Listing views - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Listing views

Right,

This is not about listing rankings or how to get higher in the sea on USB chargers out there.

I have a bit of a problem here ladies and gents.

I sell well across my accounts but recently I've noticed few "weird" things on two of my accounts and I thought I'd see what you think of it.

I have a product that always sells, in a single piece of home decor item and usually I sell it with no problems for £20-25 with it selling within a day, ma two.
During my last restock I got 5 of those items and I sold 3 of them without any problems. Each single listings, not QTY 5.

Now I have two left and I can't seem to shift them.

So I put my tinfoil hat on and started to investigate listings and times, prices and views/watchers for the same item. I found that every item that I had sold previously had around 50-80 views with 5-10 people watching within 24 hours, before it finally sold.

The two items that I have left now have been up for 3 weeks and I have 19 views on them.
Something is off.
But what?

Howcome I can generate loads of traffic and quick sales 90% of the time but sometimes the listing almost feels like its "lost" somewhere in the system.

How should I go about the listing? Should I end it, retype it and change the title a bit so that it'd look like a "new" listing in the system and perhaps avoid it being "lost" somewhere?

I always use the same method when I list the item- I take my previous sold item listing, change the images and just relist the "template" that I have in my archive.

I then went to see my other items that haven't had any watchers for couple of weeks and I noticed all of them having the same running theme- Low views count, when the item usually sells without problem.

Should I edit the listings, end them or just wait and see? I don't really want to wait and see because the items that I have are popular sellers and never have any issues, just weird that from 50 listings that I put up a week, about 20 are live, but seem "lost"

Any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2015

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Listing views

auctionsss?
Old 12-07-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

both bin and auctions
Old 12-07-2015

They had a update a few months ago, if you run auctions with the same/similar titles then only one listing is visible until one gets a bid then 2 are visible etc.

says more here EBAY LINK:
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201507.sh...15-07-01084550
Old 12-07-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Dan, you need to up your game.

I'm talking about multple different listings, each individual description and title. I'm not talking about 70 UsB chargers that are all the same, except for tiny title differences and 5p price steps.

Cmon now, you can do better than that
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Would it make sense to kind of sort through the listings that I seem to have "lost" somewhere and just end them, without relisting them and then edit the titles slightly and add even more of a description and make them slightly different to the original ones and perhaps list them again? Maybe even give them a week "off" in drafts/scheduled section?

I have experienced similar thing once or twice before with BIN items that I have sent to auction. Last time it happened in early November when I sent 25 BIN listings to online auction, even dropped the price because I wanted to get rid of the stock, and I was expecting to sell at least 75% of the listings but only ended up selling 2 listings and rest of them had 10-15 views.

Sometimes when I schedule my listings I can see that eBay bots have viwed it 8 times so when I see a listing with 10 views then something must be wrong.

I would question the account traffic, but I'm in greens and 100% in every category with no returns, DSR % or other negatives against my accounts.
The account sells without problems as well because out of 70(ish) listings about 50 are very active and have minimum 5 watchers and thats all with one week and I get plenty of offers and sales.
But the ones that don't attract watchers and views, they seem to be REALLY off the grid. Problem is that the items that have not seen ANY action from cusomers are items that I usually sell within hours.

Just confuses me, as I'm losing sales, but more than anything I'd like to know what causes this so that I could avoid it in the future.
Old 12-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Dan, you need to up your game.

I'm talking about multple different listings, each individual description and title. I'm not talking about 70 UsB chargers that are all the same, except for tiny title differences and 5p price steps.

Cmon now, you can do better than that
Ah not sure then mate, see if your mrs will give you a job once her etsy empire overtakes your sales lol
Old 12-07-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Ah not sure then mate, see if your mrs will give you a job once her etsy empire overtakes your sales lol
By the time she overtakes me, its time for retirement!
(No, retirement is not 4 months away, I'm only 26)
Old 08-27-2016

Longevity: 45%

Have you found out what the problem was? I have the same problem actually... I've had that problem few months ago with another ebay account but I was never able to find a solution :(
Old 08-27-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Without giving too much away, what you can try to do is list it again, fresh. Don't relist the same items.

To put it simply, what tends to happen is if a listing is not doing well, it starts drowing. When the same item is relisted (when you get more inventory), that 'relisted' item continues to drown.

It seems that particular item may not have been doing well at some stage, and its affecting all future sales.

Try selling item from scratch again and see what happens. Do report back.

Last edited by Play; 08-27-2016 at 02:41 PM.