eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Problem with a parcel being sent to wrong address help! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/9609-problem-parcel-being-sent-wrong-address-help.html)

ebaysucksthebigone 02-17-2009 06:42 PM

Problem with a parcel being sent to wrong address help!

Well i have my first ebay account up and running again. As you can appreciate everything is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on it. Name, address etc..etc.. i use it mainly to sell but im in a predicament now because i bought something and its gone to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address. I even told the seller to make sure it goes to the right address which i specified in ADD MESSAGE on checkout. Anyway its done and he is telling me to call australia post to get it redirected.

Just wanted to know how to avoid this in future and if i should be telling australia post something specific to get it redirected to a real address before i call ?

Thanks hope someone can help.

ebaysucksthebigone 02-18-2009 06:06 AM

um some help would be great... its pretty important. thanks.

GreenBean 02-18-2009 06:17 AM

For a start, Australia Post will not do anything with a phone call: ?reason they must according to our Postal Act prove your ID. You would need to go to a post offce and arrange for re-direction of said parcel. Do I gather that you have no access to the address in question?(oh for a shakesheadsmilie). If so a little tale to Australia Post about how the seller made a mess of your delivery may work. An upset phone call, that lost present. (Gawd i might cry if I heard that) MUCH will depend on you....no?:angel:
LOL. Next time have access to the address.:snicker:

ebaysucksthebigone 02-18-2009 06:31 AM

Well the seller did stuff up. Anyway i called the post office today and they said they could not do anything about it, but they mentioned that today its been redirected to go back to the sender (probably because there is no such address ?) so it looks like its at the delivery depot im basically going to tell the seller he stuffed up and that i want my item if not ill probably do something rash. Anyway just wanted to know if there is a way to avoid this problem from happening in the future ?

GreenBean 02-18-2009 06:35 AM

Of course, there is.:D

ebaysucksthebigone 02-18-2009 06:39 AM

Um ok... so what then ?

aspkin 02-18-2009 06:47 AM

Use a real address?

Don't buy with your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address?

ebaysucksthebigone 02-18-2009 07:33 AM

Fair enough... i just thought there was a way around it... but obviously not. Cheers.

NO ID 02-18-2009 09:22 AM

Talk to your sellers before you buy, and make sure they understand to ship here and not there.

yaw1800 02-20-2009 09:23 PM

Sellers usually wont send to different addresses for the simple fact that they lose any seller protection that paypal "offered" ..

ebaysucksthebigone 02-23-2009 05:50 PM

ok well things worked out... seems like it was a return to sender when it was delivered to the wrong address and the seller forwarded it to the correct address... :)

ebaysucksthebigone 02-23-2009 05:50 PM

btw these emoticons are rather gay LOL

Burning 02-23-2009 06:00 PM

Yes, I have to agree. I liked the smaller icons. Many sellers do not ship to a different address, I have tried that.

wookster 02-24-2009 02:03 PM

When you buy something and you use your F@ke account just email the buyer (before you buy) and tell them that you need the item ship to another address. If they say nope, move on. I usually say something like "we are currently at our vacation home and I need this shipped here and not to the address listed by ebay. If it is shipped to the address listed it will be returned as no one is home there for a few more months" I have purchased a ton of items this way....

PS. I agree with the icon thingy too. I dont like how they split up the text and they way certain ppl use them seems a tad rude.........no?

aspkin 02-28-2009 11:27 AM

Hey blame it on Greenbean.. she likes them! :)

Johnny_88 02-28-2009 11:59 AM

I just made an account with my real info for buying. When I want to go to my seller account i just clean cookies, change IP, the whole nine. As long as you're buying with your real info, even if its been banned before, ebay won't do anything. You're making them money after all. I've bought many things like this so far and still manage to keep my seller account up and running by being careful with my IP and so on. It sucks because using your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to buy on top of selling would really help your FB out but better safe than sorry I guess.

GreenBean 02-28-2009 04:27 PM

:fight: They match ugly avatars,no ;)

newstart 02-28-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_88 (Post 77386)
I just made an account with my real info for buying. When I want to go to my seller account i just clean cookies, change IP, the whole nine. As long as you're buying with your real info, even if its been banned before, ebay won't do anything. You're making them money after all. I've bought many things like this so far and still manage to keep my seller account up and running by being careful with my IP and so on. It sucks because using your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to buy on top of selling would really help your FB out but better safe than sorry I guess.

The FB is not worth it IMO. Always have separate buying and selling accounts.

oompaloompa 03-01-2009 05:26 AM

not true, Ive built up quite a bit of feed back using stealth accounts and buying, Plus it makes you look like a legit ebayer, eg buying and selling, looks good. contact buyer before bidding, if they say no, fine. Only probs encountered is when you go in to ebay ask question and say can you ship to vacation address, and they respond saying ok, but then when you win they wont responded to you directly via email and require you to only use ebay message service, ie you have to give your real address on the site as opposed to direct email. Had that many times, waiting and waiting after won bid for them to respond and they dont. Send you loads of invoices and you are like, respond to me confirming the address I gave you, otherwise you could pay and they send it directly to stealth address, espeically if they are a big seller and would forget who is who.