eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Do you sell overseas? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/93098-do-you-sell-overseas.html)

HAHlala 01-18-2016 06:20 AM

Do you sell overseas?

Just wondering how many of you offer international shipping on your eBay? I do on most products but I've had quite a few sales when someone claims they haven't received their package or just leave negative feedback in a foreign language due to them not being able to read my description properly or them not understanding how long international shipping takes. Just don't know if its worth the stress selling overseas?

GreenBean 01-18-2016 06:55 AM

Re: Do you sell overseas?

Last sentence is the deal breaker.....

Is it worth the stress

You need to consider a few factors.

Age and status of account.

Strict controls on who/what purchases the items.

What countries to choose?

I tend to leave international sales until the account is aged. That said, I sell on other platforms and have many return international buyers.

For me, time and trust are what for selling internationally.

The other point is to remember no buyer dictates to you how to make the sale. Like sending as a gift, or sending with the cheapest post... all scam areas.

Good Luck
:typing:

JamesNorth101 01-18-2016 08:17 AM

Totally depends on the item IMO

I do offer international postage on higher end items, but I am very careful in watching who bids / buys the item.

I will always also send via a service that offers full tracking and a signature. Buyers will sometimes try to get out of paying import charges and ask you to undervalue the item. I would advise not doing that.

rsot 01-18-2016 08:22 AM

Profit vs. risk are important to analyze OP - there are many stories of sellers getting ripped off and quite a few sellers won't deal with international buyers because of that in fact.

Jiexie 01-18-2016 09:32 PM

Shipping rate to other international countries is lower than to the US if we send by registered mail,but shipping time is really a challenge.

kowloonwolfpack 01-18-2016 10:16 PM

also canada/usa/au do not track registered post anymore, so a lot more packages getting lost. i have forwarder in china and i find if i let everybody know i'm canadian it cuts down on the fraud.

yankee 01-18-2016 10:19 PM

I love international buyers. Until the recent dollar spike it has been as much as 38% of my total resale revenue on ebay.

Wholesale it is around 50% of my total buyers. Most of my new products are specificly targeting certain nitch areas in South America and Australia for me.
International is huge for me.

xxrange 01-18-2016 10:25 PM

I sell international for the most part it has been a great add on to my accounts. Now to think of it a foreign negative feedback would be hard to reason with thanks for the input

dallis 01-18-2016 10:29 PM

I do about 10-15% international, hasn't been much more trouble than domestic sales on the whole, however, if something gets lost the hit is larger due to the cost of international shipping and the cost to resend.

Jiexie 01-19-2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowloonwolfpack (Post 739333)
also canada/usa/au do not track registered post anymore, so a lot more packages getting lost. i have forwarder in china and i find if i let everybody know i'm canadian it cuts down on the fraud.

No tracking info policy for china registered mailed happened to Canada Post in August 2015,i still remember i refunded almost half of Canada transactions due to item not received by the followed 2 months.Luckily,they still provide tracking number for e-express/e-packet,shipping rate is much higher than normal registered mail.

kowloonwolfpack 01-19-2016 12:54 AM

i sent out 3k worth of product in november....still waiting for customers to receive product. got screwed over by malaysia post, singles day, black friday, and christmas all in one fell swoop. Had to walk away from my amazon account aswell.

Jiexie 01-19-2016 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowloonwolfpack (Post 739383)
i sent out 3k worth of product in november....still waiting for customers to receive product. got screwed over by malaysia post, singles day, black friday, and christmas all in one fell swoop. Had to walk away from my amazon account aswell.

reply to your private message as i can not submit it in forum.
I use E-packet,also belongs to China Post,tracking number starts with LM,ends with CN.
Yes,malaysia post seems to be sick in holiday seasons,my friend was also screwed by malaysia post,but it was fine in June,July,August,etc.

MM78 01-19-2016 01:06 AM

I refuse to sell to anywhere outside the U.S..

yotano211 01-19-2016 03:34 AM

I mostly only will sell to Canada but sometimes I might add Germany or Japan.

GreenBean 01-19-2016 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 739417)
I mostly only will sell to Canada but sometimes I might add Germany or Japan.

Depends on the area of Canada and Germany for us.

We do a subtle redirect to domestic sales ;)

Onion 01-19-2016 04:30 AM

Stick to selling domestically, unless you love getting ripped off!

kowloonwolfpack 01-19-2016 06:35 AM

you can still send registered post to some countries. like portugal.

yotano211 01-19-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 739428)
Depends on the area of Canada and Germany for us.

We do a subtle redirect to domestic sales ;)

What parts of those two are bad for you. Canada for me has no issues and shipping takes 1.5 weeks to anywhere inside Canada, even the more remote locations. And I can make an extra $5 on the shipping per item.

Sooner 01-19-2016 12:07 PM

I sell internationally but restrict the countries I ship to to countries where Shipsaver.com offers insurance. I also exclude Italy, Germany and Brazil because I've had trouble with packages being returned to me or "lost" in the mail in these countries. Each seller has to determine their risk tolerance for international shipping.

Haidukken 01-19-2016 01:21 PM

I don't understand whats the big deal about international sales? I guess it comes down to the product itself.

I sell probably 50% of my items overseas and never had any problems- I send everything tracked and signed, not a problem there.

Problematic countries are Russia and Greece, I've noticed- The people are so rude, so weird.

Never had any problems with any of my accounts, but I tend to sell international after 90 day period because if something goes wrong on the account, I don't want to pay China signed shipping from my own pocket, even tho its not that expensive.

kowloonwolfpack 01-19-2016 03:08 PM

for some reason israelis are some of the biggest scammers i've ever seen. i once had somebody tell me they never received when the tracking showed the clearly had received it.

ilcarletto 01-19-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowloonwolfpack (Post 739608)
for some reason israelis are some of the biggest scammers i've ever seen. i once had somebody tell me they never received when the tracking showed the clearly had received it.

Sorry sir but,it is globally known that WE are the biggest scammers in the whole galaxy. ;)