Do you trust buyers with 0 feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Do you trust buyers with 0 feedback?

Do you guys let people with 0 feedback buy from you? Any bad experiences?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2010

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
Do you guys let people with 0 feedback buy from you? Any bad experiences?
yeah, everybody has to start somewhere, or trying to build their feedback... in my experience bidders from around 0-20 are the biggest non payers but it can happen with any buyer no matter the feedback...
The Following User Says Thank You to tenggo For This Useful Post:
mdiva901 (08-17-2010)
Old 03-01-2010

I haven't had too many problems actually. I thought that I would given how many sellers refuse to sell to them from a bad experience in the past.
The only thing that I have noticed is that they can be slow to pay sometimes because they are new and don't quite have the hang of using paypal or their paypal account is brand new and they are still verifying. The nice thing is that now eBay is offering to process their credit cards right away. I think will eliminate a lot of the problems.
But in the end I haven't had a brand new buyer stiff me. Yet.
Old 03-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I would say they are slightly risky than average, less to do with scammer and more that they can have unrealistic/bizarre expectations eg. they email you as soon as auction ends, asking where is item!! etc
Old 03-03-2010

We can block -1 -5 feedbackers but they don't exist anymore. I would block zero feedbackers if it were possible. They are usually people trying to bypass my block bidders list of idiots and non payers. Most non payments come from zero feedbackers.
Impossible to block them unless you are running auctions.
Old 03-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Depends on the value of the item, location of the buyer and how much they irritate me. Like the 'please ship to my god-son in the Congo'. Sure,Toots, I'll sell to you...... when hell freezes over.

Am extra careful during the silly season. Don't do international shipping in December unless it's a return buyer. If I get a feeling then I don't deal.
But most of the 0 feedback buyers have been great: I keep in touch with them about what to eat for brekkie & that, it works fine.
Geeze, an account with 0 feedback is nearly a memory now My newest baby just made 10
Old 11-17-2010

Longevity: 78%

if we not sell to 0 Fb how she/he prove that he/she is trusted buyer?
did you not start with 0 FB?when we new,we all is nothing..
Old 11-18-2010

Longevity: 77%

one bad experience here...dude buys the item then pays for it right away.

10 minutes later I get a message I'm sorry I bought the item by mistake.

I didn't reply.

Next morning I wake up Ebay and Paypal claim for item not received.

I ended up refunding him and even left good feedback in hope of getting the same in return to build the account but the @sshole didnt event do that.

Anyways now it's irrelevant since few days later after making some big sales paypal limited for 180 days till close (appeal denied) and waiting on answer for ebay limited seller :-(
Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

i didn't know u could block 0 fb buyers.
how do u do it?
Old 11-18-2010

Longevity: 89%

Yes you can block 0 feedback buyers when you create the listing.

Funny, on my very first eBay account when I was just a buyer, on my very first time on eBay, on my very first transaction, on my very first day on eBay, I emailed a seller with a question about the item they had for sale. They responded with:
"Yes. I notice also you have 0 feedback this is a HUGE red flag to me. I will NOT ship to any cousin in Nigeria or ANY unconfirmed address and I will not be scammed."

...Geez, and it was only a $10 item.
Old 11-18-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

I rarely ever trust the 0 feedback community; however, everyone is and WILL BE at this point sometime again....AM I RIGHT EVERYONE?
Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I didn't know you can block 0 feedback buyers. Thought it had to be -1 or something that doesn't even exist anymore.

Over the long haul, zero feedback buyers have been FAR less trouble then ones with a dozen feedback for me

In fact I get good sales from zero feedback buyers. I will never do anything silly and ship to Africa or something obvious. I always do my own fraud protection and with a quick search I can find out the person is legit in a few minutes.

People can be ass faces sometimes, thats a fact. But a higher feedback score wont take that away from their personality.

Item makes a huge difference to what you attract too. I imagine if you are selling something in high demand that can be turned over into cash like an iPhone you would need to be very careful
Old 11-18-2010

i have a recent buyer with 8 feedback that bids on and wins all 3 of my items. then does not pay within the 3 day time frame i have specified in my auctions. So on the 4th day i file a non paying bidder claim against her for all 3 auctions. Still have not heard anything from her. so i close the case and get my credit. Few days pass by and this ass face decides to bid on one of my auctions again (i have since found the block bidder link and cancal bidder links and bookmarked them) so i quickly add her name to the blocked bidder list and cancels her bid. But i am pissed off now very angry at this point that people can be so selfish so i contacted her asking "why would you bid on my items again if you did not pay for the last 2 items you bid on (i forgot it was actually 3 items)" she responded with stupidity of course, saying i never contacted her blah blah blah. So i says to her in as nice a way i can at this point that i am not your mother it is not my responsibility to remind you to pay your bills, and i did send you atleast 2 invoices. So of course i get more ignorance and negativity back from her. Now she is saying that she is going to try to sabatage my sells by posting on youtube about me, and have her friends bid and not pay. So i did not respond at all, i simply contacted eBay and forwarded them the emails she sent to me. I don't know the outcome as of yet but i don't think eBay will do anything they don't give a ish about there sellers. i did google her name and found a picture of her from my space. But if i find out that she is sabotaging me in any way i will be opening a stealth ebay and paypal account in her name and selling blatantly obvious louis vuitton and chanel replicas, and put her picture in the auction details along with her full name and address.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerseykat1 For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-30-2014), madmuppet303 (01-25-2011)
Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Never take on a cranky buyer. Never. Some people out there have no lives and are seriously lacking social skills. And will spend days and weeks trying to hurt you

Never make things worse by picking a fight. You would be shocked the lengths some people will go to just to cause you greif because you upset them. Shocked. I did what you did once and the buyer spent 4 MONTHS attacking me any way they could. Cost me $1000s in sales. This was back in the days of a real account so walking away was not an option back then.

This tool made videos and blogs and posted 100s of posts on forums month after month after month.... Just because I wouldn't deal with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-30-2014)
Old 11-18-2010

Thats insane. I hope i don't have to go through anything like that. Thank god this is a stealth account so i am protected in a way.
Old 11-18-2010

how did you get the buyer to stop or did they just get bored after a while? Since it was a real account did you report them to the police for harassment?
Old 11-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post
how did you get the buyer to stop
I didnt. The day my account was closed they emailed me two words

"I win"

Had it been like today with stealth it would have been easy to just move on... But this was tied to a business website as well. Luckily, I changed the company name and domain and had migrated over after a couple months of greif. So they were in a sense attacking a dead company at the end. But they were able to get at enough customers and somehow get them to complain to eBay it was all over for that one. Tell someone they are getting ripped off and they dont actually look into it. They just freak out.... I had to start from scratch and it took a couple months for the sales to bounce back.

It was a small outfit and sales were only a couple 1000 a month or less. But had it been a bigger set up it would have been a disaster. I have never got into it with a buyer since. I just ignore and they all get bored and go find something else to play with. My mistake here was taking them on full force... Calling them names and so on. It gave them fuel. Nut jobs feed off the conflict and just get more aggressive.

Lesson learned, so in the final wash, stronger for it

Take my advice. Dont reply to nut jobs. Block and hope they go away....
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-30-2014)
Old 11-24-2010

my experince as buyer,i got trouble with seller that have 0 FB.
3 times,so i do not want deal with seller who have zero FB again.
Old 11-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I had this buyer emailing tons of questions, I never answer. He made sure he won the auction. I cancelled and told him the dog ate it. He gave me a neutral saying; I'm this, I'm that...I know a turd when I smell one.
Old 12-03-2010

Longevity: 79%

because we have a buyer protection from Ebay then why we affraid to buy from a zero feedback.
Old 12-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

While I don't like seeing a 0 feedback, around this time of the year, it can be expected. Few 0 feedback buyers have not paid up so I tend not to like it but I get by - unpaid dispute and move on. Item will be sold few days later.
Old 12-25-2010

Longevity: 77%

I think nothing happend with seller 0 feedback. We are safe on ebay & PP
Closed Thread