eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   Getting eBay feedback through buying (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/112937-getting-ebay-feedback-through-buying.html)

ernest2449 12-14-2017 09:53 AM

Getting eBay feedback through buying

Hello all!

SITUATION: Fairly new selling account - about 1month old, roughly 20 sales (sales done a couple weeks after account setup). But zero feedback yet. Wanting to get SOME kind of feedback - just anything to replace the eyesore "0%"

QUESTION: Anything wrong with me buying 2 or 3 items (likely cheap e-books) to get feedback?

Before some folks jump on me - yes I know buying feedback does not play any part of the seller profile, and yes I know that this would not be the answer for an ongoing longterm solution. Again, it would be for the sole purposes of getting rid of the "0%", and would not be done again.

Thanks!

ilcarletto 12-14-2017 09:57 AM

Re: Getting eBay feedback through buying

I do not recommend to buy e-books or anything for 0.01$. This is dangerous (feedback manipulation).
Buy something you need or throw away a few $$.

BTW:
There must be something wrong with your selling method or item if you sold 20 items and no feedbak... I would focus on that.

ernest2449 12-14-2017 10:00 AM

Thanks for weighing in.

Yes I was thinking maybe the same thing - definitely don't want to raise red flags for feedback manipulation.

Those 20 sales were done within the last week or so, so I do expect some to come in. Was just getting a little antsy on getting some feedback sooner lol

phaz0rz 12-14-2017 10:06 AM

You'll only ever get eBay feedback for 25% of orders or AZ feedback for 5% of orders, if you're lucky. Most of the time it's lower than that.

Nothing wrong with buying a few things to get rid of the zero. I would avoid the super cheap stuff though like ilcarletto said.

iceman58796 04-26-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernest2449 (Post 890109)
Thanks for weighing in.

Yes I was thinking maybe the same thing - definitely don't want to raise red flags for feedback manipulation.

Those 20 sales were done within the last week or so, so I do expect some to come in. Was just getting a little antsy on getting some feedback sooner lol

Drop all your buyers a message asking if they got their items ok and whatnot

For quite a few you'll get a response saying yes thanks, i'll leave feedback

If someone just says yes thanks, then you can politely ask for feedback

Out of the 20 sales I reckon you'll get at least 6/7

jenny233 05-11-2018 08:44 AM

You may message your buyer to ask for their help :D. You will receive some feedback for sure!

Pandoras_box 05-11-2018 02:24 PM

Here are three things I do to get feedback:

1. Initially buy £1 items (I don't abuse it, so it's not apparent)
Preferably web hosting, eBay listing templates and related stuff.

2. I'd start by selling £-line items, so I sell quite quickly.
I leave a (photocopy of a hand-written) A7 note inside the envelope.

3. Add a message that eBay sends out on your behalf after every purchase.
I spend some time to come up with a catchy, generic message that appears to be specific to each buyer. Think about those spam emails that impressed you and take a cue.

Here's where you save your generic message:
My eBay > My account > Manage communications with buyers> Order is updated with P&P information > Add a message.

These methods have worked wonders for me, and I hope they do the same for you.
Good-luck.