Listing a high risk or calling it for a higher limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Listing a high risk or calling it for a higher limit

On one of my stealth accounts I am considering to list an autographed item which I know is high risk. My account is about 2 months old with a low seller limit listed all low risk items until now with a few feedback. I was planning on calling in for a limit increase should I call for an increase before I list the autographed item or after it sells for a limit increase is the question?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Listing a high risk or calling it for a higher limit

Calling brings unwanted attention to an account. Never call right after listing a high risk item. That is just asking for trouble.
Old 11-09-2015
Threadstarter  

So your saying call in before and get an increase then list
Old 11-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

What are your limits now? You might be better off waiting for this to happen naturally. Because if you call in before, they will want to know what you intend to list and ask a lot of questions. If you call in after you list an autograph, which IS a high risk item, then they will probably start looking at your account very closely.

Limit increases come pretty quickly for most people if they see you are shipping your items and your customers are happy. A friend of mine went from 5/500 to 180/12000 in less than 90 days.

Also, if your autograph has been authenticated, like PSA/DNA or something, be sure to mention that in your listing. It would STILL be considered high risk, but not quite as high as it will be without it.
Old 11-10-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthzadar View Post
So your saying call in before and get an increase then list
If you just have been listing low risk items than definitely call first and ask for an increase.
If you list a high risk item and than call to increase they will scrutinize you over the Authenticity and supplier and on and on
Old 11-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
Calling brings unwanted attention to an account. Never call right after listing a high risk item. That is just asking for trouble.
This.

Definitely NEVER call in when you're listing something against eBays rules (i.e. digital delivery codes) or on an established account with high risk items listed (Beats, Gift cards, autographed merchandise, etc etc)

After you call and get your limit increase, go ahead and do it.

ALSO, since Jeff mentioned it, the key ingredient to getting through a noisy eBay rep is LIES. If they ask if you're drop-shipping, the answer is always NO. I don't care if you've never touched a product in your life. NO.

Same for other obvious questions....if they ask where you get the product from, and it's not generic, don't say CHINA. Of course, you shouldn't be getting branded goods from China anyways, but that's beside the point.

The point is, don't admit to wrongdoing. They ask these questions so that idiots will give themselves away. As long as you never admit to it, they don't bother questioning further.