eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   USPS Shipping Rate Increase (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/9205-usps-shipping-rate-increase.html)

BooMer 01-19-2009 06:55 AM

USPS Shipping Rate Increase

So this morning I was preparing labels online through paypal and notice the Shipping rate for Priority Mail has increased. International Priority rates increased over a $1.00 for the first pound!:mad: First Class mail stayed the same. Why didn't they notify us of the increase? Just when the economy is down and gas price is lower they want to raise the shipping cost. They should lower the Shipping cost is what I think not increase it. Just plain dumb I tell ya. Now I predict Ebay is gonna be next in line to raise their Fees and then Paypal.

BooMer

BooMer 01-19-2009 07:03 AM

I found the Info about the rate change on the pitney bowes site. Expect more changes in May.

On January 18, 2009, new prices for USPSŪ Shipping Services will take effect. “Shipping Services” includes Priority MailŪ, Express MailŪ, Parcel SelectŪ, Parcel Return Service, Bulk Parcel PostŪ, Bulk International Mail and Premium Forwarding Service.

Overall, the average increase is 5% but on average by class, prices increase as follows:

Priority MailŪ 3.9%

Express MailŪ 5.7%

Parcel SelectŪ 5.9%

Parcel Return Service 5.3%

International Shipping 8.5%

In addition to the commercial pricing for Express MailŪ and Priority MailŪ that was introduced last year, the USPSŪ will have new Commercial “Plus” pricing for qualifying mailers. The Priority MailŪ “Plus” pricing is 7% less than retail pricing and Express MailŪ “Plus” pricing is 14.5% less than retail pricing! When a mailer or shipper considers the fact that the USPS doesn't add extra fees such as fuel surcharges or address correction charges to their prices, and with the Commercial and Plus pricing, USPS Shipping Services can be a great cost-saving alternative to other express and ground carriers!

The USPSŪ will also offer a new Small Priority MailŪ Flat-Rate box which will probably be large enough to hold a VHS tape or a small book. The retail price is $4.95, the commercial price will be $4.80 and even less for “Plus” pricing. Remember, Priority MailŪ packaging from the USPSŪ is free and be ordered online at usps.com!

Pricing for Mailing Services, including First-Class MailŪ and Standard MailŪ will be announced in February and take effect in May 2009. Stay tuned!

Burst 01-19-2009 07:22 AM

I noticed the spike in prices last night preparing labels as well.

I opted to use another carrier because of the huge increase. I can get better tracking services, support, and about the same delivery time for less.