop Ship and MC999 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Amazon Drop Ship and MC999

So i'm starting out an Ebay/Amazon Drop Ship venture.

I had literally just one item on my personal eBay account for testing purposes and it was removed by eBays VeRO. The item was a copy of an Amazon listing. If this happened with just one item I shudder to think what will happen when I list 5-10k items.

More specifics about the issue on hand. The item was being sold my an FBA merchant on Amazon. The seller wasn't Amazon themselves.

I know this is a golden question but how can I prevent this happening with Amazon listings? Somebody said that I should avoid sellers who are foreign (i.e. Chinese wholesalers) and stick to items only being sold by Amazon themselves.
Does this mean I should also avoid an item if it is sold by Amazon but also a few other FBA merchants.

I'm sure it's not that big an issue because there are multitudes of people drop shipping Amazon products on eBay.

Thanks in advance guys .. really looking forward to getting involved in this forum.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Amazon Drop Ship and MC999

There will be plenty of people drop shipping on Amazon and EBay but both sites frown upon it and will come down on you heavily if you blatantly do it, many many users of those sites are ex-sellers because of doing much less than drop shipping.
Old 11-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You can not get an MC999 for a duplicate of an amazon listing

Where did you get that idea?

Learn the facts about listings. Amazon/ebay do not interchange info that way.

Your MC990 should be related to the item described in the listing.

What did you list?
Old 11-06-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

What did you list?
Hi Greenie, great to see you back
Old 11-06-2015

Every time I buy something on Ebay and it is drop shipped to me from Amazon I feel like an idiot for not looking there and finding it cheaper in the first place. I have never left a negative for it but I suspect some people would just because they feel the same way. I have read buyers on the Ebay forum with their panties in a twist about the subject more then once.

On the other hand I suppose it could be a lucrative venture....

As to your dilemma I believe it is possible that you could purchase items from a licensed distributor and still find them removed by the VERO program on Ebay because you are not a licensed distributor although this is mere speculation on my part. I also believe that new accounts are under closer scrutiny. After one VERO take down they will be watching the account closely for more violations.

Last edited by tempusfugit; 11-06-2015 at 09:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tempusfugit For This Useful Post:
password01 (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
There will be plenty of people drop shipping on Amazon and EBay but both sites frown upon it and will come down on you heavily if you blatantly do it, many many users of those sites are ex-sellers because of doing much less than drop shipping.
I don't think this is the case to be honest. There are an absolute **** ton of people doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

What did you list?
Hmm.. Well I listed a crappy Santa Bathroom set (toilet lid cover etc..)

Somebody tipped me off afterwards not to list stuff being sold by foreign distributors. Only ever list stuff as sold/listed by Amazon and things should be ok.

I have set up a number of stealth accounts purely for testing out listings before I continue.If anybody is curious about how this goes, ping me and i'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Hi Greenie, great to see you back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempusfugit View Post
Every time I buy something on Ebay and it is drop shipped to me from Amazon I feel like an idiot for not looking there and finding it cheaper in the first place. I have never left a negative for it but I suspect some people would just because they feel the same way. I have read buyers on the Ebay forum with their panties in a twist about the subject more then once.

On the other hand I suppose it could be a lucrative venture....

As to your dilemma I believe it is possible that you could purchase items from a licensed distributor and still find them removed by the VERO program on Ebay because you are not a licensed distributor although this is mere speculation on my part. I also believe that new accounts are under closer scrutiny. After one VERO take down they will be watching the account closely for more violations.
Yea I believe those people are just plain idiots. Complaining at their own stupidity that they didn't shop around.

I don't see why they are bothered to be honest, because anytime we buy anything it is marked up so the seller profits (with exceptions of course). The only difference here is they could of bough it in the same place as the seller.

Yea true that. The account I listed was my personal account, and not new. I have since setup a stealth to test the theory.

I believe that VeRO is a complete pain in the ass.. for sellers of all types.
The Following User Says Thank You to password01 For This Useful Post:
TechoeGeek (09-11-2017)