eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   VM clone or VM OS install (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/92528-vm-clone-vm-os-install.html)

likefrasers 01-02-2016 05:23 AM

VM clone or VM OS install

When you set up the VMware and set up the first VM, can you just clone the first VM for another new VM?

I have 4 accounts, can I just clone 3 VM and change the MAC address, use new IP address for each VM?

Correct me if I'm wrong, thank you.

phaz0rz 01-02-2016 09:12 AM

Re: VM clone or VM OS install

I personally choose to do a fresh install using the same ISO for every new account, but it would not make any difference if you chose to clone your first VM 3 times. As long as you configure each VM to use a different IP once you get them going.

Note: You can disregard the last sentence, just realized you already mentioned IP.

You're good to go.

fuzzylogik 01-02-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 733308)
When you set up the VMware and set up the first VM, can you just clone the first VM for another new VM?

I have 4 accounts, can I just clone 3 VM and change the MAC address, use new IP address for each VM?

You are good to go with that setup.

Install all Windows updates then Copy the VM as many times as needed.

phaz0rz 01-02-2016 09:40 AM

I would advise against installing all of the Windows updates, but it won't hurt anything if you do. I say this because I keep all of my VM's as small (and as fast) as possible. None of mine are larger than 8 gigs. Installing updates will slow the VM down a bit, and increase its size.

I use a bootleg XP which doesn't even get updates, lol. But like I said, it's your choice whether you install them.

muzzie 01-02-2016 11:02 AM

Cloning VMs is totally fine.

Callidus 01-02-2016 11:11 AM

Cloning an original VMWare works perfectly, no need to install a new OS on a new machine each time, that's very time consuming

manoverde 01-02-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 733308)

You better install always fresh details. You never know if something can get linked.

likefrasers 01-02-2016 01:48 PM

I also use a vpn outside of the vmware fusion to boost the speed, but if by any chance this stealth vpn is off, will it affect the virtue machine inside?

BiN4RY 01-02-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 733432)
I also use a vpn outside of the vmware fusion to boost the speed, but if by any chance this stealth vpn is off, will it affect the virtue machine inside?

Yes it will.

You're better off configuring account specific VPNs inside the VM. The VPN connection's performance impact on the VM is negligible.

likefrasers 01-02-2016 03:04 PM

was so terrified just one minute ago, cloned a new vm from the first vm which I used to log in already into a stealth account, cleaned the cookies, set up new IP by portable firefox, changed the mac, confirmed the IP address by Check your IP address in system anti fraud detections, detecting real location, then try to log into my second stealth account, click the username, and it pops out the username from the first VM!!!

Is there something I didn't do properly? I immediately deleted that new VM.

But before I set up the second VM, I will need to know what should do is the safe way.

Thought I have done everything as the forum suggested. How come the first stealth account information will be left on the second VM?

Was struggling with this VM fusion for almost 4 days, just want to get rid of the VPS i used before, because they are too slow and you would not be sure the address is clean.

Need some suggestions. Thank you!

glacier922 01-02-2016 03:42 PM

Maybe you should use a vm from a brand new install, and then clone that one? Like, install fresh os, setup your wifi or whatever internet connection, open a web browser, save the state, then clone that. Otherwise, if u have logged into one VMware there might be some flash cookies that u were not aware of.

phaz0rz 01-02-2016 04:36 PM

I agree with glacier. Earlier I assumed you hadn't done anything to the VM already.

If you're going to clone VM's rather than creating new ones, clone them right after you install the OS before you do ANYTHING with it.

empirestate 01-02-2016 05:14 PM

Windows XP SP3 is my recommended for VM

brandnewboss 01-02-2016 05:21 PM

Most def Windows Xp is the best for vm's, for those that aren't that techy you can get a disc on eBay for $20 and keep using the same disc over and over, just stick it in and load em up, nice and simple.