How eBay gave me a PRE 11-07 account for free :) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Talking How eBay gave me a PRE 11-07 account for free :)

Hello everyone, this is my very first post and it is a good one.

All ebay user names & ebay rep names have been changed to protect the innocent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I came accross one of my very old ebay accounts by looking at feedback from other older accounts that were suspended. After painstakingly going through every single feedback, I found 4 accounts from 2000 and 2003 that I had no clue what information I had used when I made the accounts.

Completely forgot their contact information, passwords, phone numbers, addresses and even the registered names!

I proceeded to write down the accounts that were not naru'd and then to "forgot password link" on ebay itself.

After trying everything I could vaguely remember with no luck to have the system reset the password, I went and tried the alternate method which places a call to the phone number in file which I do not remember either but it gave me the last 4 digits of the phone number.

With this information in hand I went to live help and the first rep transferred me to "account security" because NONE of the information I gave them matched.

This is the actual conversation that followed and they gave me a new password for this OLD account

SystemSystem
Initial Question/Comment: Password/Sign-In
PM SystemSystem
Thank you for contacting eBay Account Security Live Help! Your feedback is important to us. Please take time at the end of this chat to fill out a brief survey letting us know how we did today.
SystemSystem
Ebay Rep. has joined this session!
SystemSystem
Connected with Ebay Rep.
Ebay Rep.
Hello and thank you for contacting Account Security Live Help, my name is Ebay Rep. Please allow me some time to review your previous chat. I’ll be with you shortly.
PM Customer
ok
PM Ebay Rep.
The address you have here is 1_8 C___ De_R__C__cleBr__xN_10___
Customer
looks familiar, from a long time ago i think the mailing number was 118
PM Customer
let me see if i find any CC statements with that address
PM Customer
i no longer have those old credit card statements
PM Customer
what do i do now?
PM Ebay Rep.
Thanks for waiting. May we call you at 816-526-9635 that we have on file?
PM Customer
there is an item on ebay that i wish to purchase and i think im going to miss the deadline :(
PM Customer
i no longer have that phone
PM Ebay Rep.
To protect your account security I need to ask you a question only you can answer. This is to ensure you are the true account owner.
PM Customer
sure
PM Ebay Rep.
Based on your driver license information, are you required to wear corrective lenses?
Yes
No
PM Customer
yes
PM Customer
contacts now, had glasses before
PM Ebay Rep.
Which is a prior street name of yours?
A bunch of random addresses here
None of the above
Customer
none
PM Ebay Rep.
Which of the following cities have you lived in?
A bunch of random cities here
None of the above
PM Customer
none
PM Ebay Rep.
Thank you for verifying yourself.
PM Ebay Rep.
Your account has been secured and is now active. I have now sent you a temporary password. Could you confirm that you have received the email?
PM Customer
youre welcome
PM Ebay Rep.
Please notify me if you received the passworD?
PM Customer
going to aol now
PM Customer
not yet
PM Customer
no email received, you are sending it to **********@aol.com
PM Customer
correct?
PM Customer
hello?
PM Ebay Rep.
Please make sure that your spam is turned off.
PM Ebay Rep.
And eBay.com is not listed on your blocked address list.
PM Customer
*********@aol.com
PM Customer
is my email address and i have nothing on the spam folder either
PM Customer
can you please resend it again?
PM Ebay Rep.
No problem, one moment please while I send it again.
PM Customer
thank you
PM Ebay Rep.
No problem. I have now sent you a temporary password. Could you confirm that you have received the email?
PM Ebay Rep.
Please give it a few minutes.
PM Customer
not here yet waiting for a few minutes
PM Customer
it is not here :(
PM Customer
*******3@aol.com please notice the number 3 after *******@aol.com , make sure it is being sent correctly
PM Ebay Rep.
One moment please.
PM Ebay Rep.
One moment please while I give you a password over chat.
PM Customer
thank you! what do i have to do after ? update my information?
PM Ebay Rep.
Please sign in now using the password "****." Then, immediately go to your My eBay page. On the left hand side will be a link called Personal Information. Please click that, then click the Edit link next to Password. Sign in again using "****". Use "****" one last time for the Old Password, then enter your new password twice. When you're done, you should get a confirmation that your changes have been saved.
PM Customer
it logged in but it says that it needs to place a phone call to the phone number i no longer have
PM Ebay Rep.
Because your account has been inactive for your security, we placed a temporary block on your account. Now that I have verified your identity I've removed the block and you'll be able to use your account to buy and Sell.
PM Customer
what do i do now?
PM Ebay Rep.
Pleas try to log back and it will push through.
PM Customer
it went through
PM Ebay Rep.
Great!
PM Customer
now just update my information?
PM Ebay Rep.
You can do this by clicking “My eBay” at the top of most eBay pages, and then clicking “Addresses” on the left side of the next page.
PM Customer
thanks!!

Then I proceeded to update my information & that's that.

Now, I wonder if this account is linked to any of my previous Narud accounts because of IP address?

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 100%

Well that's good... I hope you cleared cookies, flash objects and changed your IP Address before accessing the account.

Other then that, the account is good to go.. and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 02-21-2009
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%

Yes, I cleared everything before accessing the account. Guess what? I just tried it again for another account and the conversation with the agent was completely different and no luck.

Will try again tomorrow.

Do you know if my merchant account can be used in the cell phone category?