eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Address ideas? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/93836-address-ideas.html)

Retailer77 02-11-2016 04:25 PM

Address ideas?

I understand that it is no longer recommended to provide a p.o. box address.
What do you guys recommend?

EWHendo 02-11-2016 04:43 PM

Re: Address ideas?

Doesn't anyone have any recommendations yet!?!?!

Everyone here says to use an unoccupied house.

Mitsu 02-11-2016 04:44 PM

If you want access to the address, mom/pop mail store boxes and UPS boxes are other options that might still work out, not sure though.

Otherwise you can pick any address you want, preferably one that is for sell or empty.

If you're concerned about the return address, you can setup shipstation to do your shipping and use any return/ship from address you'd like, ebay will not see it.

Retailer77 02-11-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 746622)
If you want access to the address, mom/pop mail store boxes and UPS boxes are other options that might still work out, not sure though.

Otherwise you can pick any address you want, preferably one that is for sell or empty.

If you're concerned about the return address, you can setup shipstation to do your shipping and use any return/ship from address you'd like, ebay will not see it.

What if the house you register is one that currently has an ebay account for that address?

EWHendo 02-11-2016 04:53 PM

In the process of getting an account started and looking good, is it recommended to make some purchases?

If you use an abandoned home address, how to you get your items? (I guess the same would go for returns)

My thought has been to set up mail forwarding by using a USPS change-of-address form.

realdeals 02-11-2016 04:53 PM

I look on property websites, and look for houses in need of restoration or modernisation. Look for really run down homes with decor and/or furniture that looks like it is 40+ years old. This way you limit the chance of there ever being an ebay/paypal account there before.

Mitsu 02-11-2016 04:59 PM

Whelp that's not the ideal situation to be in, but that's part of the risk when using an address you're not actually associated with. I'm not sure the possible problems that could arise out of this situation, but keep in mind I think they would have to also have a SELLERS account, for potential problems to arise.

Retailer77 02-11-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 746627)
I look on property websites, and look for houses in need of restoration or modernisation. Look for really run down homes with decor and/or furniture that looks like it is 40+ years old. This way you limit the chance of there ever being an ebay/paypal account there before.

This still does not sound that great to be honest..what if someone moves into the house and opens an account.

Theres got to be another solution?

Also, how do you separate your return address from your home address when you start a stealth account? There is a separate area for both?

realdeals 02-11-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746630)
This still does not sound that great to be honest..what if someone moves into the house and opens an account.

Theres got to be another solution?

Also, how do you separate your return address from your home address when you start a stealth account? There is a separate area for both?

Yes, you are quite right. It sounds a terrible idea. What was I thinking with the 32 accounts I set up this way?:rolleyes:

Why do you even bother to ask questions if you don't accept the answers that experienced, established stealthers give you? :doh:

Mitsu 02-11-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746630)

Yes there's a separate form for return address on eb, it still has to be one you've never associated with ebay before. This could easily be a PO box

Another option is using a third party shipping solution, such as shipstation, they do not share your information with eb and you can use any return address you want, even if it's been linked to a banned eb account before.

Retailer77 02-11-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 746633)
Yes there's a separate form for return address on eb, it still has to be one you've never associated with ebay before. This could easily be a PO box

Another option is using a third party shipping solution, such as shipstation, they do not share your information with eb and you can use any return address you want, even if it's been linked to a banned eb account before.

thanks.
so ship station provides you with an address you can use that is legit?

Retailer77 02-11-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 746633)

Would I be able to use a family or friends address?
ONLY THEIR address..nothing else.

Mitsu 02-11-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746634)
thanks.
so ship station provides you with an address you can use that is legit?

No, shipstation is a shipping interface that allows you to link your selling accounts (eb/ama/shopify/ect) and then ship them all from one place with a lot of time saving features.

You provide ship station with your return/ship from address, but this information is not shared to your accounts (eb/ama won't see it ect.)

Mitsu 02-11-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746637)
Would I be able to use a family or friends address?
ONLY THEIR address..nothing else.

If they're ebay sellers as well, there is potential problems. If your account (or theres, for that matter) get suspended from selling, it can comeback to them/you-- this is not guaranteed but know the risk.

GreenBean 02-11-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EWHendo (Post 746621)
Doesn't anyone have any recommendations yet!?!?!

Everyone here says to use an unoccupied house.

Holy moly... you bleat just 45 minutes atfer the first post?

Maybe ebay is too much for ickle you?

No user is sat here waiting to reply to demands.

Have some respect.

Stop generalising. "Everyone" does not say to use an unoccupied house.

:focus:

Retailer77 02-11-2016 05:16 PM

what exactly was the issue with using a p.o. box as your primary address again?

Mitsu 02-11-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746642)
what exactly was the issue with using a p.o. box as your primary address again?

Yankee said PO boxes are almost guaranteed to start with 0/0 selling limits, meaning you have to call in and explain yourself and *hope* they give you starting limits.

Look into UPS boxes or a mom/pop store, these might still be good to use.

realdeals 02-11-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 746641)
Holy moly... you bleat just 45 minutes atfer the first post?

18 minutes but who's counting. :shhh:

:focus:

Retailer77 02-11-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 746643)
Yankee said PO boxes are almost guaranteed to start with 0/0 selling limits, meaning you have to call in and explain yourself and *hope* they give you starting limits.

Look into UPS boxes or a mom/pop store, these might still be good to use.

I have two addresses I can use..both from family.
However, it would not raise any flags if the return address p.o. box is in a different town than the address registered right?

GreenBean 02-11-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746624)
What if the house you register is one that currently has an ebay account for that address?

Then you made big trouble for the occupants.

:deadhorse:

Mitsu 02-11-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 746647)
However, it would not raise any flags if the return address p.o. box is in a different town than the address registered right?

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure-- I've always used third party shipping tools to ship and have the freedom to use any return address I want without worrying about eb seeing it.

I strongly recommend you look into one if you'll be running multiply accounts. I cannot say enough nice things about shipstation.

GreenBean 02-11-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 746651)
I don't think so, but I don't know for sure-- I've always used third party shipping tools to ship and have the freedom to use any return address I want without worrying about eb seeing it.

I strongly recommend you look into one if you'll be running multiply accounts. I cannot say enough nice things about shipstation.

Might be better to just get the OP running his first account before delving into
Multiple accounts fun.

:peace: