eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   my dsl modem took a crap company had to change routers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/99046-my-dsl-modem-took-crap-company-had-change-routers.html)

bluegrass1 08-28-2016 09:57 PM

my dsl modem took a crap company had to change routers

Last modem stopped working so they had to replace with a new one . I had been using firefox for a couple months without problems , Now with the new modem when i log into eb and tried to revise a listing triggered the make sure its you we want to call or text you. i had to "find" the phone linked to that account so i just closed the window .. later on I log in using my old device it unlocked it to revise listing .. Then few hours later with phone in hand i logged in using new laptop and i get the call us . NOT the lets us text/call to verify its you .. I need to figure out how to make this function on my new laptop , I did unlock it with the old Computer but it has charging issues and trying to get all accounts working on the new puter.. if i use old computer to unlock and wait a couple days think that would reset it ? i got lots of listings going so hate to end them all butttt......:help:

Play 08-28-2016 10:06 PM

Re: my dsl modem took a crap company had to change routers

If I gathered correctly - its not necessarily your change in modem/router, but rather the fact your trying to access your accounts from a completely different computer that doesn't have any cookies/data for your accounts stored on the new device.

It's just a security precaution. Best thing I would say is try to transfer this data onto your new computer.

I usually use Virtual Machines, so the process is a breeze. If your using user accounts, which I assume you are, then a quick search of the forums should help you. (I think its called a cookie transplant, or something weird like that).

bluegrass1 08-28-2016 10:34 PM

i have been using new computer for couple months i started it using google browser then i decided to try to get everything portable so i downloaded firefox . Used FF on new computer for over a month no problems had full access withdrawing revising could do anything .. then the cable co had to swap out modems which triggered this .. I still have the org. computer that account was created on using google's browser to unlock by logging in ..

Update . . . On new computer instead of using firefox portable i changed ip's and logged in using google chrome it unlocked and let me list again . so problem fixed using new computer ,BUT google chrome isnt portable . i even tried downloading a new copy of FF still got the call us request...

Play 08-29-2016 01:27 AM

You can get Google Chrome portable from the same website that does Firefox portable. But you need to disable flash on chrome. I dont use portable chrome so maybe someone else can assist you there.

bluegrass1 08-29-2016 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 795935)
You can get Google Chrome portable from the same website that does Firefox portable. But you need to disable flash on chrome. I dont use portable chrome so maybe someone else can assist you there.

Gr8 didnt know of such .. disable flash ?? anyone ?? is it safe to use or ??

Thx play :)