eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Restricted Ebay Account MC011 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/97749-restricted-ebay-account-mc011.html)

mafo 07-07-2016 03:52 PM

Restricted Ebay Account MC011

Hello, I'm new to the forums and had a question about my eBay account.

To start off, I have two eBay accounts. An older one that I do not use anymore because it has terrible feedback and one that is about a year old (my brother made it and said I could have it) that I just started selling on a couple months ago. Everything was going smooth with no problems. Yesterday they were linked and restricted. (I believe they were restricted because of the increase in selling activity - my selling activity doubled in a month). eBay is asking if I own both, which I do. I received an email from Ebay telling me to upload documents such as divers license, credit card statement, and invoices of items - which I have done.

My question to anyone who has experienced this, what is likely to happen to my account? In most cases do they get reopened?

The account is decent and I would like to keep it but obviously if they usually get closed in cases like this I need to go shopping for a stealth account.

I'm sure this forum gets questions like these all the time so apologize in advance, just looking for advice/help. Thanks.

jeanbean0109 07-07-2016 08:12 PM

Re: Restricted Ebay Account MC011

Ya screwed.....u just admitted to have two selling accounts which is against their tos. So ya basically **** out of luck. You should have kept them seperate and seperate ips, yada yada....stealth....they most likely will both be closed now.

mafo 07-07-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 (Post 784796)
Ya screwed.....u just admitted to have two selling accounts which is against their tos. So ya basically **** out of luck. You should have kept them seperate and seperate ips, yada yada....stealth....they most likely will both be closed now.

Actually eBay allows you to have more than one account as long as you are not doing so to avoid limits. I stated I only used the one account so I was not avoiding limits. Thank for the reply though.

MM78 07-07-2016 09:01 PM

All you can really do is call ebay until you get a rep that is sympathetic to your story. There have been success stories but usually it requires a lot of calling and a lot of begging. Also, If I were you...you should either learn to make stealths and/or learn stealth rules so you don't get linked again. Waiting by the phone hoping ebay calls you is a waste of valuable time, and time is money.

rsot 07-07-2016 09:57 PM

Welcome to the forums mafo - stealth exists so that you can create new UNLINKED accounts and build them. You can try to get some sympathy as MM78 stated but start applying stealth right away and get backups going

mafo 07-07-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 784800)
All you can really do is call ebay until you get a rep that is sympathetic to your story. There have been success stories but usually it requires a lot of calling and a lot of begging. Also, If I were you...you should either learn to make stealths and/or learn stealth rules so you don't get linked again. Waiting by the phone hoping ebay calls you is a waste of valuable time, and time is money.

Thanks for the advice. I mean I don't think I did anything wrong (?) so hopefully it will be all good. Ill be sure to call if they do close it. Going to open up a stealth this weekend, hopefully it goes as planned.

mafo 07-07-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 784811)
Welcome to the forums mafo - stealth exists so that you can create new UNLINKED accounts and build them. You can try to get some sympathy as MM78 stated but start applying stealth right away and get backups going

Thank you! Side question for you: how long does it take to build up a stealth account so that I can use up my selling limits without worry?

jeanbean0109 07-08-2016 01:17 AM

Not to be a smart ass, but I been on ebay since 2005. Ebay does not allow multiple selling accounts period unless one is personal and one is business. Two personal accounts is instant ban. Two another combo to the flavor, you can have one buying account only and one selling account only. But I think they stopped that as that was just to circumvent bad feedback as a buyer affecting your selling. And since you cant leave negs for buyers....whats the point of having a buying and selling account?

Do you want to save yaself? Make one a business account with a llc and the other personal. Otherwise.....ya sol as I said!

spindoctor 07-08-2016 03:05 AM

You've been selling since 2005 and you don't even know you the rules???

Yes, you can have multiple accounts, I have 1 business with 12 eBay accounts that's all linked for the past 4 years.

With those accounts, I deal with staff quite a lot, so don't know what your talking about.

Even says it on eBay..... In their rules, eBay allows multiple accounts!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 (Post 784823)
Not to be a smart ass, but I been on ebay since 2005. Ebay does not allow multiple selling accounts period unless one is personal and one is business. Two personal accounts is instant ban. Two another combo to the flavor, you can have one buying account only and one selling account only. But I think they stopped that as that was just to circumvent bad feedback as a buyer affecting your selling. And since you cant leave negs for buyers....whats the point of having a buying and selling account?

Do you want to save yaself? Make one a business account with a llc and the other personal. Otherwise.....ya sol as I said!

MM78 07-08-2016 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafo (Post 784813)
Thanks for the advice. I mean I don't think I did anything wrong (?) so hopefully it will be all good. Ill be sure to call if they do close it. Going to open up a stealth this weekend, hopefully it goes as planned.

Trust me, a lot of us still till this day have no clue wtf we did to get limited/banned. I would suggest you pick up the Ebay Stealth Guide Book if you plan to open your own stealth accounts.

just_smile 07-08-2016 04:08 AM

You have found the right place.

I would comply with ebay, try and get your accounts back. If it's a no go just go full stealth.

All the tools are on the forum to get back selling again.

Good luck

yotano211 07-08-2016 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 (Post 784823)

And I have been selling on ebay since 2010 or 09, who cares. Yes you are allowed more than 1 account. 2 personal accounts is not an instant ban like you said. You can sell things like household items on accounts A and on account B, sell Beats headphones.

Get account B instant banned for selling Beats, and not for having 2 personal accounts. Account A gets linked to account B, both account A and B get linked and banned.

Both account A and B are banned just like you said, but only for selling Beats headphones.

Now who wants to buy some Beats, I sell them CHEAP!!!
ANYONE!!!

rsot 07-08-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafo (Post 784815)
Thank you! Side question for you: how long does it take to build up a stealth account so that I can use up my selling limits without worry?

To be honest - you can never be "without worry". As time goes on, your account gets more value and selling limits can go up.

Now....a LOT depends on what you sell - risky items? Counterfeit? Knockoffs? Electronic? Risky items for example...

You start out slowly - say you have a limit of 10....you sell 10 low end stuff for the month, complete and wait for next month....keep on going...next month you can introduce some of the profitable stuff and expand...

mafo 07-08-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 784865)
To be honest - you can never be "without worry". As time goes on, your account gets more value and selling limits can go up.

Now....a LOT depends on what you sell - risky items? Counterfeit? Knockoffs? Electronic? Risky items for example...

You start out slowly - say you have a limit of 10....you sell 10 low end stuff for the month, complete and wait for next month....keep on going...next month you can introduce some of the profitable stuff and expand...

Oh I see. Well I just bought a really good account today. Ill have to get the stealth book this weekend and read up on how to manage the account properly.