eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Calling eBay doesnt ask me to enter one time pass key for quick ID verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/95490-calling-ebay-doesnt-ask-me-enter-one-time-pass-key-quick-id-verification.html)

kingdomcome84 04-13-2016 01:58 AM

Calling eBay doesnt ask me to enter one time pass key for quick ID verification

When I used to call eBay customer service, I would go on the computer first to get a one time pass key that usually expires in 15 mins. The auto-attendant always prompt me for a one-time pass key which I enter that directs my problem and verifies my account at the same time

None of the customer service numbers prompt me for that one time pass key anymore. The main problem is that I've been using a phone# tied to an account I've been suspended on before to call in.

I used 1-866-540-3229 but it directs me to a representative first. Are there any eBay customer service numbers that still ask for the one time pass key to immediately verify accounts?

GreenBean 04-13-2016 03:04 AM

Re: Calling eBay doesnt ask me to enter one time pass key for quick ID verification

Why did you used old suspended info?

:eek:

kingdomcome84 04-13-2016 03:19 AM

Re: Calling eBay doesnt ask me to enter one time pass key for quick ID verification

I've been using my number tied to my original legit account suspended 5yrs ago to call in related to my stealth info foe a while now. when they ask for one time pass key, I enter it and the rep that picks up has all my stealth info verified

I don't want to call in and manually confirm my stealth info with a rep when they possibly can have my suspended info pull up by the phone number I used to call in.

what phone number are you using to call eBay?

rsot 04-13-2016 06:22 AM

For a while now does not mean it is wise to keep operating like this

chicagoIL 04-13-2016 08:46 AM

They most definitely track phone numbers and I would not use that one any more. Someone was using my real home number that is on my real ebay account and they had their account suspended so every time I called in, I got the message that my account was suspended. Once an agent got on the phone they told me my account was fine, that it was just an error in the system. One agent explained that someone else was using my phone number and it was flagging my account. She reviewed the info while talking to me and they were in a different state, etc. so she did not think it was related to my account at all. She removed my number from the other account and now it's been fine.