eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer asking me to cancel unpaid item case? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/97153-buyer-asking-me-cancel-unpaid-item-case.html)

Retailer77 06-12-2016 12:27 PM

Buyer asking me to cancel unpaid item case?

eBay unpaid item case

I have an unpaid item case open with a buyer and they asking me to cancel the unpaid item case...message reads as follow:
"Can you please cancel this unpaid item request".

Can sellers even cancel an unpaid item case?
Would it be smart for me to do so?

phaz0rz 06-12-2016 12:33 PM

Re: Buyer asking me to cancel unpaid item case?

Yes, you can close the unpaid item case easily by clicking the dropdown menu for the transaction.

As long as you've been credited back the fees already, closing the case won't have any impact.

For some reason though, you aren't able to cancel an order once Unpaid item assistant has opened a case.

Retailer77 06-12-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 779094)
Yes, you can close the unpaid item case easily by clicking the dropdown menu for the transaction.

As long as you've been credited back the fees already, closing the case won't have any impact.

For some reason though, you aren't able to cancel an order once Unpaid item assistant has opened a case.

Thnx,
how would I find out exactly if I was already credited fvf back?

Retailer77 06-12-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 779094)

Would'nt it be smarter to let the case sit until closed though?
if the buyer denies my cancellation request I have no fvf and they can leave a neg correct?

phaz0rz 06-12-2016 01:22 PM

Click the account tab, then under "account summary" you will see links for "credits" and "payments". If you click "credits" it shows you all the FVF's you've been refunded for cancelled orders, returns, etc.

Don't quote me on this one, but my interpretation of the policy (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html) <<Ebay link
is you get the FVF fees back when the unpaid item case is closed, either automatically or by the seller.

I do know that cancellation requests aren't sent for closing an unpaid item case like they are for cancelling an order. You just click "close case" and it's closed.

Retailer77 06-12-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 779103)
Click the account tab, then under "account summary" you will see links for "credits" and "payments". If you click "credits" it shows you all the FVF's you've been refunded for cancelled orders, returns, etc.

Don't quote me on this one, but my interpretation of the policy (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html) <<Ebay link
is you get the FVF fees back when the unpaid item case is closed, either automatically or by the seller.

I do know that cancellation requests aren't sent for closing an unpaid item case like they are for cancelling an order. You just click "close case" and it's closed.

If my fees were already credit back would you recommend closing the unpaid case though?
Doesn't that leave me open to neg feedback?

Whereas if I let it wait and i win the unpaid case, they can't leave a neg?

Retailer77 06-12-2016 02:15 PM

I guess if I got the FVF credit already I'll cancel unpaid case but if I didnt yet I'll keep the case open?
Seems like this is my best option

slokor 06-12-2016 02:18 PM

You do not get the credit without them closing the case in your favor.
And if the guy wants the case closed he can make payment.
And yes if you close the case not only do you NOT get your FVF credited you also leave yourself open to a negative feedback.
All around a bad idea to close that case. I wouldnt do it.

Retailer77 06-12-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 779116)
You do not get the credit without them closing the case in your favor.
And if the guy wants the case closed he can make payment.
And yes if you close the case not only do you NOT get your FVF credited you also leave yourself open to a negative feedback.
All around a bad idea to close that case. I wouldnt do it.

Thank you, I'll keep the case open.

phaz0rz 06-12-2016 03:09 PM

I just reviewed Ebay's policy and I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate :/

There's a limited time during which you can close a case and get a credit for certain fees.
  • If the buyer pays using an approved electronic payment method (PayPal or credit card), we close the case automatically. If the buyer uses another payment method, go to My eBay or Seller Hub and mark the item as paid.
  • If the buyer doesn't pay, you need to manually close the case in the Resolution Center within 36 days after the listing ended, in order to receive a final value fee credit.
  • If you haven't closed the case on the 37th day after the listing ended, we automatically close it and you won't receive a final value fee credit. Also, we won't record an unpaid item in the buyer's account.

Unpaid item assistant automatically closes cases for you after a few days. But you would still get your fees back if you close the case manually.

Unpaid cases are not closed in anyone's favor.

phaz0rz 06-12-2016 03:17 PM

This is also relevant: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpa...assistant.html

How Unpaid Item Assistant affects Feedback

If you're using Unpaid Item Assistant, Feedback from buyers who haven't paid is blocked automatically. As soon as Unpaid Item Assistant opens a case, the buyer won't be able to leave Feedback for your transaction until the case is closed and you've received payment.
If a buyer doesn't pay, we record an unpaid item in their account, and any Feedback left for your transaction before the case was opened is removed. If the buyer hasn't left Feedback yet, they won't be able to once the unpaid item is recorded on their account.