eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   re-pricing Software (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/95587-re-pricing-software.html)

james929 04-16-2016 10:25 PM

re-pricing Software

Hi guys - can re-pricing software link you if you have multiple accounts on ebay ?

same question for Amazon too?

is there a risk the re-pricing company could give details of multiple accounts to ebay or Amz?

Play 04-17-2016 08:41 AM

Re: re-pricing Software

what software are you talking about, care to name it?

Most API based applications linked to ebay that I have come across only exchange necessary information. i.e. a shipping app. would communicate with ebay to find out what orders came through etc. but wont go as far as to give anything away.

But again, it depends on the application itself.

james929 04-17-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 763471)
what software are you talking about, care to name it?

Most API based applications linked to ebay that I have come across only exchange necessary information. i.e. a shipping app. would communicate with ebay to find out what orders came through etc. but wont go as far as to give anything away.

But again, it depends on the application itself.

hey e.g repricer express or Appeagle?

Any thoughts...

Play 04-17-2016 12:03 PM

I havnt used/heard of either so cant comment. However my advice would be to contact the development team to find out if the API shares information between the multiple accounts within a particular marketplace (in any way, shape or form).

If its a No, your good to go.

james929 04-17-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 763497)
I havnt used/heard of either so cant comment. However my advice would be to contact the development team to find out if the API shares information between the multiple accounts within a particular marketplace (in any way, shape or form).

If its a No, your good to go.

this is what one programme sent me:

If you're concerned about your Amazon accounts being linked, no end user IP addresses are ever passed to Amazon. Amazon is aware that we are an "integrator" as they call it and thousands of accounts are all sending and receiving data from a few dozen IP addresses. Using the same profile will not cause Amazon to link your accounts, we only send the final price to Amazon, not how we arrived at it.

Is this still safe and trustworthy?

Play 04-18-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james921 (Post 763542)
this is what one programme sent me:

If you're concerned about your Amazon accounts being linked, no end user IP addresses are ever passed to Amazon. Amazon is aware that we are an "integrator" as they call it and thousands of accounts are all sending and receiving data from a few dozen IP addresses. Using the same profile will not cause Amazon to link your accounts, we only send the final price to Amazon, not how we arrived at it.

Is this still safe and trustworthy?

Sounds good to me. I would now pose the same question again, but asking from ebay perspective.

Also which company (of the two) did you send this message to?, or have you contacted both?

Personally I think a lot of these integrators/API's are safe to use.

james929 04-18-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 763764)
Sounds good to me. I would now pose the same question again, but asking from ebay perspective.

Also which company (of the two) did you send this message to?, or have you contacted both?

Personally I think a lot of these integrators/API's are safe to use.

think the answer is the same for ebay and Amazon...

Amazon is more stringent though..

would be interested to know if anyone uses them for multiple accounts?

Play 04-19-2016 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james921 (Post 763877)
think the answer is the same for ebay and Amazon...

Amazon is more stringent though..

would be interested to know if anyone uses them for multiple accounts?

From a stealth perspective, Amazon is more stringent correct.

From the development of API's and integrator's, they are without a doubt different. Hence, you need to pose the same question for each platform.