In the proccess of creating a stealth account-question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default In the proccess of creating a stealth account-question

I created two new user accounts on my computer, and each one will have a seperate VPN attached to it as well as a seperate ebay and paypal for ach account.

I am still reading eBay Stealth and have a question:

It states in stealth that there are three options for names :
1) friend or family name
2) nickname (less secure)
3) Business name

I would like to go with the business name option, but the book only goes over friends and family and nickname option, then goes directly to "email account options."

It states that I can upgrade to a business account on paypal and provide EIN which is great, but how about registering for ebay as a business? Can i do it in the same fashion as I register as a business with paypal?

thnx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: In the proccess of creating a stealth account-question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
I created two new user accounts on my computer, and each one will have a seperate VPN attached to it as well as a seperate ebay and paypal for ach account.

I am still reading eBay Stealth and have a question:

It states in stealth that there are three options for names :
1) friend or family name
2) nickname (less secure)
3) Business name
Unfortunately the book is outdated in that we don't longer suggest family or friends. Now, #3 would sound a lot better in my opinion.

Quote:
I would like to go with the business name option, but the book only goes over friends and family and nickname option, then goes directly to "email account options."

It states that I can upgrade to a business account on paypal and provide EIN which is great, but how about registering for ebay as a business? Can i do it in the same fashion as I register as a business with paypal?

thnx
This is one are I'm not a pro BUT my thought process would be to 1st make the PayPal a regular "Personal" Account and your Ebay a regular Selling Account THEN upgrade your Paypal to a "Business" but making sure you have that EIN on hand to give it to PayPal. Once the Paypal is covered THEN go to your Ebay and upgrade that to a Business.

I could be wrong but maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

The book is outdated unless you subscibed to him new website?
Dont use friends/family. It alsmost always ends poorly. Hundreds if not thousands of threads about it.

Most of use use a made up name and empty house addresses.

Even when you open in a business name, you are required to have a person name as a contact on ebay.

All of us pretty as a whole suggest using 100% stealth until you have to upgrade to business on the paypal side when you are required to add an EIN.

When you do this, you can edit all details to business and it will require the last four of your SS number the past year or so. We, as a whole use the last four of the EIN number instead. Some just make up four numbers. We have had 100% success as far as I am aware doing this.

We do not recommend adding the EIN until you are asked for it. It is incredibly easy to loose an account for no reason at all especially when you hot the 8k in sales mark.
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Dont use friends/family. It alsmost always ends poorly. Hundreds if not thousands of threads about it.

Even when you open in a business name, you are required to have a person name as a contact on ebay.

All of us pretty as a whole suggest using 100% stealth until you have to upgrade to business on the paypal side when you are required to add an EIN.

When you do this, you can edit all details to business and it will require the last four of your SS number the past year or so. We, as a whole use the last four of the EIN number instead. Some just make up four numbers. We have had 100% success as far as I am aware doing this.

We do not recommend adding the EIN until you are asked for it. It is incredibly easy to loose an account for no reason at all especially when you hot the 8k in sales mark.
Im so confused..I thought it was highly recommended to add the EIN and upgrade to business account on paypal BEFORE getting to $17,000 in sales and before they ask you for it?
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

I also want to ask, what is the reason it almost always ends poorly when using friends or family info?
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Im so confused..I thought it was highly recommended to add the EIN and upgrade to business account on paypal BEFORE getting to $17,000 in sales and before they ask you for it?
Not at all. Most all of us recommend waiting until you absolutely have to. I would say that half your accounts you dont even want to add it.

I may very well have more EIN accounts than most other members on this forum. I know dmshark25 has a bunch also but I would say I add an EIN to accounts ONLY in my real name, database verified and that I feel with last years and have a good supply of items I expect to have for a long time or similar items(ebay/paypal hates change)

I would say that last year, 8 out of 10 of my accounts had some sort of issue when I hit 8-12k in sales. Paypal is almost always fixable but ebay, not so much. EINs are a pain and can be expensive to setup fully so we always recommend waiting until you have to add it and then make sure you like the account and it is performing well before making the decision.
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Not at all. Most all of us recommend waiting until you absolutely have to. I would say that half your accounts you dont even want to add it.

I may very well have more EIN accounts than most other members on this forum. I know dmshark25 has a bunch also but I would say I add an EIN to accounts ONLY in my real name, database verified and that I feel with last years and have a good supply of items I expect to have for a long time or similar items(ebay/paypal hates change)

I would say that last year, 8 out of 10 of my accounts had some sort of issue when I hit 8-12k in sales. Paypal is almost always fixable but ebay, not so much. EINs are a pain and can be expensive to setup fully so we always recommend waiting until you have to add it and then make sure you like the account and it is performing well before making the decision.
Thanks for the response.

My original plan was to sign up for a business account on paypal right from the start, and also sign up for a business account from ebay right from the start. The business names would match if course. Then if they ask info such as personal name or principal for the business, I would provide a variation of my first and last name.

The Stealth Book also stated that if and when paypal checks your EIN, they ONLY supposedly (according to the book) check to make sure your EIN matches your business name when you have an LLC.

So basically what I am trying to say is if I had two diff ebay accounts each with different business names, ( and if asked, each with different variations of my first and last name as well), and each one linked to their respective paypal accounts, which both have different EIN's as an LLC, does this sound like a solid plan?

I would really appreciate the input, thnx guys.
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

No, that does not sound like a solid plan. You should seriously consider yankee's advice, because he's right. A lot of the Stealth Book is outdated but the things he's told you are 100% up to date and will work.

Personally, I've never started an account as a business account and I have 3 business accounts now. The best way to go about it is to start as a personal account, then when the times comes to provide a tax ID to paypal you decide if the account is doing well enough to upgrade to business and provide an EIN. It would not make sense to attach an EIN to a brand new account, because you could potentially get suspended in the 2nd month of sales and you will have burned an EIN.

Using variations of your own name is no longer a good idea, either. It would not be hard at all for Paypal to catch on when the time comes for them to issue your 1099's.

Just please forget what you've been reading, go back to the top of the thread, and read what yankee has told you. Frankly you sound like you've already made your mind up about this, but you would be much better off running your accounts like everyone else here does.
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
No, that does not sound like a solid plan. You should seriously consider yankee's advice, because he's right. A lot of the Stealth Book is outdated but the things he's told you are 100% up to date and will work.

Personally, I've never started an account as a business account and I have 3 business accounts now. The best way to go about it is to start as a personal account, then when the times comes to provide a tax ID to paypal you decide if the account is doing well enough to upgrade to business and provide an EIN. It would not make sense to attach an EIN to a brand new account, because you could potentially get suspended in the 2nd month of sales and you will have burned an EIN.

Using variations of your own name is no longer a good idea, either. It would not be hard at all for Paypal to catch on when the time comes for them to issue your 1099's.

Just please forget what you've been reading, go back to the top of the thread, and read what yankee has told you. Frankly you sound like you've already made your mind up about this, but you would be much better off running your accounts like everyone else here does.

soo..using a friend or family name is not recommended..using a variation of your own name is also recommended..and using a business account is not recommended until later on..what options do I have left?
Old 02-10-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
We do not recommend adding the EIN until you are asked for it.
I'm a little confused about this as well. I thought once they ask, it is too late. I thought I had read that it creates a catch-22 where you can't upgrade to a business account because you are limited, but you can't add an EIN without upgrading to a business account.

Is this not the case?
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
I'm a little confused about this as well. I thought once they ask, it is too late. I thought I had read that it creates a catch-22 where you can't upgrade to a business account because you are limited, but you can't add an EIN without upgrading to a business account.

Is this not the case?
This is not the case at all. Read my response in the other thread.

They will request a tax ID from you 2 times before limiting your account. As long as you provide your EIN before they limit your account you will be fine. Even if you go past the 2 requests and get your account limited, you can still easily upgrade to a business account by calling paypal and having them manually enter your EIN.

@OP - You use a completely made up name as yankee suggested.
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Sorry OP, to elaborate further:

You choose a made up random name, and an empty home address for your details. Then you get a tracfone and register it in the zip code of your chosen stealth address. You enter the same details into paypal as you create your PERSONAL paypal account. Then you sell for a few months. Once you reach a certain amount of sales, Paypal will request your Tax ID. As I stated just now, they will request your tax ID two times before limiting your account from receiving any payments. When they send the first email asking for your Tax ID, that is when you upgrade to a business account. At that point you will provide your EIN+business name which Paypal will check against the IRS database. Then, viola! You have a business account.
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

I checked and the OP has subscribed.

He has been asked by myself to activate his subscription.

It is obvious he has selective hearing about what to do.

Good luck in repeating in nearly evey thread what he should do.

99 posts suggests he wants to have his cake and eat it.

I am hoping not to read the thread I did xyz but got suspended.

Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

You CAN use your very own real name as well to eliminate your paranoia and pass database questions if you so choose to do this(My group does this as soon as possible) or if required.
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Sorry OP, to elaborate further:

You choose a made up random name, and an empty home address for your details. Then you get a tracfone and register it in the zip code of your chosen stealth address. You enter the same details into paypal as you create your PERSONAL paypal account. Then you sell for a few months. Once you reach a certain amount of sales, Paypal will request your Tax ID. As I stated just now, they will request your tax ID two times before limiting your account from receiving any payments. When they send the first email asking for your Tax ID, that is when you upgrade to a business account. At that point you will provide your EIN+business name which Paypal will check against the IRS database. Then, viola! You have a business account.
Thank you Phaz0rz, just a couple other questions if you dont mind:

1) Can I use a p.o. box as my address from my local post office?
2) Why exactly is it not recommended to start with a business account for paypal and ebay and instead start with personal then later switch both to business?
3) I do sell smartphones and tablets..thats pretty much my entire inventory..soo I guess the smartest way to break back into that space would be to not sell anything high risk for the first 90 days and then start implementing phones/tablets slowly after 90 days in increments of 3-4k monthly?

The reason I really liked the idea of starting with a business account was because I could just put the name of the business down when I start the account instead of personal info like made up names which might be hard to provide if asked verification of identity?

Thnx
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I checked and the OP has subscribed.

He has been asked by myself to activate his subscription.

It is obvious he has selective hearing about what to do.

Good luck in repeating in nearly evey thread what he should do.

99 posts suggests he wants to have his cake and eat it.

I am hoping not to read the thread I did xyz but got suspended.

Im not sure what you mean?
I dont know how to activate my subscription?
Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You CAN use your very own real name as well to eliminate your paranoia and pass database questions if you so choose to do this(My group does this as soon as possible) or if required.
I am so confused....Phaz0rz just recommended NOT to even use a variation of my name, let alone my real name..and others are saying its ok to use my real name?
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am so confused....Phaz0rz just recommended NOT to even use a variation of my name, let alone my real name..and others are saying its ok to use my real name?
The schools of thougt are divided badly.

I was taught to start with everything brand new and have nothing to link to old banned suspended info

Given your recent suspension, reusing a name wpuld be a low priority for me.

There is also the issue of trying to get back that suspended account that has never been addressed.

I will post you the link to PLEASE activate the subscription.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-10-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Retailer77

Check your inbox for info,please.

Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
The schools of thougt are diivded badly.

I was taught to start with everything brand new and have nothing to link to old banned suspended info

Given your recent suspension, reusing a name wpuld be a low priority for me.

There is also the issue of trying to get back that suspended account that has never beend addressed.

I will post ypu the link to PLEASE activate the subscription.
Thnx greenbean.

So then I will just make up a random name and can I use my local post office p.o. box as my address?

I will need to also create a made up date of birth for the made up name correct?

When you said trying to get back the suspended account that has never been addressed you mean send them an appeal right?
I sent them 3 appeals in which I was VERY clear and I received a generic response to all of them which did not address my concern and at the bottom of each reply it stated "further inquiries will not be responded to"..absolutely ridiculous
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Yes you can do that with the name/dob.

Make sure the PO Box has not been used by you before for ebay/paypal.

I wll leave those appeals for another time.

You have enough to deal with now.

Whatever else you do, PLEASE, please do not make the accounts before getting the
plan checked and adjusted here.

Old 02-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Thnx again greenbean.

This will be the last of my questions, if you have time to answer them, if not its cool. Thnx

1)Why exactly is it not recommended to start with a business account for paypal and ebay and instead start with personal then later switch both to business?

2) I do SELL smartphones and tablets..thats pretty much my entire inventory..soo I guess the smartest way to break back into that space would be to not sell anything high risk for the first 90 days and then start implementing phones/tablets slowly after 90 days in increments of 3-4k monthly?

The reason I really liked the idea of starting with a business account was because I could just put the name of the business down when I start the account instead of personal info like made up names which might be hard to provide if asked verification of identity?

Thnx