eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   got a newbie lecture today aka How to handle a fussy buyer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/21626-got-newbie-lecture-today-aka-how-handle-fussy-buyer.html)

dangerdog 06-06-2012 02:21 AM

We should all gang up and create a bad buyers list. i almost have around 1000 in my blocked list on my second ID...... last night after 36 emails tried to explain the client its courier fault proving the consignment number she had but NO she wont budge. Then i said i now feel you are harassing me and my entire conversation is recorded and bad luck she is gone.

lojanet623 08-30-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 158602)
so, on a new account, I sent off this item and fussy buyer, who had asked millions of questions before and after purchase, emailed saying she was disappointed with packaging and shipping costs, and proceeded in giving me a lecture on how they know I was new to ebay and gave me tips on what buyers prefer and like to be treated, and I just said ok, I will give you a bit of refund on postage and you are so much more knowledgable than me so I will take your kind advice for the future, and they were like, its just constructive critism, Im glad you found it helpful - well I thought I could give her constructive critism on getting a life and not buying such crap on ebay and plus Ive sold more items on ebay than shes had hot dinners, but I bit my tongue instead...and left her a positive

Really admire your high EQ!! :thumb:

missinglink 06-01-2014 08:55 AM

Re: got a newbie lecture today aka How to handle a fussy buyer

you catch more with honey than vinegar, more people should understand that - not just for ebay, you can get 2 different answers depending on how you handle it. call up ebay all accusing and get worse than you expected, call and ask for their help and you are inexperienced and they are so kind and they bend over backwards haha.

ebayanarchy 06-07-2014 06:24 AM

I have a policy of blocking any buyer who asks three stupid questions in a row.

More often than not, it is the buyers that ask a lot of stupid questions that end up complaining and leaving bad feedback.

kittylove 10-26-2014 06:49 AM

sounds like something i just went through

nearnu 01-02-2015 05:23 AM

For me it is the resellers on Ebay. I am a small fish. I get blackmailed with Neg for no price reduction, but not in clear enough terms that anyone will fix it for me. Authentic Designer items are my area and really challenging to sell.

rsot 01-02-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nearnu (Post 626544)
For me it is the resellers on Ebay. I am a small fish. I get blackmailed with Neg for no price reduction, but not in clear enough terms that anyone will fix it for me. Authentic Designer items are my area and really challenging to sell.

Interesting niche

GreenBean 01-02-2015 05:30 PM

enabled a post boost too.

oompaloompa 01-04-2015 06:35 AM

great thread resurrection! yes it is annoying but as long as most buyers are hassle-free we keep going....

bjammin 01-22-2015 02:30 PM

Roflmao, I just read it and I am about to die from not being able to breathe from laughing too hard. "I have sold more items on EB than you have had hot dinners" is just too much. That could be one of the funniest lines for all of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.

peterspike 01-22-2015 02:59 PM

You can guarantee if you get a buyer asking you the ins and outs of everything they are going to be trouble.
You sell them the product and 99% of the time they mail you saying something is wrong gggggrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

RosieTosie 01-22-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biglouis999 (Post 309176)
I have had buyers on Ebay who threatened me with a negative if I didnt refund them. One even said "Well you cant leave return negative"

First I Googled their local newspaper. Then I told them "well I can't leave a neg on Ebay but I can do something much worse. I can out you as a blackmailer and petty crim in the XX your local paper. Then all your friends, neighbours, the people in your workplace, church, your kids school etc will know you for a cheapskate petty criminal who thought you could get off with threatening a disabled senior because she lived in another country. Local papers are always looking for juicy human relations shories and I will sure enjoy sending the editor your blackmailing emails with full headers. Yadda yadda."

After that the buyer became silent.

And yes I would have done it!

I have also threatened buyers and sellers who owed me money with debt collectors and having their credit rating trashed.

Louis your responses are brilliant and a real entertaining and educational read, go you!!!! Keep it up, and keep us posted when you do!!!!

unbakedmonkey 04-12-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 158602)
so, on a new account, I sent off this item and fussy buyer, who had asked millions of questions before and after purchase, emailed saying she was disappointed with packaging and shipping costs, and proceeded in giving me a lecture on how they know I was new to ebay and gave me tips on what buyers prefer and like to be treated, and I just said ok, I will give you a bit of refund on postage and you are so much more knowledgable than me so I will take your kind advice for the future, and they were like, its just constructive critism, Im glad you found it helpful - well I thought I could give her constructive critism on getting a life and not buying such crap on ebay and plus Ive sold more items on ebay than shes had hot dinners, but I bit my tongue instead...and left her a positive

I just created my first stealth account, thought i be female. I was messaged today telling me what price I should sell at and how I should give up. And finally I was asked if I had a boy friend? I thought what the f***!!!

But i stayed polite replied back to all messages and blocked him from bidding weirdo....

oompaloompa 04-12-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjammin (Post 634168)
Roflmao, I just read it and I am about to die from not being able to breathe from laughing too hard. "I have sold more items on EB than you have had hot dinners" is just too much. That could be one of the funniest lines for all of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.

actually 'hot dinners', is just a common saying in the UK...I cannot claim it as my own original - sorry!!!

very annoying to get a know it all telling you what to do....think they are more experienced than me, as it is their one and only acc, and mine is lower fb, albeit it is one of many