eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Can I Take over Relative's Ebay account ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/95479-can-i-take-over-relatives-ebay-account.html)

thediesel 04-12-2016 08:20 PM

Can I Take over Relative's Ebay account ?

Hey a relative of mine was offering to give me their ebay account with 100 plus feedback and I am wondering if this poises any risk? Is it likely that I will get caught?

I am not banned by ebay, but limited by paypal. No one wants to pay using a merchant account and it has killed business.

I have the stealth guide and will do everything( new bank, new name, new ip, new credit card, new email, new user name on community, new address, etc).

Business is just terrible without being able to take paypal.

MM78 04-12-2016 08:34 PM

Re: Can I Take over Relative's Ebay account ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thediesel (Post 762415)
Hey a relative of mine was offering to give me their ebay account with 100 plus feedback and I am wondering if this poises any risk? Is it likely that I will get caught?

This forum does not promote anyone use their Family, Friend Accounts.

Quote:

I have the stealth guide and will do everything( new bank, new name, new ip, new credit card, new email, new user name on community, new address, etc).
Please explain what you mean by:
New Name
New User name on Community
New Address

newjerseymax 04-12-2016 08:42 PM

If you are going all new then why take family members account?

thediesel 04-12-2016 11:59 PM

my relative has 100 plus feedback and has been an ebay seller for a while. My item is a hot seller( near or in and the middle of a peak of a fad) and while I do have a stealth account, I wont be able to list high risk items for a while.

MM78 04-13-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thediesel (Post 762465)
my relative has 100 plus feedback and has been an ebay seller for a while. My item is a hot seller( near or in and the middle of a peak of a fad) and while I do have a stealth account, I wont be able to list high risk items for a while.

OK, still didn't answer my questions......

thediesel 04-13-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 762418)
This forum does not promote anyone use their Family, Friend Accounts.

Please explain what you mean by:
New Name
New User name on Community
New Address

I would switch over my relatives ebay account into my new name( for example change james into jim), use a new username on my computer, and open up a p.o. box or use a new address

MM78 04-13-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thediesel (Post 762533)
I would switch over my relatives ebay account into my new name( for example change james into jim)

Right.....that move right there will raise every red flag ebay has. What do you plan to do with the PayPal?

thediesel 04-13-2016 09:39 AM

I was going to make a new paypal with matching information

spindoctor 04-13-2016 09:42 AM

:faint: Oh really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thediesel (Post 762533)
I would switch over my relatives ebay account into my new name( for example change james into jim), use a new username on my computer, and open up a p.o. box or use a new address

MM78 04-13-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thediesel (Post 762538)
I was going to make a new paypal with matching information

Yeah man, it's all bad.....I would advice you don't touch that account....not unless you plan to leave everything alone. Changing Info, adding a new PayPal.....the account(s) aren't going to last you too long.

thediesel 04-13-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 762542)
Yeah man, it's all bad.....I would advice you don't touch that account....not unless you plan to leave everything alone. Changing Info, adding a new PayPal.....the account(s) aren't going to last you too long.

So if I leave everything alone: how complicated would the tax situation be?

MM78 04-13-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thediesel (Post 762548)
So if I leave everything alone: how complicated would the tax situation be?

What you can look into is converting the accounts to Business, maybe LCC and instead of SSN for taxes an EIN. I'm not a total pro in this area, but hopefully someone else can shine some light on this.

newjerseymax 04-13-2016 10:10 AM

Honestly 100 feedback is nothing... Are they all selling feedback? Cause buying feedback wont help...

You are 1000% better off going new stealth work on spreading your items over several accounts and you should do fine.

thediesel 04-13-2016 10:13 AM

So LETS say:

I convert the ebay into a business and the paypal into a business account:
does the llc have to have the relatives ssn?

thediesel 04-13-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 762552)
Honestly 100 feedback is nothing... Are they all selling feedback? Cause buying feedback wont help...

You are 1000% better off going new stealth work on spreading your items over several accounts and you should do fine.

I do have a stealth account which I have not touched yet. However it takes 2 to 3 months for the item I sell to trend in order to charge a premium. AT first I made 5 to 8 dollars per item sold and after 2 to 3 months I made 15 to 25 dollars per item sold once I was the top seller.

If I have to wait 2-3 months to start selling this item and then another 2 to 3 months for it to trend....its just not worth it to me because it is in the peak of a fad.

Lot of people dont want to buy from me because I can only take credit cards now.

It took 3 weeks plus to get a second merchant account to get up and running and by this time I was no where near the top of the search results.

When I got my first merchant account( 10 days after paypal was limited) I was still in the top 8 of the search results, could still charge a premium, and still sold 10 to 15 a day.

Right now I am pretty much selling near even or very little profit just to get rid of the supply that I have. I have to promote it now.

rsot 04-13-2016 10:24 AM

Does not sound like you understand the whole idea of stealth - you can't just attached a new pp and hope for no problems...

Playing with relative SSN is bad news as well.

SilentHill 04-13-2016 01:28 PM

Better to start from scratch build your own accounts & Spread sales.