Questions about Paypal Limits, Withdrawl Habits, Personal vs Business account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Questions about Paypal Limits, Withdrawl Habits, Personal vs Business account

Let me preface this by saying that if I ever get limited by Paypal, I'll never be able to lift the limit since the items I sell are against Ebay's rules (and they ask for item information don't they?). I've never been suspended on ebay nor on paypal and these are my actual (not stealth) accounts.

For this reason, I'd like to learn as much as there is to know about avoiding getting limited on paypal, and the differences in those rules between Personal and Business account.

Here are a few things I read from various sources, you can confirm or refute:

1. Money moving too fast (whether it's inwards, or outwards). To stay clear of this, let your money sit in paypal for 2-3 days before withdrawing.

2. Getting too much money. I read on a newer account each transaction you receive should be less than $100 and your overall PayPal balance should never exceed $500 (larger amounts for older accounts, but a good rule of thumb to follow in general). Spread your money through different accounts.

3. Withdrawing exact amount of balance. Try to leave a small amount in paypal always.

4. 200 Transactions and $20000 per year true?

So, my questions regarding these rules are:

1. Are these rules true - Will I never get limited if I follow them always?
2. Are there more rules that I should know about?

Topic 2, which is the difference in rules between Personal Paypal account and Business Paypal account. Paypal allows you to have 1 of each (at the moment I only have personal). And from what I read, business paypal accounts are supposedly accounts where paypal expects you to be seeing more transactions than normal accounts.

1. Does this mean a business paypal account is better for sellers and harder to get limited on (will I be allowed more transactions/money per year without triggering an investigation that could be triggered on a high traffic personal account)?

2. Can I make a business account to spread the money or are the 200-20000 limits linked between a Personal and a Business account for the same person?

Last but not least: I read that they limit if your account habits suddenly change. Let's say for example, I have a 2 year old personal account that I was previously only buying on. Last month I started selling 10 items per month, usually within a week. Say that my business takes off next month, and I manage to sell 10 items within a day, and then another 10 the next day. Would this be grounds for getting limited?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: It looks like I probably posted this in the wrong discussion forum. If admins agree please message me before deleting the thread so I can post it to the appropriate forum.

Last edited by omonoiatis9; 08-22-2016 at 08:15 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: Questions about Paypal Limits, Withdrawl Habits, Personal vs Business account

Hmm, no on those rules.

Each account is different.

Some can take more than other accounts and it's always changing based on a number of different variables PayPal uses to measure an account.

Some accounts you can take in 10k, 20k or more per day without trouble.

Other accounts if you hit 1k in a day and your account is used to seeing $200 a day.. that's a red flag to PayPal and you could be limited.

There are no hard / fast rules to follow.

I would suggest reading eBay Stealth. It's a good starting point and will teach you a lot of what you should and shouldn't do with your accounts.