eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Selling on multiple accounts vs. selling on one account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/93565-selling-multiple-accounts-vs-selling-one-account.html)

JJ373 02-02-2016 04:27 AM

Selling on multiple accounts vs. selling on one account

...for the purposes of search results for your items. I have heard much talk in various other forums about eBay "throttling" of sellers items in viewers' search after you sell so many items in a month. There are people convinced that eBay throttles them or do certain things to sellers so that they only can sell so much and then "Boom" they no longer show up in search rankings, etc... Whether it is just uneducated info or truly is conspiracy theory talking or other legit concerns are unfounded or not, do you think eBay does this one way or another?

I wonder with the stealthers here, you all having experience with running mutiple accounts, what is your opinion of this and is this truly another advantage of running multiple accounts -- besides limiting your risk by spreading among multiple accounts -- there is also the possible advantage of listings spread over multiple accounts will typically sell more than having the same amount of listings under one account, due to after a certain point in a given month, that a single account (whether true or imagined) may be susceptible to hitting an unexplainable "brick wall" in sales that ten accounts selling one-tenth as much each will not have hit yet, and will only hit that comparable point when you've sold ten times as much gross sales?

Thanks for your inputs and thoughts regarding this!

GreenBean 02-02-2016 04:47 AM

Re: Selling on multiple accounts vs. selling on one account

I try not to apportion blame

BUT

I think Cassini corrupted matters for many sellers.

This search engine is so confusing.

Have you thought that?

:typing:

JJ373 02-02-2016 05:12 AM

Have heard of Cassini and I think that definitely contributed to perception that ebay must be throttling them, when maybe not the case and they have to blame the sales drop on something.

solefoodbk 02-03-2016 12:07 AM

Well...

I've had the best month of my eBay selling career BUT that was from Jan 1 - Jan 20.

Sales disappeared after that, slowly. I still get sales, and I'm doing great but it is very strange how I can go from a very good increase in sales to slightly above normal sales. It wasn't even my new listings that got all my sales, I was selling things I had listed months ago but somehow they all started magically selling and now its back to normal.

:violin:

I pushed about 6K last month threw my account. Prior to that the most I ever moved was 4K...