some info about chargebacks as most of the posts here are wrong - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-15-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default some info about chargebacks as most of the posts here are wrong

(1) if you get a chargeback filed against you for unauthorized purchase and sold a tangible item and it was delivered, you'll win 100% of time.
paypal will take out the money as that's what their system does and they hope you pay up, but a quick call providing tracking and stating it was seller protection eligible and you'll get your money that instant. I am sure paypal fights these as it's their money they are trying to recover. But the outcome...who cares, not your money.

(2) paypal RARELY fights chargebacks on your behalf
if you get a chargeback for item not as described (not unauthorized or item not received) paypal won't fight it. they will give you a b/s story "of course we'll fight it because we want you to win, because if you win, we win as we get to collect fees on your payment" but that's not the case.
I have a friend that works for bank of america and sees paypal chargebacks all the time. He says paypal 99% of the time "agrees to the chargeback" and will send you a b/s letter how they fought it and lost because the card decided that. They agree because it goes to a 3rd party if they try to dispute and it costs paypal 20-30% of chargeback price. So there is no motivation for them to fight it. Also sheer numbers, they can't fight every one. Also, besides the man power to fight every one, they'd be shut down if they disagreed to every chargeback, so essentially they need to agree to some.

(3) the 1% they actually fight it is when you take the money and they feel they aren't going to get the money from you.
I won an A/X card dispute. This guy was some what famous (owned some famous tobacco company), threatened me with his black A/X card lol (don't doubt it I shipped $600 item to a $8M house). But the paypal was stealth and toast and I closed my bank and card, so even if I lost, they wouldn't of gotten the money from me. A/X is notorious for siding with their card holder. Guy said jeans were "unwearable" (whatever that means). As I mention I didn't care about chargeback since I took my info off, but I spent 30 seconds and just said pictures in auction are of actual item so buyer knew what he bought. A month later, I get email saying I won.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackdanielsbtch For This Useful Post:
Lolitax (04-11-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: some info about chargebacks as most of the posts here are wrong

Number 2 is not true and it contradicts number 1. The only chargebacks I've ever had have been from international buyers who claim "unauthorized purchase", and I've never lost one. Paypal fights chargebacks like hell. Maybe just for reputable sellers?
Old 01-15-2016

Activity: 41%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Number 2 is not true and it contradicts number 1. The only chargebacks I've ever had have been from international buyers who claim "unauthorized purchase", and I've never lost one. Paypal fights chargebacks like hell. Maybe just for reputable sellers?
Did you ship USPS first class or Priority Mail?

I have one going on now and paypal although already released the funds back to my account reaffirmed that I'm under their seller protection. The thing is with mine is I sent a item to UK via first class (worth $150) ...It shows delivered on the tracking but since its international it doesn't pin point the actual location.

I still think if you ship to the address paypal provides and its verified regardless of it its shipped priority or not, if the tracking shows delivered by USPS that should be ALL you need to win. I mean its a contradiction if you don't. Some one is claiming it is "unauthorized" but yet it gets shipped to their REAL address?

How does that work? hahaha
Old 01-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I don't think I've ever had a chargeback on an International Priority package, it's always First Class stuff. More often than not the postal service in the receiving country does not do anything with the tracking number. So I'm lucky if an international shipment actually says "delivered". But I think paypal understands how unreliable tracking can be when dealing internationally. Everytime I get a chargeback I provide the tracking number, tell them I shipped the order within 24 hours, and explain that I have no idea why a chargeback has been initiated because I haven't heard anything from the buyer on eBay.