eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How do I stop international buyers from buying my US only auctions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/91547-how-do-i-stop-international-buyers-buying-my-us-only-auctions.html)

Futuremogul888 11-28-2015 05:02 PM

How do I stop international buyers from buying my US only auctions

I have nailed down listings descriptions, buyer requirements, and customer service on ebay to where I have virtually no customer issues. When I do have a customer issue, it is resolved quickly and everyone is happy.

There is one exception to this and that is international customers. They leave negative feedback and open cases without contacting me first even though I include multiple ways to contact me in the box. Then when I contact them it takes forever to resolve and most of the time it resolves in a way not favorable to me. On top of this 95% of their issues with the items are their own fault. They bought the wrong thing or are misusing it because they don't understand the directions.

Keep in mind I do not allow international buyers to bid or buy on my listings. I select US only. The problem is that there are so many forwarding services/international mailboxes in the US that it does not matter. So these buyers have an Ebay.com account and a US address.

I know there is a way to block them from completing buy it now listings in paypal. My question is can anyone think of a way to block international bidders (who have a US address) from winning my auctions.

GreenBean 11-28-2015 05:05 PM

Re: How do I stop international buyers from buying my US only auctions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 724781)

Keep in mind I do not allow international buyers to bid or buy on my listings. I select US only. The problem is that there are so many forwarding services/international mailboxes in the US that it does not matter. So these buyers have an Ebay.com account and a US address.

I know there is a way to block them from completing buy it now listings in paypal. My question is can anyone think of a way to block international bidders (who have a US address) from winning my auctions.

How many listings are you talking about?

:spy:

Futuremogul888 11-28-2015 05:23 PM

Re: How do I stop international buyers from buying my US only auctions

The international buyers win about 10 - 30 a month. But this is out of hundreds of potential auctions. I know 10-30 might seem like a small amount compared to 100's of listings but they are making up 90% of my problem customers.