eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How do you guys ship on stealths with usps? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/94571-how-do-you-guys-ship-stealths-usps.html)

LoopHole 03-10-2016 10:13 PM

How do you guys ship on stealths with usps?

There is a new worker at my post office that takes his job seriously and returns packages for short paid even if its off by 1 oz.

How do you guys ship when using non flat rate boxes when the price is based on location to destination? I need to ship some stuff that goes by weight but im scared it will get short paid since it would be getting shipped from my eb zip code and not the zip code of the state im dropping off the packages at.

Dmshark25 03-10-2016 10:17 PM

Re: How do you guys ship on stealths with usps?

If you use eBay to print postage, when your on the postage screen where you set the service and weight click on edit your return address, and than keep everything the way it is except make one change to the "ship from zip-code" and change that to your actual zip code.

I do this with all my stealth accounts for years now, the return address is your stealth, the ship from zip is where your actually shipping from to determine postage

empirestate 03-10-2016 10:21 PM

You should also get a small weighing scale if you are worried about short paid for stamps.

MM78 03-10-2016 10:24 PM

Yeah, get a scale.....or find a new post office.....make new friends at the new post office.
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...size=760%2C504

Dmshark25 03-10-2016 10:33 PM

The op problem is not weight, think that was mentioned to show how the postal employee is so strict on every order. Some services at USPS the postage changes based on where you ship from , an example priority zone postages. So i guess before this employee the op got away with using a stealth address for these services even though postage would be off because as mentioned its based on where the item is shipped from, so adjusting the ship from address is the way to go here

LoopHole 03-10-2016 10:44 PM

I already got a couple scales but like dmshark mentioned weight wasn't my issue.

And i tried to avoid the zip code change but i guess it seems fine i just try extra hard not to get any flags on my accs even though my phones have been inactive for a couple years for now lol.... i know it doesn't make any sense.

MM78 03-10-2016 11:26 PM

Take him a bottle of Tequila, that fixes everything.

LoopHole 03-10-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 753804)
Take him a bottle of Tequila, that fixes everything.

I wish i knew who it was so i could at least talk to him.

He definitely carefully checking all my packages which i know for sure. I bet he keeps a list of people to watch out for. But i guess he did let me pass a couple times.

I was short paying without even noticing it until he returned them for short paid. Couple days earlier the packages went through so i guess he let them slide but then decided to not let me through anymore.

Even though these got returned last week i sent one out just to test him and changed the return address on the package. It was short paid and it went through fine.

So i guess they keep a list of people to watch out for.

Dmshark25 03-11-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopHole (Post 753797)
I already got a couple scales but like dmshark mentioned weight wasn't my issue.

And i tried to avoid the zip code change but i guess it seems fine i just try extra hard not to get any flags on my accs even though my phones have been inactive for a couple years for now lol.... i know it doesn't make any sense.

You know which zip code I'm referring to right? Its just the ship from zip code, your return address zip code u keep as your stealth zip

This is perfectly normal and wouldn't raise flags, the option is there because this happens often where someone with a USPS account needs to ship an item but may be out of there home state for work or whatever, so if they are away they can change the ship from zip to pay the correct postage and have their home return address still on the postage because they are just away from home at the time when mailing the package.

phaz0rz 03-11-2016 07:51 AM

@MM - You sell meth?

@OP - I use stamps.com so all of my orders ship from the same zip code. Plus, printing all of my postage in one place has allowed me to pass the "commercial plus" threshold. So now my Priority shipments are sent by cubic dimensions rather than weight, and it's A LOT CHEAPER. $7 to send a box from east to west cost :)