eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Opened Ebay Case...On Hold Forever. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/92730-opened-ebay-case-hold-forever.html)

wtfebay 01-07-2016 09:13 PM

Opened Ebay Case...On Hold Forever.

Bought an item and the d*ckhead sent me something completely different. He has other sketchy feedback that has recently popped up as well. I immediately opened a case on ebay with pictures of the shipping package, item, etc. just how it arrived. He says I am making a false claim and he has notified ebay. Well, I escalated it to ebay already and got a message saying case was on hold until January 2nd and then I would hear back. Never heard anything back. On the 2nd, it changed to "hang on, we are still reviewing your case". Nothing has changed. Not sure whats going on with it, if I should call in or what.

Mitsu 01-07-2016 09:19 PM

Re: Opened Ebay Case...On Hold Forever.

Definitely call in, they should take care of you.

BigCJ 01-07-2016 09:31 PM

seems like they are reviewing the other feedback and potential cases against them.

Seller may be Naru'd very soon.

dan_ebay 01-07-2016 09:38 PM

Hi

Sorry about that, I got annoyed because obviously as a seller yourself you understand that mistakes can happen, had you sent me a message I'd of happily sent you the correct item but you thought you'd open a case and trash my seller ratings you naughty little rascal.
I've given Ramesh the ebay rep a blowy so now you won't be getting refunded.

Jiexie 01-07-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 735247)
Hi

Sorry about that, I got annoyed because obviously as a seller yourself you understand that mistakes can happen, had you sent me a message I'd of happily sent you the correct item but you thought you'd open a case and trash my seller ratings you naughty little rascal.
I've given Ramesh the ebay rep a blowy so now you won't be getting refunded.

Can,t agree with you more!As a seller on ebay, i hate buyers open case or leave neg without any communication.I usually refund buyers as long as they contact me because they can finally get money back when they contact ebay.
I only hope they will not hurt my account.
Not even dare to sell something more than 50$ on ebay,very easy to be ripped off.

wtfebay 01-07-2016 10:03 PM

I will call them and see whats going on. My purchase was nearly $1000 so I am not going to be yanked around by this guy.

And dan, sorry but I have never bought from anyone in the UK my friend. :juggle:

Mitsu 01-07-2016 10:07 PM

If the value of the item he sent you was something sub-$500, you were ABSOLUTELY in the right to jump straight to a case.

wtfebay 01-07-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiexie (Post 735253)
Can,t agree with you more!As a seller on ebay, i hate buyers open case or leave neg without any communication.I usually refund buyers as long as they contact me because they can finally get money back when they contact ebay.
I only hope they will not hurt my account.
Not even dare to sell something more than 50$ on ebay,very easy to be ripped off.

The point that you guys are missing is that he acquired several negative feedback between the time of my purchase to the time that I received the item...negative feedback for similar reasons as the issue I am having. I would have been more than willing to send him a message prior to opening a case if it wasnt for this. I have been buying and selling on ebay off and on since 2003. I wouldnt pull that bs on someone, as I hate when a case is opened on me without prior communication. The circumstances warranted a case to mediate the situation properly.

wtfebay 01-07-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 735256)
If the value of the item he sent you was something sub-$500, you were ABSOLUTELY in the right to jump straight to a case.

We are talking almost $1000 purchase. I probably should have went straight to Paypal with this one, but instead opened an ebay case and got nothing but bs from the seller. If his feedback didnt take a nosedive recently, I would have been more willing to communicate before going to a case.

rsot 01-07-2016 11:14 PM

You can still go to PP though

vogeltron 01-08-2016 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 735271)
You can still go to PP though

Honestly for something major its probably better going through PayPal. They are less forgiving than eBay with regards to scams etc. Not just you getting the result you are looking for but them being cut off from their service.

muzzie 01-08-2016 08:53 AM

Call in, will get is sorted quick.

Ebayisbad 01-08-2016 10:12 AM

Call in but don't mention the word dxxkhead

wtfebay 01-08-2016 08:29 PM

Called in this morning and finally got over to the high value claims department. The rep told me that the ball was dropped on this one, said he was just being honest about it. I guess the case was put on hold so that the high value department could review it (which is a Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm kind of department) and it got pushed aside, so to speak. We talked a bit about what was going on and he put it on hold again, allowing 5 days for the seller to provide a return label to me. If seller doesn't provide that within 5 days, then ebay will issue a refund. What's another 5 days, right? :sleepy:

luckoftheirish93 01-09-2016 09:43 AM

wait and see i am sure ebay will sort it eventually, patience is key