eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Admin vs regular account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/92832-admin-vs-regular-account.html)

Demetriusl22 01-10-2016 02:46 PM

Admin vs regular account

Hello all hope you had a great weekend, I was wondering if you could help me out, when you are about to use your stealth account with a new windows user account do you create a administrative one or regular one?

Thanks in advance

yankee 01-10-2016 03:04 PM

Re: Admin vs regular account

Regular.

Admins accounts can link accounts via flash of some sorts over long periods of time.

Make them all regular user accounts and not linked.

Demetriusl22 01-10-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736351)
Regular.

Admins accounts can link accounts via flash of some sorts over long periods of time.

Make them all regular user accounts and not linked.

Thank you so much i appreciate the prompt reply

BiN4RY 01-10-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736351)

This is not true.
LSO cookies do not need admin accounts to work. They're stored in each user's application data folder and can be freely accessed by the browser without needing administrative privileges.

That aside, I'd still recommend a standard user account for stealth accounts. They're simply more restrictive in case if you get a virus or anything malicious onto the VM. However, you have to log into the admin account every time you want to install a new program or make system wide changes.

golferman 01-10-2016 05:29 PM

LSO cookies can go on either account and this is a fact!

yankee 01-10-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 736380)
This is not true.
LSO cookies do not need admin accounts to work. They're stored in each user's application data folder and can be freely accessed by the browser without needing administrative privileges.

Whats not true?

Tons of threads saying to not make all accounts admin for chance of linking. Some people state that they do get linked using admin accounts.

BiN4RY 01-10-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736426)
Whats not true?

Tons of threads saying to not make all accounts admin for chance of linking. Some people state that they do get linked using admin accounts.

People speculating something in common doesn't make it true.

Like I said, there's absolutely no difference for user account types for LSO cookie linking, because they're all stored in the appdata folder for your specific user account.

Suppose you have two users on your Windows computer, Bob and Alice.

When Bob uses his browser, all LSO cookies are stored in
C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\...

Similarily, when Alice uses his browser, all LSO cookies are stored in
C:\Users\Alice\AppData\Roaming\...

It makes no difference on whether if either Bob or Alice is an administrator, because no browsers would allow a website to traverse to another user's directory. As a matter of fact, the OS itself wouldn't even allow the browser to traverse into another user's directory at random like that. In the end, eBay can only see the cookies it set for Bob when he logs into ebay, same for Alice.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that standard users are safer for stealth accounts, but it has virtually no effect for linking.
All user accounts on my VM are administrator accounts, simply for the ease of making updates and installing programs. I've never had any linking issues as a sole factor within my last 6 years of using the same VM.

brandnewboss 01-10-2016 06:52 PM

And for those that like to keep it sweet and simple, administrator user is good for personal browsing and standard user is good for stealth accounts..

yankee 01-10-2016 06:53 PM

I hear everything you are saying. These threads are from last summer and it was alL based on some sort of Flash. I am not that technical at all, but after reading a handful of chatting about it from people who know an understand a lot more about it that me, I just use VMware on PCs LOL

All joking aside, I don't know or really want to completely understand it(Just is not what I am passionate about), but the census seems to be, all new user accounts. I apologize if I miss understand and informed someone about the exact reasons why.:peace:

empirestate 01-10-2016 07:14 PM

Just disable and uninstall flash and problem solved.

pegasus 01-10-2016 07:24 PM

Is that the same for Mac users to?

empirestate 01-10-2016 08:09 PM

Flash has no place in stealth if that's what you're asking.

aspkin 01-10-2016 09:53 PM

All my 'User Accounts' are admin accounts.. who came up with admin accounts causing linked eBay/PayPal accounts?

rsot 01-10-2016 10:26 PM

I always make admin accounts too - what's this flash deal link? Doesn't sound right

jeffweico 01-10-2016 11:14 PM

I always use admin accounts and I have never had a problem. I asked an IT expert if Admin accounts could somehow bleed through and link separate eBay accounts on each and he said no, that it would require eBay placing software on your machine. Only then could the fact that the account is an admin account come into play since it gives that account more access to the PC as a whole. This is a guy who has been in IT for over 35 years and he specializes in networking.

GreenBean 01-11-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 736478)
All my 'User Accounts' are admin accounts.. who came up with admin accounts causing linked eBay/PayPal accounts?

The idiots who were allowed to post that and not get a rebuttal from others.

So what is fiction is now fact.

You personally said as far back as 2007 the method of ADMIN worked.

Funny how it does ,eh?

Like jeff, my info was also confirmed by a veteran in the field and not some teenage idiot who needs to be laid instead of preaching steath
:yar:

brandnewboss 01-11-2016 01:15 AM

Oh my god, I learned this stuff in preschool, grown ups are crazy..

Demetriusl22 01-14-2016 08:35 PM

So In Reality both accounts work ?

LoopHole 01-15-2016 10:15 PM

Yes ^^^^^^^

Demetriusl22 01-16-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 738265)
Yes ^^^^^^^

Thanks sounds good to me, I appreciate it!

rsot 01-16-2016 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 736511)
....not some teenage idiot who needs to be laid instead of preaching steath
:yar:

This is now fact not fiction :d

:focus:

yaBeh8ater 01-16-2016 09:54 AM

ok so i have read about this method before and after the mass account loss i suffered a few weeks ago i decided to try having seperate user accounts. so i have noticed on some accounts paypal wants me to do a phone verfication which i cant complete. however i simply erase cookies and ccleaner and change the ip and all works well.

does this have something to do with using seperate user accounts? never had these verifications before.