eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Can a buyer leave negative feedback if they agree to cancel a transaction (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/94344-can-buyer-leave-negative-feedback-if-they-agree-cancel-transaction.html)

NZT 03-01-2016 09:53 AM

Can a buyer leave negative feedback if they agree to cancel a transaction

Hi guys.

Can anyone please tell me what the current of state of affairs is with the

'cancel transaction' form

I know you have the one that says that you are unable to complete the order or you are out of stock. I also know that this one damages DSR ratings.

What is the score with the other one? The fact that the buyer asks to cancel the transaction and you cancel with the drop down 'buyer wishes to cancel transaction'

They initially paid with Paypal so I completed the 'buyer wishes to complete transaction form'

I did all this on Ebay and the buyer completed the form and immediately got the refund from Paypal.

Now, on my phone the option for feedback disappeared but on my computer the option is still there.

I had a particularly bad ebayer, you know the one that is quite rude and was insisting on discounts for other items.

I am keen to know if they are in a position to leave feedback once the cancel transaction form has been sent and completed by them.

Many thanks

rsot 03-01-2016 09:55 AM

Re: Can a buyer leave negative feedback if they agree to cancel a transaction

I had a case recently of buyer wanting to cancel transaction even after paying. We were still able to exchange feedback...meaning the buyer could leave feedback

NZT 03-01-2016 10:37 AM

Thanks rsot.

I did wonder if they had removed the option for feedback after completing the form, there are some conflicting opinions online.

However I may have some cause for any bad feedback to be removed as the buyer has been asking by message through eBay in a rather forceful way about what other discounts they will receive on other items.

I believe this action is against eBay policy and would be interested to know if reported to eBay they would take action in removing any negative feedback.

Any ideas on this?

I don't suppose it carries any weight that the business account I run has the Top rated seller rating and a 100% rating?

I guess I got tired of being blackmailed by unscrupulous buyers and decided to take a professional stand.

rsot 03-01-2016 10:43 AM

If he leaves neg feedback, it would seem you have a good cause to remove it - you have copies of the communication

yaBeh8ater 03-01-2016 12:17 PM

only 2 ways to get rid of bad fb. if ebay sides with you on a case or if you call in to report the bad fb.

slokor 03-01-2016 12:32 PM

Yes they can leave a feedback and getting It removed would be just as difficult (near impossible usually) as removing any other feedback.

phaz0rz 03-01-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater (Post 751545)
only 2 ways to get rid of bad fb. if ebay sides with you on a case or if you call in to report the bad fb.

I have had 7 (no joke, I've counted) negative feedbacks removed in my entire eBay career by using the "report this buyer" link. It does work sometimes. Spamming it seems to help. :noidea:

empirestate 03-01-2016 02:49 PM

Yes they can leave feedback after cancellation. Just ignore their request to cancel and mark item shipped.

NZT 03-14-2016 11:22 AM

Update on item refunded and case closed.

Yes it is the case that following the closure of a case that the buyer agreed with and then the buyer has received a full refund they can still leave negative feedback.

However if they infringe eBay policies or post an inaccurate or potentially defamatory feedback it can be removed.

I rang eBay customer services and they removed the feedback and comment due to the fact that the buyer was threatening to leave a negative comment if their demands were not met.

Also on a side note for eBay stealth accounts. I think there is some trepidation amongst some with regards to phoning eBay, the fact that you have to remember all your stealth details.

Granted its handy to have them next to you when on the phone but all they ever ask for is the eBay user ID and the name associated with it.

In my opinion I don't think they care much about stealth accounts, they care about account standing and getting their fees on time.

They won't try to trip you up when you call them.

Many thanks guys!

NZT 03-14-2016 11:25 AM

Also be careful with anything you write on eBay, the customer reps can view everything on there. I always imagine my old victorian nan is looking over my shoulder whenever I do any communications on eBay.

Even if you have real problem people on eBay, stay professional and don't get angry with them.

If they are a real nasty piece of work they will write enough to hang themselves and you don't need to rise to any of it.

bjammin 03-14-2016 01:15 PM

Just a note to add to anyone reading this post:

Anyone who threatens to leave negative feedback or says anything like, "I have not left feedback yet" or really any mention of feedback can be portrayed as feedback extortion. If this occurs, the feedback is removed very easily. This is what I have been told by an ebay rep when I had called in on a stealth account.

wwwStealth 03-16-2016 03:21 AM

I have one of this nasty customers.
He want return under "receive item as not described"
where his order was custom build to order, and is hand made. any way beginning reason was totally different and not subject of purchase.
Some equipment I added free of charge randomly, and this can't be a reason of return. Tere is clear information about this on listing.
So when he found out that this can't be a reason of return, he change mind and says that item is poor quality.
This item is custom made item for him 200gbp "build to order with pre pay"
any way I got tired with him and I'm Ok with refund but I'm not ok to pay both way postage 20 gbp each way.
If I agree under his reason will be whole refund and I have to pay return postage.
I'm just curious what happens when buyer escalate this to case.
I have 100% feedback and already know that ebay mostly take buyer site what ever.
So question is worth to play with or leave it? especially where I have about 50 listings under private seller with expensive product min.200 GBP each (not business account) and also half of them are list (from ebayde and half ebayuk, as I have 2 suppliers).
ps.I already report buyer under "buyer made unreasonable demands/Demands additional items or services" but then not reply yet.

Any ideas on this? sugestions?
Please