Stalker - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-03-2009
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,529 Times in 2,184 Posts
Activity: 75%
Longevity: 91%
Default Stalker

So I got a stalker who BIN my stuff , emailed me to cancel 9 items, made another ID and do the same. Then just as I thought, he never paid and left random negative feedbacks. So there goes my 100% which I have fostered for 1 year.
Down to 98%

any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Make you items Instant Payment.
Old 03-03-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

How about paypal account required?
Instant payment would drive some buyers away, don't you think?

lastly, so to remove all the negs this person left.
just file for UPI and even though he responded, you think T&S would still remove the negs?

T&S already nailed one of the IDs... but not the rest funny enough...
Old 03-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Does not go both ways: either you want to get rid of the stalker or put up with the consequences. Reckon it is a competitor,yes? As HWGA said, instant payments. If you make it a paypal requirement you are opening your account to more problems, imo.
Old 03-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
How about paypal account required?
Instant payment would drive some buyers away, don't you think?
Yes it would drive away the Buy It Now Bandits.
Buyers who go around buying items with no intent of paying for them.
SaiJin (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Ok, I'll start using "immediate payment required" .

So is what's happening to me normal? Well, not sure if it's competitor, because on one of the negative-positive feedbacks I got it says my name, so this person has bought from me before.
Old 03-03-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

So with Paypal acc required, what other issues is there going to be?

Last edited by SaiJin; 03-03-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2009

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Ok, I'll start using "immediate payment required" .

So is what's happening to me normal? Well, not sure if it's competitor, because on one of the negative-positive feedbacks I got it says my name, so this person has bought from me before.
Not sure how "normal" it is.

I had a stalker who was going around bidding on items of particular music acts. They'd always be the high bidder because they'd make ridiculously high bids to ensure they won no matter what. Usually they wouldn't pay, but a couple times they did. I immediately gave them a refund knowing full well they'd claim later they never received the package and PayPal would give them a refund (I'm in the U.S. they were in the U.K., so tracking is a joke).

After a few times, I caught on. I'd watch what they were bidding on and see the pattern. After a while their account would be banned and they'd just start a new one and keep going. It wasn't hard to do a search every so often for the items they were likely to bid on and then get their new user name to add to by blocked list. Of course once eBay made all bidders "anonymous" I couldn't do that anymore.

Next I looked for U.K. bidders, with very little or no feedback, with brand new accounts that were bidding on items this person would be likely to bid on. The problem with that was I couldn't ban them until just before the auction ended. Otherwise they'd just come back with a new account. While this kept them from winning it also screwed me since people were no longer bidding on my item and pulling their bid knocked my $ down to the next highest bidder.

The person would then pm me and taunt me saying they would screw me in the end and "win". Anytime they did manage to win an auction they'd always leave negative feedback full of lies in hopes of scaring away others bidders. After they'd get suspended that feedback would drop off, but I'm sure it hurt sales while it was up.

Of course when I contacted eBay they were no help. Especially in cases where the stalker had paid me. They couldn't understand when I explained I knew they would file a claim saying they never received the package and I'd be forced to refund the money. They thought I was in the wrong for refusing to ship the item since the bidder had paid. It was VERY frustrating.

Luckily this person hasn't bothered me within the last 8-10 months.

Oh and these were all "straight" auctions, no bin's.

I agree in using the instant payment clause for bin's. In my case I always use the "must have PayPal" option and that didn't stop my malicious bidder.
Old 03-03-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Well, I'm creating a new ID anyways, but I pretty much know who is stalking me now. I just don't understand how eBay is able to suspend the first ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID so quick yet the other 3 they didn't do anything.
Old 03-04-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Ok, today this jerk responded to all my UPI saying that he contacted me to cancel the transactions. I responded back he didn't and gave him multiple UPI strikes.

What's going to happen here? he combined the negatives with positive-negatives.
You think T&S will still kick him?
Old 03-05-2009

Add him to the blocked bidder list. Just because he knows your name doesn't mean he has already bought before, you can go the view order details and see the name and address before you pay. Or he might have bought from you before, dunno.

You can also edit buyer requirements from the preferences page. Just click show, then edit, then go down the page to "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them." Set it to like 2 or something and the feedback requirement below it to like 1 maybe. This should set it so when anyone buys 2 or more items from you with a feedback of 1 or lower will be blocked from buying anything else. Since he is making new accounts, this shouldn't hurt your sales since he is making new accounts and wont have any feedback.

Last edited by JohnnyBoy; 03-05-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

hi

I think Ive got stalker too, not same scenario though, think its an ex-buyer who complained and had private feedback. Did not get a refund initially as she wouldnt return item before refund made, and I insisted and it went to paypal resolution centre, she rtnd item, partly destroyed. Small item so didnt want make a fuss and get negative, even though I thought i would get one as she was obviously mental chicken oriental (as we say in UK) so refunded, but she says I took too long, so negged in really spiteful way, and during all this and after, many auctions are being pulled, and the email looks like its not the vero owner doing it, plus it wouldnt be as not well known or worth faking(minor authentic veros, by the way), so I have proof of authenticity but really annoying and time-consuming plus I could get suspended if I play it wrong and relist, or I have to wait it out 3 mths, she might still be there.

Has anyone seen last of the mohicans - that is what I want to do to her (know grey hair that I take your seed), but any other ways to get rid of her , she doesnt sell anything that I can see AND why does ebay allow private feedback, its obvious she does this all the time!!!! Anyone pm me how to get this sorted as I am not prepared to take that risk, 'cos Im not pc literate enought to pull it off!)

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-05-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
Add him to the blocked bidder list. Just because he knows your name doesn't mean he has already bought before, you can go the view order details and see the name and address before you pay. Or he might have bought from you before, dunno.

You can also edit buyer requirements from the preferences page. Just click show, then edit, then go down the page to "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them." Set it to like 2 or something and the feedback requirement below it to like 1 maybe. This should set it so when anyone buys 2 or more items from you with a feedback of 1 or lower will be blocked from buying anything else. Since he is making new accounts, this shouldn't hurt your sales since he is making new accounts and wont have any feedback.
Hi there, thanks for the advice.
I was thinkging about that too, however, I think that if I wanna be able to catch him, let him bid on several so the UPI piles up.>?
Old 03-06-2009

I hate psyco Ebay Stalkers. I have had a few of those over the years and if they get really bad I'll dump the account and start fresh. Some ppl just have nothing to do with their lives so they like to make others hell.
Old 03-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I had one neg me on 2 accounts a few weeks ago- one of the accounts got suspended straight away, the negs got removed after they didnt pay when the 2 weeks was up. I blocked the buyer from my other accounts but got negged with another account-same person, same nonsense feedback. All 3 accounts I got strange negs with were created on Christmas day last year! weirdo
Old 03-07-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Hmm... after talking with T&S, they suspended 1, removed all negs and at the same time, suspended the rest before they had the chance to neg me. Whew...

So I put Immediate payment req from now on as adviced.

How do you think I can find the source of the stalker? AS in his real ID?
Because he mention my name in the fedback. It's got to be someone who bought before and I'm sure he's suspended too now due to linking
Old 03-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

You can request the buyers information from eBay.
They will send you the buyers registered name, address & phone number.
BUT the buyer will also receive yours....

That is not a problem with a Stealth Account.
WAS you account in question a Stealth Account?

Here is the link. It links DIRECT to eBay:
eBay Search: Find Contact Information
Old 03-07-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Hi,

Yes, it's a stealth. The original account I had with my real infos is gone...
Right, you can request that, but I believe you can only request that when you are high bidder no?

I guess my point is... how do I find out which ID bought from me in the past that is linked to these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones.
Old 03-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I guess my point is... how do I find out which ID bought from me in the past that is linked to these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones.
If they are dumb you can find this out by getting their information from eBay as I have suggested once already.

As long as a person has made a purchase from you, you can get their info.
All you need is the eBay User ID and eBay Item Number.
Old 03-07-2009

I think you're missing what they're saying. The person is looking for an easy way to pick the person out a group of previous buyers. Your way would have them looking up the info for every one of their sales until they found info that matched (and in the process eBay would be contacting each person with their info as well).

Instead of requesting the info through eBay I would look through old PayPal transactions (if that's how they paid), search old e-mails (if you kept them) or by clicking on the "view order details" option for each of your sold items (although you're limited to going back no further than 60 days).

Of course if they used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info for all of the accounts that are harassing you now, you'll never find them.

Good luck with your search.
Old 03-07-2009
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Yes, that's what I meant, Foster. Thanks.

Hmm or... go to paypal for the past 30 days buyers and see which ones are suspended.
Because it seems that this person's IDs got linked together, since one got suspended one day then the rest the next day.
Old 03-07-2009

Longevity: 89%

I have stalkers as well. I notice it with messages certain messages I get alarm me. I now always check the messagers profile and feedback before I answer I know it takes time but by doin this I can see feedback they left yes but more importantly what they buy and sell. I have had people who sell exactly what I do message me with questions just hoping to get me to answer with incorrect measurements to report me..It is a game we play..