eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer blackmailed me an dleft neg feedback. How to get it removed and contact ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/92837-buyer-blackmailed-me-dleft-neg-feedback-how-get-removed-contact-ebay.html)

golferman 01-10-2016 04:38 PM

Buyer blackmailed me and left neg feedback. How to get it removed and contact ebay?

So a buyer blackmailed me. I sold a watch in a size Small and accidently sent a Large size. Buyer contacte dme and I offered a fullk refund +I pay shipping cost if they would return it.

Buyer said wife will try it out and see and he will wait. A few days later the buyer contacted me and sated he got the watch to work and he "cut" the watch band to make it fit and contacted me blackmailing me stating he will be willing to leave good feedback if, I give him a discount.

I refused since I stated to return the watch and that he already damaged the watch buy cutting the band.

Anyways a few days later he left me neg feedback with it saying seller didnt give me a discount for me accepting the wrong size

How do I get this feedback removed and contact ebay about this as the buyer damaged the watch when I offered full refund to return it and the buyer blackmailed me

applepbc 01-10-2016 04:45 PM

Re: Buyer blackmailed me an dleft neg feedback. How to get it removed and contact eba

on a stealth account it is generally recommended to not call in, so you will need to determine how important this negative is to you and your accounts health.

for now, leave a reply to the feedback to avoid throwing off potential buyers, but if you can make up for the neg by selling volume of lower priced feedback builders, that is a much more preferred action.

RosieTosie 01-10-2016 04:46 PM

Re: Buyer blackmailed me an dleft neg feedback. How to get it removed and contact eba

He contacted you via eBay messages?, then you have the proof of what he did, you could try contacting eBay and pointing out you have the proof of what he has done and ask them to remove that neg.

golferman 01-10-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applepbc (Post 736388)
on a stealth account it is generally recommended to not call in, so you will need to determine how important this negative is to you and your accounts health.

for now, leave a reply to the feedback to avoid throwing off potential buyers, but if you can make up for the neg by selling volume of lower priced feedback builders, that is a much more preferred action.

its not a stealth account

When i try to reply to the feedback it says there is no feedback to reply to after I submit my reply

applepbc 01-10-2016 04:49 PM

ok if its your real account, call away :) they should take care of it. If not, keep calling.

golferman 01-10-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applepbc (Post 736391)
ok if its your real account, call away :) they should take care of it. If not, keep calling.

on the phone now. they are checking my messages

golferman 01-10-2016 05:09 PM

They wont remove it aghhhh

applepbc 01-10-2016 05:11 PM

just call back and try to convince them. maybe get an american. you offered to accept a return on it and that should be proof... but then again, it doesn't sound like the customer threatened to leave negative unless you gave him a partial refund... so it may not be covered :(

yankee 01-10-2016 05:13 PM

Where is the extortion?

The buyer must clearly make a threat to be removed.

golferman 01-10-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736404)
Where is the extortion?

He cut the watch band then ask for $25. Thats is against ebay polices

yankee 01-10-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736404)
Where is the extortion?

Example would be: "If you don't give me a refund I will leave you negative feedback! "

Stating he will leave you good feedback is not extortion.

yankee 01-10-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golferman (Post 736406)
He cut the watch band then ask for $25. Thats is against ebay polices

What policy states a buyer cant ask for money?

golferman 01-10-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736408)
What policy states a buyer cant ask for money?

Got it removed! They said it was extortion!!

Read ebay policies!

Buyer cannot ask for partial refund

golferman 01-10-2016 05:17 PM

Examples of Feedback extortion:

The buyer can't threaten to leave negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings if the seller won't:
Accept a return and pay for return shipping.
---->Give a full or partial refund for an item.
Lower the shipping and handling costs.
Refund payment before the buyer ships the item back to the seller.
Send an extra item that wasn't part of the original listing. (This doesn't include a situation where a buyer requests a replacement for an item that doesn't match the original item description.)

yankee 01-10-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golferman (Post 736409)
Got it removed! They said it was extortion!!

Read ebay policies!

Buyer cannot ask for partial refund

Awesome!

To be extortion, there must be a threat to leave negative feedback or working that clearly states that.

Sounds like he did.

golferman 01-10-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736411)
Awesome!

To be extortion, there must be a threat to leave negative feedback or working that clearly states that.

Sounds like he did.

But in your other post you said he didnt :suspicious:

yankee 01-10-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golferman (Post 736410)
Examples of Feedback extortion:

The buyer can't threaten to leave negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings if the seller won't:
Accept a return and pay for return shipping.
---->Give a full or partial refund for an item.
Lower the shipping and handling costs.
Refund payment before the buyer ships the item back to the seller.
Send an extra item that wasn't part of the original listing. (This doesn't include a situation where a buyer requests a replacement for an item that doesn't match the original item description.)

EXACTLY what I was saying. Buyer must make a threat to leave negative feedback. Good for you!

golferman 01-10-2016 05:20 PM

Thanks you !. Back to my 100% feedback rating

Now how do I block this buyer

golferman 01-10-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736414)
EXACTLY what I was saying. Buyer must make a threat to leave negative feedback. Good for you!

Also I would have violated Ebay polices if I did offer to give him a partial refund for the good feedback

The seller can't:

Refuse to ship the item or refund the buyer unless the buyer leaves positive Feedback or high detailed seller ratings.
Tell the buyer that they can’t use a warranty included in the listing unless the buyer leaves positive Feedback or high detailed seller ratings.
--->Offer monetary compensation, like a partial refund, to the buyer in exchange for positive Feedback or revising negative or neutral Feedback

golferman 01-10-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736414)

Wasnt a direct threat but anybody with the brain a size of a peanut could see this was a indirect threat and extortion

yankee 01-10-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golferman (Post 736415)
Thanks you !. Back to my 100% feedback rating

Now how do I block this buyer

It depends on your page layout, if you have a sellerpro etc...

Easiest way to find it without know those other things is to click "help and contact" and then search "block bidder" and then click on the link that says "Blocked Bidders List"

golferman 01-10-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 736421)
It depends on your page layout, if you have a sellerpro etc...

Easiest way to find it without know those other things is to click "help and contact" and then search "block bidder" and then click on the link that says "Blocked Bidders List"

Got it and he is blocked!