eBay Concierge? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default eBay Concierge?

Anyone heard of this yet? I just got an invitation to join on one of my accounts. Ebay says the program is launching in October and will help select sellers have a more direct relationship with Ebay, which obviously is supposed to be beneficial for business. The only catch is this:

"Simply confirm your information and get ready to enjoy this new
experience. Look for more details in the coming weeks!"

Then there's a link to "confirm my info." This is a business account which was registered with stealth info. So, business info is correct but personal info is not. I'm thinking for this reason it wouldn't be safe to try this. Does anyone else think differently? Has anyone else seen this yet?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Re: eBay Concierge?

Never heard of it, must be a US thing.
Old 10-11-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I guess nobody else got the invite. I've been researching for the past few weeks and it looks like this is Ebay's replacement to the "Top Seller Account Manager" program, which basically means you will have a dedicated rep watching over your account to help keep it in good standing.

In case anyone else is ever curious about the program, it does seem to work with stealth business accounts. I finally got brave enough to click "confirm my info" and they just wanted to verify my email and phone number again.
Old 10-11-2016

Longevity: 79%

I know a very big seller. I believe that's what she did. And she told me, that they look at her account VERY heavily because she's attached to this crap. She has been trying to sell something, that keeps getting deleted, yet other sellers have been selling forever. Her rep told her it's because she is connected to him. And her rep told her that " yeah, if you disconnect from me, they would let you get away with a lot more"
Old 10-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Longevity: 76%

that sounds like some silly he said she said nonsense james
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
yankee (10-12-2016)
Old 10-11-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
that sounds like some silly he said she said nonsense james
Agreed, sounds like total nonsense to me. They aren't going to stop me from making them more money without a very good reason.
Old 10-12-2016

Seriously? Her rep straight up told her this to be the case. What reasons do you have, to doubt the validity of it? I guess you have no reason to trust ME. But I sure as hell trust her, as she is heavily connected with ebay. But hey, do with the info what you want.

You came here to ask about something you've never even heard of. And the second I give you a response, my information about this thing YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF sounds like total nonsense to you. That sounds like a a completely logical course of mental action to me.
Old 10-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Seriously? Her rep straight up told her this to be the case. What reasons do you have, to doubt the validity of it? I guess you have no reason to trust ME. But I sure as hell trust her, as she is heavily connected with ebay. But hey, do with the info what you want.

You came here to ask about something you've never even heard of. And the second I give you a response, my information about this thing YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF sounds like total nonsense to you. That sounds like a a completely logical course of mental action to me.
Typically when you have a rep you get MORE leniency. Your friend sounds confused based on my experience with ebay reps.
Old 10-12-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. I just couldn't make sense of your information, that's all.

For the record this new program just launched this month, so it's likely something a bit different than the traditional TSAM program.
Old 10-12-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

e2free posted about it here: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...concierge.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (10-12-2016)
Old 10-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. I just couldn't make sense of your information, that's all.

For the record this new program just launched this month, so it's likely something a bit different than the traditional TSAM program.
Offense didn't come into this picture.

As far as it just launching. As we all know, ebay tests programs out for a bit before launching anything. And my friend is always one of the people that beta tests programs. So while maybe it might not be concierge, ( tho I feel it is) the point still stands. She was effected more BECAUSE her account was connected to a rep, and her rep told her exactly that. She was not able to sell her product, because her account was flagged in some way that made her more visible to ebay, and her rep told her to disconnect from him, in order to prevent that. And that's all I was trying to say about it.
Old 10-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Typically when you have a rep you get MORE leniency. Your friend sounds confused based on my experience with ebay reps.
I'm sure she gets more leniency. But this wasn't about leniency. This was about normal sellers flying under the radar, therefor not NEEDING leniency. She received leniency, but was in the spot light ( positively mostly I'm sure) because of her connection, and couldn't fly under the radar for breaking and or bending policies that a lot of sellers never even get noticed for unless they are reported.

That makes sense, doesn't it? No confusion required.