eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Creating new accounts and selling (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/9632-creating-new-accounts-selling.html)

aking 02-19-2009 10:48 PM

Creating new accounts and selling

OK, so I am about to make some new ebay accounts this weekend, maybe 2 or 3. How long do you guys wait to start selling on your new accounts? Does anybody ever make a new account and start selling like 2-3 days later? I not selling any vero, just DVDs and my sons clothes and shoes and random stuff around the house that we never use.

boondoggle 02-19-2009 11:13 PM

30 days is what is recommended, but you see plenty of sellers with the little yellow man ,indicating new account, selling almost immediately. 2-3 days is bound to raise flags though if you are going to sell a lot.

aking 02-19-2009 11:23 PM

i think i am going to make like 5 accounts and let 4 of them age for the 30 days. I'll take my chances with the one, Im just selling random items around my home so I dont think there will be a problem. I did take a few days and do some searches and play around with some things on the site (like a new member would). I may wait a week but I am impatient.

I'm thinking that after I get 2-3 quick positive feedback points on my new ebay account I should be ok to sell. Although you never can tell with ebay bots.

yaw1800 02-19-2009 11:50 PM

i do that also. i have about 3 accounts that have been sitting around for about 2 months now and then i have those that i've listed on the first day (usually i only list one or two items though)

aking 02-19-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaw1800 (Post 76368)
i do that also. i have about 3 accounts that have been sitting around for about 2 months now and then i have those that i've listed on the first day (usually i only list one or two items though)

so how are the ones that you listed on the first day doing?

yaw1800 02-20-2009 02:50 PM

so far on 2 of them i have received about 3 limitations within a 2 month period..

when i ask paypal why they give me the same answer : "high risk category" .. even though i provide tracking and recieve positive feedback accordingly...

simogold 02-20-2009 03:16 PM

did you try to link them with their attached verified PayPal accounts or you just started selling without that?

yaw1800 02-20-2009 05:29 PM

i always get them verified and linked before i do anything... They werent VERO or anything.. just "high risk"

Here We Go Again 02-20-2009 06:09 PM

With "NEW" accounts that I make I wait a while...

Here is a prime example.
I just turned on my next eBay account.
It has a PP account that is verified before it gets linked.
The eBay account was born on 5-28-08.
I am just starting to use it next month.
So that is a little over 8 months old before it ever gets used.

30 days is a min. and there is no max.

As everyone here says time and time again "Let the eBay account age before use."

aking 02-20-2009 11:17 PM

Yea, I think I'm gonna work on making about 10 more accounts this weekend. I want to have at least a 5 month age time on all my accounts before I use them. Until then, I'll just randomly search around and maybe buy 1 or 2 things.

maximumrock 02-20-2009 11:26 PM

ohh, ok. i just made a thread in the suspension section if anyone wants to read..

this thread was pretty informative......I do have an ebay account has never been used thats about a year old. With no paypal or anything linked to it.. I made a new account this afternoon and listed something tonight...with a diff name and address on ebay account but used same paypal account but added a new email address to paypal.....if anyone has any tips. i am all ears! thanks!

GreenBean 02-21-2009 12:17 AM

Rock, are you saying that you have an old account never used? 'Cos that will be a great back
up account for you to use. When it is time to use it, we will make sure to 'walk' you through
having it ready to go. (Credit/debit card & new paypal account,phone etc)

maximumrock 02-21-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 76513)
Rock, are you saying that you have an old account never used? 'Cos that will be a great back
up account for you to use. When it is time to use it, we will make sure to 'walk' you through
having it ready to go. (Credit/debit card & new paypal account,phone etc)

Yes.. I created it a year ago... but i have never used the account to sell before..

I am open to suggestions though.....should i terminate my current auction and use this other one?

thx for the reply!

GreenBean 02-21-2009 12:47 AM

Nah, let that current one run its course (the one with a listing).

aking 02-22-2009 10:36 PM

ok, so does anyone else list a few days after the account is created?

Here We Go Again 02-22-2009 11:48 PM

^^^^^^^^
never

fingerblast 08-18-2011 09:25 AM

When making new selling accounts what does everyone do? Do you just confirm with credit card initially and then add a checking account when you want to sell, or do you automatically open checking accounts for all your selling accounts? Also, do you automatically open a business paypal account or start with a personal and then upgrade? Tips?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 76365)
i think i am going to make like 5 accounts and let 4 of them age for the 30 days. I'll take my chances with the one, Im just selling random items around my home so I dont think there will be a problem. I did take a few days and do some searches and play around with some things on the site (like a new member would). I may wait a week but I am impatient.

I'm thinking that after I get 2-3 quick positive feedback points on my new ebay account I should be ok to sell. Although you never can tell with ebay bots.

rsot 08-18-2011 10:12 AM

I always aim for verified pa yp al before so some kind of bank account has been used. Sometimes i'll link it with eb for selling - sometimes just toss a gift card.

fingerblast 08-24-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 260456)
I always aim for verified pa yp al before so some kind of bank account has been used. Sometimes i'll link it with eb for selling - sometimes just toss a gift card.

So you wait to add a bank account until it is necessary to?

HurricaneHuntr 08-24-2011 03:35 PM

Some get away unverrified. I verify. I have good partnerships with my banks so no problems making new. I have great credit. And I make my own vcc. So accounts cost me pennies.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

rsot 08-24-2011 04:25 PM

@Fingerblast, if needbe I use the VBA services to get the pp verified before I go in for sales.

@Moscutter, you make your own vcc? Care to PM with some tip?

mississippighost 08-24-2011 05:37 PM

I think it definitely has to do with WHAT you are selling. This past week I have tried. I have had 3 accounts open less than 2 weeks. First account I listed a DSL modem. I had a couple of buying feedback. No feedback left yet on that sale and I listed a couple of more items...that account is still up and going as of now...(knock on wood). Also on this account the first payment was not held, although it was under 20 bucks. But the next one is in the 21 day period. Another account with 0 feedback, I listed a toy, still going...no restrictions yet.... And then there was the other that I listed an iPod touch 2G that I listed parts or repair....and within minutes that account was restricted. I, too, verify paypal before even beginning to sell...I have even tried different methods to try to see what the trick is to get selling limits good from right off...still haven't figured that one out...