eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Getting users to leave feedback? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/99486-getting-users-leave-feedback.html)

idds 09-13-2016 04:56 PM

Getting users to leave feedback?

So most users have realized how useless the feedback system is, and don't bother with it anymore.

Back in 2000, feedback was a novel concept, back when you could neg someone back.

So one of the main components to growing a new account is getting a decent feedback score. What are your strategies for getting people to leave feedback?

Sending notes to customers requesting it doesn't seem to work.

mirza93 09-13-2016 05:21 PM

Re: Getting users to leave feedback?

Depends how you ask.
What I do is ask them on the delivery due date is if they received it yet. They normally reply and are thankful for checking if everything is okay.
If no feedback is left, I usually ask for it.
Anything after that becomes spam and buyers tend to get annoyed.

Having said this, most buyers don't bother. I probably get 30-40% buyers leaving feedback at best..

spindoctor 09-13-2016 05:38 PM

To be honest, why worry about it? I'd just move on. It's about the profit, rather then the feedback.

MM78 09-13-2016 05:44 PM

Ship Fast, Provide Quality Product at a Competitive Price.....and the rest will fall into place.

idds 09-13-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor (Post 799763)
To be honest, why worry about it? I'd just move on. It's about the profit, rather then the feedback.

A lot of buyers still look at that right hand corner of a listing and when they see an 8 or a 9 they don't buy.

In 2006 or 2007 probably 70% of people left feedback. It's dropped off like crazy.

bonedaddy101 09-13-2016 06:42 PM

just buy 1p ebooks

MM78 09-13-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedaddy101 (Post 799794)
just buy 1p ebooks

Going to take a wild guess and say this is what you do.....honestly a real bad idea.

vogeltron 09-14-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 799766)
Ship Fast, Provide Quality Product at a Competitive Price.....and the rest will fall into place.

Very much agreed. Sometimes now it means going out of your way to appease customers etc. Also learn which ones to block. I sell unique items that I often get questions on. I know which ones will can cause a problematic buyer. For me missing out on a few sales to avoid a return or negative is worth it.

grampastang 09-14-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

So true. Feedback is overrated is you ask me. I can start a new account with zero feedback and sell hundreds of items in a month. Make my 19K in 6-18wks. Buy another acct, Rinse and repeat.

I could careless about the accounts, if it gets suspended...buy a new one.

One of my accounts just got upgraded to 5000/125,000. I'll never hit that as I stop at 18-19k.

One thing I will say is that once you hit top rated plus or power seller...your items come up higher on the "Best Match" search results.

Jackery 09-15-2016 01:36 AM

Search eBay for "eBay thank you stickers" you can get 500 for like $15 and stick them to the items packaging, or where ever you think it'll catch their eyes the best...ship fast and watch your DSR rise fast.

vogeltron 09-15-2016 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackery (Post 800097)
Search eBay for "eBay thank you stickers" you can get 500 for like $15 and stick them to the items packaging, or where ever you think it'll catch their eyes the best...ship fast and watch your DSR rise fast.

Thanks for the suggestion

kingdomcome84 09-15-2016 08:17 PM

no feedback left is the best feedback

idds 09-15-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackery (Post 800097)

LOL, I just couldnt bring myself to do that.

yankee 09-15-2016 09:44 PM

No feedback is the best feeback of all. I wish no one ever left feedback. My scores are 5.0. 5.0. 5.0 4.9 on almost all my accounts. If no one left feedback it would be all 5.0s

rsot 09-15-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Agreed - just keep doing good service and feedback comes naturally.

vogeltron 09-16-2016 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdomcome84 (Post 800326)
no feedback left is the best feedback

I like getting good feedback but I have to agree I never ask for it or request it. Did it one time many years ago and somebody lit into me about a product they didn't like. Will never ask for feedback again. If it comes in great, but I will never go out of my way to try to get someone to leave it.

I do leave feedback for all my good customers. I normally wait about 10 days until it expires. Knock on wood, I haven't had many feedback issues the past few years with regards to eBay.

nate 09-16-2016 07:59 AM

i've been running an experiment on one of my accounts by not leaving feedback until either they leave me feedback first or until 30 days has passed. it's worked great so far. i started doing it this way because i was getting alot negs after what im assuming were other stealths buying from me just to return to shut me down. all old accounts with little to no buying or selling feedback. packages coming back packaged more professional than how i sent them out. i sell in a ruff category...

then i had some one ask me for feedback with a note, i always leave feedback, then they contacted me a week or two later asking for feedback through ebay message even after i left them feedback, they hadnt left feedback for me yet and i didnt think much of it until after at least month passed. i doubt may other people do either.

i once made the same mistake as someone else who just posted and messaged my buyer asking for feedback. they did the same thing complaining about the item and wanted to return weeks after they got it. that was the last time i did that.

with this strategy ive had accounts buy from me that fit the exact same stealth profile and haven't left neg feedback after returning. if they did... id leave pos feedback accusing it of being a stealth buying account used to shut their competitors down. i check feedback before i ship on accounts with little to no feedback. if i saw that id cancel the order and take what ever comes rather than pay round trip shipping, for doesnt appear auth or does not fit decr and get neg feedback anyway. id be willing to bet most people with a stealth wouldnt want to contact ebay over that to get it removed either.

idds 09-16-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 800422)
id leave pos feedback accusing it of being a stealth buying account used to shut their competitors down.

I think this can eventually get you in trouble. It's against the feedback policy, and as we've learned it doesn't take much.

I've never encountered anyone buying to try and shut me down. I believe ebay tracks buyer behavior looking for it, at least I recall reading it somewhere.

spindoctor 09-16-2016 09:07 AM

Exactly, Never really took notice of feedback and it hasn't affected my sales even with some negative feedback.

It's all about the money ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 800341)
Agreed - just keep doing good service and feedback comes naturally.