How do ebay sellers sell authentic clothing?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default How do ebay sellers sell authentic clothing??

I have seen numerous ebay sellers selling clothing like "polo" and "nautica" etc....I am assuming its on eof two things

1) These items are purchased directly from the store when there is a big sale going on....so when the sale stops the ebay pricing is cheaper than the store prices.
2) There is a market overseas for certain name brand clothing companies that do not ship to certain regions.

Either way..I don't understand how these sellers can take the risk of inventory not selling completely. What if $10,000 of clothing is purchased and only 4k in inventory sell..they have excess stock they will be stuck with?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-02-2016

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How do ebay sellers sell authentic clothing??

The retailer needs to sell 80% of his stock , some sellers also have shops where they sell. I sometimes wonder how the seers on eBay are making a profit . They must somehow be making profit or they would not do it .
Old 01-02-2016

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%

If your question is who is their supplier of course you'll never know, unless they are stupid and tell you.

All those clothes you listed generally cost under $10 to be made. Play with the numbers and if you have the right middle man you can make easy profit.

Its all about who you know.

I can assure you no one is wasting there time to sell polo's for fun. Maybe some products are for feedback etc
Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
If your question is who is their supplier of course you'll never know, unless they are stupid and tell you.

All those clothes you listed generally cost under $10 to be made. Play with the numbers and if you have the right middle man you can make easy profit.

Its all about who you know.

I can assure you no one is wasting there time to sell polo's for fun. Maybe some products are for feedback etc
To be honest, its really not that simple..what I have found for brand name clothing companies is that there really aren't any true "distributors" or "wholesalers"..there is only liquidation companies and closeout companies.
Old 01-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
To be honest, its really not that simple..what I have found for brand name clothing companies is that there really aren't any true "distributors" or "wholesalers"..there is only liquidation companies and closeout companies.
For starters every brand is different on how they make there clothes.

Obviously generic brands sold at Macy's may be made very similar to ones sold independently in Japan.

If the question is how sellers make profit then its simple, yes or no. It's either they make a profit or they don't. If you take a very saturated well known brand like Ralph Lauren Polo, each polo probably costs around $5-$7 to be made. If you are selling them for $35 on eBay and bought them in BULK for $25 that's $10 per sale.

Your still selling it well below what Macy's might charge so everyone wins.

There are 1000's of brands I sell that are INDEPENDENT which means if you know someone in at the manufacture building OR someone within the company with importance then you can get a VERY good deal if you buy in bulk. Companies love to sell to wholesalers if your a trusted dealer. They are getting a guaranteed amount of money even its lower than what a retail store might sell it for.

Its then the SELLERS job to get the sale.

Think of Jordan shoes. They come out with release every month and people resell a shoe worth $150 for $400-1K +, why?? Because they have a special account with Nike or they know someone personally who works for them with importance.

There are 1000's upon 1000's of different connects and ways to get deals with brands.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-02-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
For starters every brand is different on how they make there clothes.

Obviously generic brands sold at Macy's may be made very similar to ones sold independently in Japan.

If the question is how sellers make profit then its simple, yes or no. It's either they make a profit or they don't. If you take a very saturated well known brand like Ralph Lauren Polo, each polo probably costs around $5-$7 to be made. If you are selling them for $35 on eBay and bought them in BULK for $25 that's $10 per sale.

Your still selling it well below what Macy's might charge so everyone wins.

There are 1000's of brands I sell that are INDEPENDENT which means if you know someone in at the manufacture building OR someone within the company with importance then you can get a VERY good deal if you buy in bulk. Companies love to sell to wholesalers if your a trusted dealer. They are getting a guaranteed amount of money even its lower than what a retail store might sell it for.

Its then the SELLERS job to get the sale.

Think of Jordan shoes. They come out with release every month and people resell a shoe worth $150 for $400-1K +, why?? Because they have a special account with Nike or they know someone personally who works for them with importance.

There are 1000's upon 1000's of different connects and ways to get deals with brands.

Manufacturers for big brand name clothing cant just sell to anyone..these companies are very picky on who they will sell to..and 99% of the time if you state that you want to sell on ebay these companies will laugh in your face.

Purchasing from someone that works inside the manufacturing plant as you stated without the consent of the company and without becoming an "authorized reseller" is highly illegal.

Also your point regarding companies selling to wholesalers even if its at a price less than retail just does not make sense to be honest.....if your a company like Ralph Lauren and you have a client like Macy's selling your goods, do you really think that an ebay seller is going to have more purchasing power than "Macys?"
Old 01-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

In the end.....it doesn't even matter how these "ebay sellers" can afford to get the clothes cheap and be able to sell it at a low price.
Old 01-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
In the end.....it doesn't even matter how these "ebay sellers" can afford to get the clothes cheap and be able to sell it at a low price.
if course it matters
Old 01-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
if course it matters
It doesn't keep me up at night.....is it something your obsessed with?
Old 01-03-2016

At the end of the day your disputing something your only speculating about.

The simple fact is they are getting it from somewhere. Every seller has there own way of doing it. Not all sell authentic items either. Don't be fooled into thinking every seller is selling real clothing. You'd think Ralph Lauren has a presence on eBay but you also have to keep in mind those big brands are VERY saturated. Unless they have a active listing that's sold maybe 20+ then its possible it could get a another set of eyes looking to see if its authentic or not.

As regards to the "connection statement" I was referring to any normal business connection. If you know someone it HELPS you get your foot in the door and your already 10 steps ahead of some random person wanting to resell your product.

But it really still doesn't matter like MM78 said. Lets say you found out how a seller got their Nautica clothes, what does that do for you? Do you think by knowing there supplier your going to get a bunch of money?? For starters your already looking at competitor #1, and assuming they are already established its almost impossible to compete.

I understand why you wonder it because if I knew some of the suppliers some sellers are using and I'm not talking about generic or popular brands I'm talking HIGH END FASHION low key brands. At the end of the day no one here is going to make you another competitor so its a pointless question that won't get the answer your looking for....just saying.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-03-2016 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Authentic clothing on EBay? Good one, lol.

It's New Year, not April Fools Day.
Old 01-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Authentic clothing on EBay? Good one, lol.

It's New Year, not April Fools Day.
Hey I can grab a shirt from goodwill for $5 and resell it for on average $50 bucks. That's 10X profit. Hahaha

Screw the supplier, I got mine.
Old 01-04-2016

Longevity: 48%

I guess you can tactic your way into revealing their supplier by saying
"ebay user" hello
We have been appointed by "company name" as chief officer to enforce listing and image rights.
May we ask where you are getting your goods?

3 options can happen
1. They will panic and shut down their listing
2. They will reveal their supplier
3. They will ignore you and think they dodged a bullet or think it was a scam to get the info...

Anyway I never used it and I do not intend on selling clothes but I think this might be a possible way to get their source (although I guess most will not cave in quickly)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Ok, so I did not read everything above because much of it is assumption after solefoodbk first couple posts.

The idea that we all can buy for the same price is absolutely false. The idea that some of us are not cutting out the middle men because it may or may not be illegal(every situation is unique) is asinine

My entire business is based on buying at FACTORY cost by cutting out all middlemen and/or building my own goods/brands.

I can not imagine a china, Taiwan, Singapore, etc...factory's cost is $2.00 a polo. It must be much less that than on large scale.

I know when I manufacture blacks creek cases(a large protective case for sporting goods) my largest expense is freight. My cost at just a few thousand pieces is much less than $20.00 USD a piece. No possible chance a polo is $2.00

Last edited by yankee; 01-04-2016 at 05:49 PM.