eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   write a letter to the ebay ceo to get your account back? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/9940-write-letter-ebay-ceo-get-your-account-back.html)

bobg 03-12-2009 03:34 PM

write a letter to the ebay ceo to get your account back?

so this dude tells me that about a year ago he gets his account suspended. so he wrote some long letter explaining everything, and how it was unfair..blah blah. And mailed it to the ebay ceo..or one of the higher ups. And he tells me that sure enough they ended up re-instating him after some indefinite suspension. I heard the idea, thought it was a joke. Like ebay really wastes their time with that. Then the other day im watching, dateline.. i think.. And they have this guy talking about how he writes letters to head honchos all the time (for others..i think he has a book on it) and usually gets a response..a positive one. They even had a panel of like 5 people, and he tried to help them out...people who had been screwed over..one guy had an issue with his a/c, another a bed. Anyway, after they sent in letters, most of them finally got what they wanted. Took some time but it did work. So im thinking that maybe the idea isnt all that nuts after all. Turns out that the assistants who read the letters usually do try to do something to help you. Has anyone tried something similar?

ebay 03-12-2009 03:43 PM

where are you going to get the ebay ceo's address :grin:
they don't even give you a telephone number

highwhey 03-12-2009 03:47 PM

It's eBay. nuff said.

bobg 03-12-2009 03:48 PM

i asked the guy who told me about it, he said it was a while ago and didnt have it anymore. but i beleive him. So yeah, getting the address would be an issue.

ebay 03-12-2009 03:52 PM

the truth is there is no point crying over ebay accounts that have been suspended
i know it take hard work building up feedbacks

but your just gonna have to start again

and make more ebay accounts so you have other accounts to fall back on

yaw1800 03-12-2009 04:30 PM

if Aspkin sat around and just listened to everyone saying there's no way to get back on ebay, we probably wouldnt have this forum.......

Take your time and search around, who knows, you may be one of those lucky people who gets their account reinstated..

BooMer 03-12-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobg (Post 78754)
so this dude tells me that about a year ago he gets his account suspended. so he wrote some long letter explaining everything, and how it was unfair..blah blah. And mailed it to the ebay ceo..or one of the higher ups. And he tells me that sure enough they ended up re-instating him after some indefinite suspension. I heard the idea, thought it was a joke. Like ebay really wastes their time with that. Then the other day im watching, dateline.. i think.. And they have this guy talking about how he writes letters to head honchos all the time (for others..i think he has a book on it) and usually gets a response..a positive one. They even had a panel of like 5 people, and he tried to help them out...people who had been screwed over..one guy had an issue with his a/c, another a bed. Anyway, after they sent in letters, most of them finally got what they wanted. Took some time but it did work. So im thinking that maybe the idea isnt all that nuts after all. Turns out that the assistants who read the letters usually do try to do something to help you. Has anyone tried something similar?

I watch that episode too and it doesn't apply to Ebay. Do you personally know that guy who got reinstated? We have to know the whole story as it might be something else like paying for his fees to get the account reinstated and the letter had nothing to do with it.

The reason I say it doesn't apply to ebay is because we are not talking about Physical items. Those people on dateline purchased a physical item from a brand name company and they wrote directly to that company. Ebay only provides a service and can change their policy anytime to better them and not the end user.

I doubt that a letter to Ebay will do anything. They know they ticked off a lot of people for stupid reasons. They probably have it go to their Junk Mail section. The only time they will act on a letter is when it is sent certified from a law office. Other than that the letter you write is like writing to Santa Claus for a present you want. It all goes to a pile along with the letter to GOD where it will get recycled.

Don't waste your time!

BooMer

BooMer

GreenBean 03-12-2009 05:18 PM

Here on the forum, there are powersellers that have their accounts suspended. They have taken the time to go the way the OP suggested. How many of them got re-instated? NOT ONE.** There have been replies by three users who I consider know heaps about ebay & its ways. Heed their advice.
Put effort and energy into moving forward.

**I know one very well.;)

siashay 03-12-2009 07:13 PM

Got Ceo's email address for you. It's ....sh*thead@ebay.com sorry it should be meg4prez@ebay.com LOL

I guess it doesn't hurt to try but don't hold your breath.

foster 03-12-2009 08:09 PM

Burst 03-12-2009 09:17 PM

Burning 03-12-2009 09:56 PM

It wil be funny if someone actually email all of these email.

topazcorp 03-12-2009 11:55 PM

You could also send ebay's ceo an envelope with a return address looking like this: NSA - Department of internet fraud, 123 The Street, Washington DC...

I guess he would probably open it:D

gibsonton 03-13-2009 07:09 AM

Can the new CEO read?

nobody999 03-14-2009 03:18 PM

maybe these?

eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125

exec.relations@ebay.com (eBay Executive Relations)

matthewb@ebay.com ( Matthew J. Bannick, President, eBay International)

government_relations@ebay.com (eBay Government Relations Department)

billcobb@ebay.com (President, eBay North America)

paypal.robert@ebay.de

paypal.nico@ebay.de

paypal.eva@ebay.de

paypaldamon@ebay.com

Jonas 03-20-2009 09:51 PM

bobg, you know the current eBay CEO is Jon Donahoe right? He's the reason you were suspended.

oompaloompa 03-23-2009 11:58 AM

please tell me you are joking..

you could write it in crayon he might feel sorry for you

unless you enclose some extremely sexy pics of yourself, not worth the stamp..

floggingadeadhorse@ebay.com

me-so-sorry@ebay.com

JamesYaBaoy 03-23-2009 12:20 PM

This is how he looks after he suspends your account

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hn_Donahoe.JPG

The_Cynic 03-23-2009 01:11 PM

Thank you for this thread. This is really a good idea.

I know for a fact that paypal will reverse their decisions when they get bad publicity and get called on it in the media.

You could also try to contact the ebay ebay blogger ebayink.

For this to really work you should blog about the problem and try to contact the media, reference that in your letter, So can see the harm to their rep if they ignore you.

You could find out the next time donohoe will be on a show that takes questions. Put him on the spot !

Just might work.

Cheers!

JamesYaBaoy 03-24-2009 07:54 PM

I remeber reading some guys log about how he got his account limited and how they emailed him and said they read his blog and unlimited his account

bobg 03-31-2009 10:00 AM

so i read some of yer replies, and while i didnt write in a letter, it did motivate me to not give up on an account that i worked so hard for. So i decided to try again and send them a long story of how they are in the wrong for kicking me off. ive sent them 3 emails. 2 in the 1st mnth of the suspension. And now this. this is 10 months from my suspension..they adgreed to let me back. So to all those who think you wont ever get back, your wrong. I went from indefinite, to being back on. Luckily i didnt need to mail a letter since i didnt have the address anyway. And the guy who im talking about got kicked off because he sold digital goods, lots of them, and was eventually booted off after many repeat offenses when the new digital rule came into play. No, im not making this up, i got a reply from my original email to them, and them some ebay reinstatement email.