eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Do paypal disputes effect ebay seller account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/96077-do-paypal-disputes-effect-ebay-seller-account.html)

Retailer77 05-04-2016 03:05 PM

Do paypal disputes effect ebay seller account

I have had two recent disputes on paypal, but for both of them I got an email from ebay that stated "this return has been closed because a paypal dispute has been opened."

I am resolving both issues in a very timely matter and both will be taken care of ASAP, my question is if this counts as a "cases closed without seller resolution?"....Because when I check my seller dashboard the cases closed without seller res. section is still at 0 (top rated).

Anyone know?

bjammin 05-04-2016 03:08 PM

Re: Do paypal disputes effect ebay seller account

I am not sure, but I would suspect no. Kind of like double jeopardy there.

Play 05-04-2016 03:25 PM

I too am not sure, but I would give it till the next review to be certain if it has counted towards your defect.

Retailer77 05-04-2016 04:14 PM

Anyone else have info on this?

Retailer77 05-04-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 768263)
I too am not sure, but I would give it till the next review to be certain if it has counted towards your defect.

Thanks Play,
Is there anyway to know if before the next review though? Because I would not want to wait another two weeks if it didn't have an effect on it I can just buy more inventory now.

yankee 05-04-2016 04:35 PM

Just call and ask how it all works, then you will know for sure.

surplus 05-07-2016 03:51 PM

They count towards selling performance but not cases closed.

When a PayPal case is opened because a buyer opened a PP case while an ebay case was open, its customer support who auto close it, so it wont effect you.

But im sure the new update allows a buyer to open a PayPal case and also then an ebay case at the same time.

But if they open a ebay case and a pp case, the ebay one is closed.

slightly off topic

When i had my massive selling account i had alot of paypal disputes when i was selling itunes.
Then as soon as my account was limited it triggered the ebay to be limited.
Then PayPal kept saying that i must close my ebay buyer disputes.
Luckily, the guy on the phone from PayPal was actually awesome to me and phoned ebay directly on my behalf as ebay kept saying i must contact PayPal to resolve my ebay account restriction.

This is from my own experience, but i dont really think they count against "cases closed" if its PayPal as ebay and paypal have very different polices and levels of buyer protection.

Retailer77 05-07-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surplus (Post 769389)
They count towards selling performance but not cases closed.

When a PayPal case is opened because a buyer opened a PP case while an ebay case was open, its customer support who auto close it, so it wont effect you.

But im sure the new update allows a buyer to open a PayPal case and also then an ebay case at the same time.

But if they open a ebay case and a pp case, the ebay one is closed.

slightly off topic

When i had my massive selling account i had alot of paypal disputes when i was selling itunes.
Then as soon as my account was limited it triggered the ebay to be limited.
Then PayPal kept saying that i must close my ebay buyer disputes.
Luckily, the guy on the phone from PayPal was actually awesome to me and phoned ebay directly on my behalf as ebay kept saying i must contact PayPal to resolve my ebay account restriction.

This is from my own experience, but i dont really think they count against "cases closed" if its PayPal as ebay and paypal have very different polices and levels of buyer protection.

Ah got it, thanks
When you say they count towards seller performance can you be more specific?

e2free 05-07-2016 05:57 PM

Paypal cases does not count in ebay seller performance but paypal do know about your even ebay return cases as I rang paypal in past for review account and I had no paypal dispute but had many return cases on ebay and he knew all of them and told me I have total I think 9 dispute so they know it's all linked
But as I said it does not count on ebay

Retailer77 05-07-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 769426)
Paypal cases does not count in ebay seller performance but paypal do know about your even ebay return cases as I rang paypal in past for review account and I had no paypal dispute but had many return cases on ebay and he knew all of them and told me I have total I think 9 dispute so they know it's all linked
But as I said it does not count on ebay

Right..I was just asking because the previous user stated that it does impact your seller performance on ebay..which seems false.

GreenBean 05-07-2016 07:07 PM

Again, it is the point that "things" happened.

Sure they can be closed but the mark is there.

You have to never underestimate the lack of understanding of a paypal/ebay staffer.

How old is this account now?
:spy:

Retailer77 05-07-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 769447)
Again, it is the point that "things" happened.

Sure they can be closed but the mark is there.

You have to never underestimate the lack of understanding of a paypal/ebay staffer.

How old is this account now?
:spy:

Account is a couple years old.
Green bean, what exactly gets marked?
This will not have any impact on my search results for my items/selling potential etc right?

rsot 05-07-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 769448)
This will not have any impact on my search results for my items/selling potential etc right?

Marked would likely mean that agents can see prior issues - if they are brought to do so...

"Exactly" is difficult to predict.

GreenBean 05-07-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 769448)

Techincally no. So long as there is no manual review.

Hooman intervention must always be kept in mind.

:eek: