New DSR measures destroying my business!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default New DSR measures destroying my business!!!

as most of you know about the new DSR measurement, as it appears that this measure only benefits business that sends item with tracked delivery services.

for high volume - low cost sellers however, there is no proof that item was dispatched / delivered on time due to being no tracking. By all means destroying my business (and other high volume sellers too!!) with this new measure..

My next evaluation shows I am above standard with new measures,,

I send all my items via 1st class service, and I am still getting customers stating it did not arrive on time - which i dont understand

Can anyone help to see what I can do to get me back to top ebay seller status?? (apart from using tracked services.)

Many thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: New DSR measures destroying my business!!!

How big are the items that you ship, letter size or small parcel? If its really ruining your business, then perhaps adjust your prices a bit and start sending everything signed for? The difference is not that great and perhaps it could "save your business" if the situation is really that dramatic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
mrgazer (01-22-2016)
Old 01-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

most items are large letter, yes i think i am going to have to agree with you on that one actually... after a bit of thought

thank you
Old 01-22-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Increase your dispatch time.

If you currently have one day dispatch time
And send by 1St class. Your estimated delivery is 2 days from now. If it arrives in 3 days, technically it is late. (according to eBay....)

If you set a 2 day dispatch time and choose a 3 day courier as your stated dispatch method, your estimated arrival will be 5 days from now.

You can still send them 1st class within one working day. So nothing changes. You are just giving yourself some breathing space. Lots of buyers will intact be PLEASED it arrived early according to eBays estimates.
Old 01-22-2016

Longevity: 56%

Don't worry about it, do the above if you're going to go below standard otherwise don't bother. People would prefer a standard seller with 2 day delivery time than top rated with 4-5 days
Old 01-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

I have some accounts that I'm sending items on the same day and have shipping time set as 1 day. On those accounts I have changed my dispatch time to 3 days, as suggested above, but in reality I still handle my sales on the same day.

I know that there are different categories out there, meaning you have different customer base with very different expectation with delivery times. I'm fortunate because I'm not selling batteries and light bulbs, people don't need my items yesterday- Nobody harasses me over delivery times and I have tried different delivery times across my active accounts and it really doesn't make a difference for me if I change dispatch time from same dat to 5 days.

BUT, as a customer there are things that I need ASAP. Like batteries, like packing material, like cat collar, like replacement mouse and so on.

I have spoken to some of my suppliers in packing world and they said that they just moved their shipping times, but kept the daily procedures exactly the same. Thats why I get an estimated time of 7 working days, bu in reality I still get my items within 2 working days.
Old 01-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
Don't worry about it, do the above if you're going to go below standard otherwise don't bother. People would prefer a standard seller with 2 day delivery time than top rated with 4-5 days
This is very true, in most cases.

BUT, if you sell in a category where the listing rankings have daily wars then you need to do almost anything to gain some sort of advantage. Shipping times and top rated sellers might be a factor, in certain markets.

I guess each account/seller needs to see what works best for them. It really is trial and error in some cases.
With this change to our account ratings, I guess we all need to consider it and adjust accordingly. Some might just up the prices slightly and change shipping method, others might just change shipping time. I guess competition really dictated what you can, and can't do. If you need to fight for your listing ranking then there are only so many aspects of a listing that you can change, without losing your ranking.

It'll just take time and a bit of attention for all of us, but every seller should be able to find a solution that is both acceptable for their business model and profit margin.