eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Drop Shipping, item Delivered, buyer wants refund (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/95602-drop-shipping-item-delivered-buyer-wants-refund.html)

Chris18181 04-17-2016 01:28 PM

Drop Shipping, item Delivered, buyer wants refund

Hi Everyone,

I sold a sofa to a buyer on eBay and he is kinda disappointed that it shipped from walmart. I have copied the message that he sent me. What should I tell the buyer?

"Out of curiosity, the couch says its from Walmart. I was going to purchase from Walmart because of the price difference. I'm hoping you'll honor the price it is online if this is truly from Walmart. Please let me know at your earliest convenience."

Thank you,

BigCJ 04-17-2016 02:04 PM

Re: Drop Shipping, item Delivered, buyer wants refund

Hes price matching.

Id honestly be pissed too if I purchased something from ebay only to find it was sent from amazon/walmart/costco.

You can offer a partial refund to match the price or tell him to 'return it' for a total refund?

Chris18181 04-17-2016 02:14 PM

There is no way I can issue a partial refund as I already spent the profit I made on this sale, he agreed to the purchase and bought the item, this is the first buyer In 6 years that has complained, the buyer didn't have to drive to pick it up, lug it to the car, and take it home.

I do this to support my Family, and it really helps!

applepbc 04-17-2016 02:25 PM

tell him your price is your price and apologize. nbd

miketyson 04-17-2016 02:27 PM

I believe price matching should be done before purchase. Just like going to garage sales and seeing this item is priced on amazon and ebay for XXXX amount of dollars. That's comparing apples to oranges. But buyer is always right try to resolve.

Chris18181 04-17-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applepbc (Post 763523)
tell him your price is your price and apologize. nbd

Maybe I could tell him he could make money the same way I do.

Play 04-17-2016 03:03 PM

a) Honor price difference as this is a touchy subject, and most buyers dont like this form of trade.

b) Offer refund, have it returned back to you, and you can sell it on.

phaz0rz 04-17-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 763526)
Maybe I could tell him he could make money the same way I do.

Frankly he's not going to care one bit that you drop ship to make a profit. He feel's like he's been had, and rightfully so. :nono:

I can see your side, but I can also see the buyer's.

BigCJ 04-17-2016 04:23 PM

Well, you really have no choice.

He will either wait for your reply or force a case open.

In the latter, you will probably have to eat even the returned shipping costs and then be out even more profit.

jdanny60 04-17-2016 05:39 PM

I personally would not offer anything. I think price matching shoudl be done before you buy. If I go to a store and have an ad and say can you match this price thats one thing. but if i buy it then go back with an ad and say oh i want you to lowr your price because i didnt look before I bought it that is a different thing. if he files a dispute I would show ebay the messeges. I know they do not take kindly to threats and bargaining that way.

dan_ebay 04-17-2016 06:22 PM

Tell him he can return it and he probably won't bother once he sees how much that will cost him

tuonlineshopping 04-17-2016 07:02 PM

if that's the reason, he will be responsible for the return fee. He won't bother to return anymore.

Chris18181 04-17-2016 09:01 PM

I did have this in my listings,

**Your Item will be shipped directly from our supplier. We are a clearinghouse for several major retailers** In the unlikely event the item is sold out or on backorder, we will contact you to see if you want to wait a few days or we will refund 100% of your money... Your Choice

would this work?

MM78 04-17-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 763580)

**Your Item will be shipped directly from our supplier. We are a clearinghouse for several major retailers** In the unlikely event the item is sold out or on backorder, we will contact you to see if you want to wait a few days or we will refund 100% of your money... Your Choice

would this work?

People don't read, should know that by now. People only see what they want to see and ignore the rest.

tuonlineshopping 04-17-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 763580)

would this work?

people wont bother to return the bulky item if they know they have to pay for it.
Even if he opens case, ebay still request him to return item back. No worry.

Chris18181 04-17-2016 11:08 PM

I will simply jut say that i am running a business and that i am selling the same item at a higher price is no different than Target selling the same item at a higher price. Its not my fault that the buyer didn't shop around before purchasing the item and price matching is not in my policy.

or i can tell the buyer:

I realized that i was out of stock at the last minute and decided to have the item dropshipped from walmart so that the customer didnt have to wait, and i had to pay extra to cover the shipping costs.

rsot 04-17-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 763586)

I realized that i was out of stock at the last minute and decided to have the item dropshipped from walmart so that the customer didnt have to wait, and i had to pay extra to cover the shipping costs.

And if he forwards this to eBay, you can expect your account to have problems

tuonlineshopping 04-17-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 763586)
I will simply jut say that i am running a business and that i am selling the same item at a higher price is no different than Target selling the same item at a higher price. Its not my fault that the buyer didn't shop around before purchasing the item and price matching is not in my policy.

or i can tell the buyer:

no. Don't say anything. You tell him that you could offer partial refund or request him to return the item and get full refund according to return policy (let him know he gonna pay for it)

MM78 04-17-2016 11:51 PM

And this is why I don't drop-ship!

rsot 04-18-2016 12:06 AM

One of eB's classic account questions is often "Do you have the items in hand?"...

Chris18181 04-18-2016 01:04 AM

I somehow got the order mixed up, I didn't sell it on eBay it was with Bonanza, the buyer found the sofa on Bonanza and asked for my approval on it to purchase, so i then asked the buyer if he could purchase it from my Square Online Store and he agreed. I did this to avoid the selling fees with Bonanza,

phaz0rz 04-18-2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 763610)
I somehow got the order mixed up, I didn't sell it on eBay it was with Bonanza, the buyer found the sofa on Bonanza and asked for my approval on it to purchase, so i then asked the buyer if he could purchase it from my Square Online Store and he agreed. I did this to avoid the selling fees with Bonanza,

So this entire thread is irrelevant?