eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Best method to raise selling limits? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/93754-best-method-raise-selling-limits.html)

aalexander 02-08-2016 09:10 PM

Best method to raise selling limits?

Raise eBay Seller Limits?

I have got an personal eBay account, I started it in about September 2015. The account is fully verified, EU limits removed etc. I have built it up and recently have started selling a new product. It is fairly low value, about £10-15 but I sell a large quantity so just in the last week, I have almost reached my monthly limit of for the quantity items (£12,000/180).

The last time I received an increase in how much I can list was at the start of December. I have read that after £12,000/180, there is no use calling to raise selling limits as Ebay simply will not do it. What is the best method for raising the limit further (I mainly want to increase number of items, not value).

JamesNorth101 02-09-2016 11:49 AM

Re: Best method to raise selling limits?

Sell to the limit and wait for the increase to come naturally is generally the most solid method IMO for the UK

just_smile 02-11-2016 05:59 AM

I agree with JamesNorth101.

I've ways just waited for limits to increase naturally.

I have some accounts with big limits using this method.

Turning your account to a business account will likely see you receive increases quicker.

Haidukken 02-11-2016 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 745985)
Sell to the limit and wait for the increase to come naturally is generally the most solid method IMO for the UK

I think I might write up a word document that I can copy every time this type of thread pops up, because my take on it never changes. I agree with James.

There are couple of things you need to keep in my when you talk about limit increases and selling in general.

1. The best way to increase limits is by selling to the limits. Its increadibly easy to get very quick limits incrases, if you sell to your limits and don't have problems with your shipping times and defects.

2. If you sell to your limits it actually generates sales and grows the account "organically" and thus, making your accounts stronger in the eyes of eBay(Unless you have horrible product and can't handle your shipping process)

Based on my experience, its very very easy to achieve 500+ limits within first 90 days of selling, if you do it methodically and if your feedback remains positive and you avoid any problems with customers.

They say accounts are "healthy and strong" after 90 day period, so why not use that time to really invest some time and effort into the account by selling items on it? If you think you can take 500 limit account and list 350 items first day or two, sell 200 of them and NOT have problems, you might be a bit delusional.
Accounts need time and history so combine the two and really take advantage of the "babysitting" phase of your accounts.
On average, I can expect 180 item limit by 8 week mark, 300-500 limit by the end of 90 day if I need it. I leave most of my accounts at around 360 limit because I don't actually need more than 150-200 per account a month anyway, but its always nice to have a bit more than needed, just in case I need to increase my sales.

If you create 5-10 accounts and work on them for 3 months, you have accumulated around 1000-3000 listing spaces across your accounts and you can spread the sales and make each account as stable as possible, because you know the selling history, you know that you have had transactions on all of them and you know that they have their own identity.
It also gives you time to really get good with stealth process in general and practice different ways of selling, find what works best for you and "what you can get away with" if you are selling same product across multiple accounts for example.

Its a naive way of thinking, if you want ONE account with REALLY high limits, INSTANTLY. Because usually people make the basic mistakes of listing too fast, selling too high and it might lead you into a situation where eBay flags your account(s) and will ask some questions.

Spread the risk, build the accounts and take your time- The aim of any good stealth operation is to run the marathon, not win the sprint. The whole aim of the stealth should be staying under the radar, with as many accounts as possible.

If you need any advice, just ask or even drop me a PM- If there is anything I can do to help, I'm here for it.

lucky0ne 02-14-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haidukken (Post 746531)
On average, I can expect 180 item limit by 8 week mark, 300-500 limit by the end of 90 day if I need it.

WOW!
Do you mean Business or Private eBay acc limits? My highest limit on personal acc was 100 items/£3500 per month....and this acc was 6-7 years old...

Sorry - I'm new to this forum, so might sound a bit silly...

mao 02-16-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky0ne (Post 747475)
WOW!
Do you mean Business or Private eBay acc limits? My highest limit on personal acc was 100 items/£3500 per month....and this acc was 6-7 years old...

Sorry - I'm new to this forum, so might sound a bit silly...

It doesn't sound silly, ebay raise limits if you are selling to your limit every month, getting good feedback - quick shipping etc. So if you have had that account but only selling 20-40 items then your not going to get an increase when you still have plenty to play with.

Again, ebay is a funny old buggar, I got my account up to 100/3500 via live chat and a few days later the system upped my limits again to 190 items on personal acc.:juggle:

Van Player 02-16-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mao (Post 747952)
I got my account up to 100/3500 via live chat and a few days later the system upped my limits again to 190 items on personal acc.:juggle:

is this on eb us? I didnt think they had live chat for account limit increase requests... please shed some light. thanks!

Mitsu 02-16-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van Player (Post 748192)
is this on eb us? I didnt think they had live chat for account limit increase requests... please shed some light. thanks!

US doesn't have live chat, the only contact option is to call.

empirestate 02-16-2016 11:46 PM

Establish selling history for 1-2 mo then call them to increase limits.

GhostOfAmazon 02-25-2016 12:40 AM

Just call them.....again. For the 5283570353th time.

dicsolovag 03-16-2016 12:03 AM

So, is it not advisable to call in and ask for a raise on a 30-day old account (US)?
Some say to wait a few months, GhostOfAmazon recommends calling in...?

GhostOfAmazon 03-16-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicsolovag (Post 754960)
So, is it not advisable to call in and ask for a raise on a 30-day old account (US)?
Some say to wait a few months, GhostOfAmazon recommends calling in...?

I and dozens of others.

Read the thread in my sig.

Twisty 03-16-2016 10:36 AM

Organically is always the best. BUT if you cant wait then just go to ebay chat and ask for a limit increase. You are allowed one every 30 days or so.

Ill Be Back 03-16-2016 10:47 AM

Ok I've made a new stealth store today and noticed something different. I could be late on this matter as I haven't been on this forum for a while or checked any of the eBay changes/newsletters.

The store was the usual 10 Listing allowance. I noticed that I was able to list multiple quantities of a single item and it only took up 1 listing slot!! Is this normal as this is huge news for me due to having a lot of the same items to shift.

dan_ebay 03-16-2016 12:19 PM

phone them and ask lol

All 100/3500 accounts are getting bumped to 150/3500 or 200/3500 after literally 10 sales at the moment though

lv91 03-16-2016 03:51 PM

If you will call them too often and too desperately. You will get more problems, then just waiting for raised selling limits

GhostOfAmazon 03-21-2016 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lv91 (Post 755153)
If you will call them too often and too desperately. You will get more problems, then just waiting for raised selling limits

What are you talking about?

You're allowed to call once every 25 days, period.

And what is this "desperation"? If you call and sound like a gun is being pointed to your head, yeah...they're going to think you're weird and ask questions.

Please don't spread misinformation.

JamesNorth101 03-21-2016 04:58 AM

Its every 30 days in the UK :)

Sounding desperate is not really an issue to be honest. Its getting an ID request that is the issue in the UK

GhostOfAmazon 03-22-2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 756168)
Its every 30 days in the UK :)

Sounding desperate is not really an issue to be honest. Its getting an ID request that is the issue in the UK

Are you certain?

They will quote you that in the US too, but the "system" actually allows them every 25 days.

What the reps will quote you and what the "system" actually allows, as is often the case, are different altogether.

epimetheus039 03-23-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 756362)
Are you certain?

They will quote you that in the US too, but the "system" actually allows them every 25 days.

What the reps will quote you and what the "system" actually allows, as is often the case, are different altogether.

2nd that. I used to call and increase before and the lowest wait I got in between was 21 days.

It works well if you use up all limits and then call at that mark. It doesnt work always for that short period but 28 days or so would almost be 100% increaser

GhostOfAmazon 03-24-2016 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epimetheus039 (Post 756953)
2nd that. I used to call and increase before and the lowest wait I got in between was 21 days.

It works well if you use up all limits and then call at that mark. It doesnt work always for that short period but 28 days or so would almost be 100% increaser

I've never tried 21 days. I do know for a fact that 25 days works everytime in the US.

invince 03-24-2016 06:29 AM

In HK if you have a company registered, you can request for high selling limits with new accounts. 80k USD limits or above. And rises fast monthly with sales made.