eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Moving States, address change questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/98545-moving-states-address-change-questions.html)

bornlazy 08-09-2016 08:32 PM

Moving States, address change questions

I have a stealth account registered down south, and I will be moving up north in the US, multiple states away.
My question is, what should I do about the address linked to ebay and paypal?
I have searched quite a bit and haven't found much about moving to a different state, mostly people looking to put a new return address.
Will it raise red flags using a IP address in a new state and having the registered address in the old state?
What about using a VPN from the original state, but then I would still be shipping from the new state?

rsot 08-09-2016 09:20 PM

Re: Moving States, address change questions

I have US eb/pp accounts that routinely use IP from different states without problem.

e.g. An account based in TX uses California IP and an account based in WA uses New york IP...no issues - same country IP has not been a red flag for me

jackdanielsbtch 08-10-2016 10:13 PM

IP is very minor. a lot of cell phones will use different ips.

cookies is bigger deal

bornlazy 08-11-2016 10:05 AM

So even with the IP going to be in MI instead of FL, it wont be a problem logging in everyday? I'll still be using the same computer so the cookies will be there.
Also what about the tracking showing I shipped from MI instead of FL?

eulaclarke86 08-14-2016 12:58 PM

Nope, won't matter. Just make sure you are indicating a similar "shipped from" zip code in the EB when preparing the shipping label so you are paying postage from the correct departure point of the item.

I add my correct shipping address to the label after it's PDF printed, removing the stealth addy. That way if an item cant be delivered it is not lost.

bornlazy 08-15-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eulaclarke86 (Post 792609)
Nope, won't matter. Just make sure you are indicating a similar "shipped from" zip code in the EB when preparing the shipping label so you are paying postage from the correct departure point of the item.

I add my correct shipping address to the label after it's PDF printed, removing the stealth addy. That way if an item cant be delivered it is not lost.

Ok so change the zip in the "shipped from" on the print label page got it.
and by changing the address in the PDF, do you mean don't print it right from ebay shipping, instead save it and change the return address to your actual address? That won't help with returns tho right since the address isn't on ebay, just in case it can't be delivered to the address?
Thanks for the reply