eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Would these be considered high risk items? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/96594-would-these-considered-high-risk-items.html)

Notnewhere 05-22-2016 12:57 PM

Would these be considered high risk items?

New PS4/Xbox games - £30 - £40
Lego toys - £50 - £100

Papa bless

phaz0rz 05-22-2016 01:16 PM

Re: Would these be considered high risk items?

Yes, both are high risk because they are name-brand. The first is even more so because they're commonly counterfeited.

stressed08 05-22-2016 01:25 PM

Crazy how many things are high risk... Would never suspect those were high risk. Basically have to stick to books, kitchen, and garage items it seems?

Dmshark25 05-22-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stressed08 (Post 773631)
Crazy how many things are high risk... Would never suspect those were high risk. Basically have to stick to books, kitchen, and garage items it seems?

Any big brand name will be high risk when you start selling new items in quantity.

If you sell 1 or 2 items it may be OK but when u have multiple sales ongoing for the same new items than u will be questioned about your supplier and the rights to the items

stressed08 05-22-2016 02:13 PM

Is that the only risk, having to deal with calling customer service?? If so high risk items are of less concern to someone with actual receipts and matching account info?

247buy 05-22-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 773639)
Any big brand name will be high risk when you start selling new items in quantity.

If you sell 1 or 2 items it may be OK but when u have multiple sales ongoing for the same new items than u will be questioned about your supplier and the rights to the items

What do you do if questioning about the supplier for big brand products?

Payelectronica 05-23-2016 12:05 AM

Can we agree that selling on eBay period is high risk and that's why we stealth, diversify and back up to protect ourselves from these high risk?

Play 05-23-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payelectronica (Post 773747)
Can we agree that selling on eBay period is high risk and that's why we stealth, diversify and back up to protect ourselves from these high risk?

Disagree. Most things dont pose any risk whatsoever. Its just the mindset we have, we look around the house, selecting the most valuable items - these tend to be high risk.

If you want to eventually sell games consoles, start with their accessories, such as control pad holders, cables etc. - low risk.

If you want to sell phones, start with screen protectors and cases - low risk.

You just need to play smart.

Notnewhere 05-23-2016 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 773751)
Disagree. Most things dont pose any risk whatsoever. Its just the mindset we have, we look around the house, selecting the most valuable items - these tend to be high risk.

If you want to eventually sell games consoles, start with their accessories, such as control pad holders, cables etc. - low risk.

Thats what i'm doing, selling the games first.

Thanks everyone for their input, really helps with the decision making!

Play 05-23-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notnewhere (Post 773799)

You got the concept of what im trying to say. But the games themselves would still be deemed high risk. Especially if your listing them as 'new'.

Start out with accessories, build yourself into games, then the consoles.

Any other route will risk suspension.

GreenBean 05-23-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notnewhere (Post 773799)

Then you gpt the wrong message.

The games you listed are the LAST items you should list to start off in stealth.

ebay UK can react badly to these items being listed as well.

:juggle:

Payelectronica 05-23-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 773751)

I say it's a risk because plenty of people, myself included have had accounts shut down for no real reason at all. You can play by the rules all you want but there is still a risk of losing your account. Even if the risk is a significantly smaller one. You say people tend to sell high RISK items then advised OP to sell low RISK items.
Both pose a RISK which is what I was saying in the first place.

Play 05-23-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payelectronica (Post 773804)
I say it's a risk because plenty of people, myself included have had accounts shut down for no real reason at all. You can play by the rules all you want but there is still a risk of losing your account. Even if the risk is a significantly smaller one. You say people tend to sell high RISK items then advised OP to sell low RISK items.
Both pose a RISK which is what I was saying in the first place.

You've got it misconstrued.

Selling any form of risky item, be it high or low, CAN work.

Its just a matter of how you plan your approach.

nodeal 05-23-2016 11:02 AM

Video games are high risk, so are consoles. If you want to sell in that field, I'd build with some cheap dollar store items for some positive selling feedback. Then I'd move to generic video games accessories (not name brand). Then I'd start sprinkling in some of the higher risk items you mentioned, slowly of course.

nnah 05-27-2016 06:55 PM

yes very high risk item be wary

Nassr 05-28-2016 09:04 PM

Two years ago, I created a UK ebay account and started selling very high risk items and it worked very well with no problem .
It is just a matter of luck.
Some people may get suspended and some not