eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   Interesting eBay observation... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/10144-interesting-ebay-observation.html)

aking 03-25-2009 08:19 PM

Interesting eBay observation...

Anyone ever noticed a seller that might have like 50 of the same item listed, but when you look at their feedback, none of it is for the items that they have listed? I have seen this numerous times and find this kind of strange. What do you guys think?

lakeman 03-25-2009 08:35 PM

Doesn't that mean they just started selling that item and no one has recieved there's to leave feedback yet.

aking 03-25-2009 08:54 PM

You would think, but its the same seller selling the same thing for weeks, but no feedback for any of the items listed.

lakeman 03-25-2009 09:00 PM

Weeks? I don't know then. Possibly, the seller is selling to a different country then he's located in, and no one has recieved there item yet.

Here We Go Again 03-25-2009 09:01 PM

If you look at my feedback you would have no idea what the items were that the buyers bought.
I have all my items set to private buyer. But my feedback is open to the public.

Make since??
Is that what you are talking about??

aking 03-25-2009 09:34 PM

No, I know what you are talking about. I used to do the private feedback too, but its not private. The time you see a teller that has like 50 vero items listed, look at their feedback and I guarantee you won't see any for the items listed.

NO ID 03-27-2009 04:17 AM

I have seen that too and have always wondered about it - Maybe he tells his buyers no feedback required for that item???

Werfella 04-04-2009 11:30 PM

I have all my items set to private buyer. But my feedback is open to the public.- HWGA

HWGA, how do you set the private buyer setting? I think i found it under eBay seller preferences, but it told me if I switched it to private, I would not be able to sell. Was I in the right spot?

oompaloompa 04-05-2009 09:44 AM

there was a thread on this recently, tick box for private listings when selling, this means that your buyers id and comment is visible on your feedback but the title of what was listed is not. This is completely different to opting for your feedback to be private, that means nobody can see who or what has been wrtitten about you, only your scores show (which means nothing as all buyers now get positive regardless) and you cannot sell.

Here We Go Again 04-05-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werfella (Post 81536)
I have all my items set to private buyer. But my feedback is open to the public.- HWGA

HWGA, how do you set the private buyer setting? I think i found it under eBay seller preferences, but it told me if I switched it to private, I would not be able to sell. Was I in the right spot?

You have to understand the following....
Private Feedback - You can not list any items for sale... eBay rule can not get around it.
Private Buyer - ALL buyers are private these days, at least in the USA. No one else can see a buyers name on item except the seller.
Private Auction/Item - Set during the listing process by the seller. The item name and price will not show on the seller feedback page.

So if you use Auctiva it is called a "Private Auction/Item" it is right under the listing duration.

nobody999 06-03-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 80443)
If you look at my feedback you would have no idea what the items were that the buyers bought.
I have all my items set to private buyer. But my feedback is open to the public.

Make since??
Is that what you are talking about??

how come you put it to private? i think it would make buyers more comfortable reading your postive feedbacks with the item visible

aking 06-09-2009 01:37 PM

There is only one reason that I can figure of why you would want to make your listings private, which I will not state here.

I personally would not make my listings private. Only b/c it makes you look sneaky. They are automatically hidden after 90 days anyway. So just rotate 5 accounts every month, buy the time you get back to the first account everything will hit the 90 day hidden mark.

vik222 06-09-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 80436)
Anyone ever noticed a seller that might have like 50 of the same item listed, but when you look at their feedback, none of it is for the items that they have listed? I have seen this numerous times and find this kind of strange. What do you guys think?

for what kind of products he get feedbacks ?
i bet it's for branded items

biglouis999 06-22-2009 07:07 PM

I sell collectables on eBay and most of my listings are private. I sell a lot to advanced collectors and resellers who dont want others to know what they have bought or what they paid for it. Also if the items are visible it means cheapskates can easily research what sorts of "best offers" you will accept.