eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   got a newbie lecture today aka How to handle a fussy buyer (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/21626-got-newbie-lecture-today-aka-how-handle-fussy-buyer.html)

oompaloompa 08-14-2010 05:20 PM

got a newbie lecture today aka How to handle a fussy buyer
 
so, on a new account, I sent off this item and fussy buyer, who had asked millions of questions before and after purchase, emailed saying she was disappointed with packaging and shipping costs, and proceeded in giving me a lecture on how they know I was new to ebay and gave me tips on what buyers prefer and like to be treated, and I just said ok, I will give you a bit of refund on postage and you are so much more knowledgable than me so I will take your kind advice for the future, and they were like, its just constructive critism, Im glad you found it helpful - well I thought I could give her constructive critism on getting a life and not buying such crap on ebay and plus Ive sold more items on ebay than shes had hot dinners, but I bit my tongue instead...and left her a positive

jeffweico 08-14-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 158602)
so, on a new account, I sent off this item and fussy buyer, who had asked millions of questions before and after purchase, emailed saying she was disappointed with packaging and shipping costs, and proceeded in giving me a lecture on how they know I was new to ebay and gave me tips on what buyers prefer and like to be treated, and I just said ok, I will give you a bit of refund on postage and you are so much more knowledgable than me so I will take your kind advice for the future, and they were like, its just constructive critism, Im glad you found it helpful - well I thought I could give her constructive critism on getting a life and not buying such crap on ebay and plus Ive sold more items on ebay than shes had hot dinners, but I bit my tongue instead...and left her a positive

And here we have an example of a PERFECT way to handle this type of situation! Will work with both eBay AND Amazon buyers!

Was the buyer full of s**t? SURE! But they got what they wanted, and felt like they helped someone.

Oompa came out on top as he avoided a potential negative feedback and/or a PayPal claim. Now he can focus his energy on new sales rather than dealing with a lunatic buyer.

If selling on eBay was a college course, this would be a texbook example on how to handle a difficult buyer.

FIVE STARS AND TWO THUMBS UP!

:thumb: :thumb:

GreenBean 08-14-2010 06:36 PM

Um, oompappa is a LADY,jeff :yar:

You are correct. Sometimes 'we' need (to infer) a little humility to gain what we want. Each sale differs, each response differs.

Excellent result,ompappa!:thumb:

pod 08-14-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 158602)
Im glad you found it helpful

Perfect. You obviously got ALL the laughs on this one, let alone the last laugh

Know it alls like being right. The do after all know it all. Nice work.

jeffweico 08-14-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 158612)
Um, oompappa is a LADY,jeff :yar:

You are correct. Sometimes 'we' need (to infer) a little humility to gain what we want. Each sale differs, each response differs.

Excellent result,ompappa!:thumb:

OOPS! My bad, was going by the avatar.

GreenBean 08-14-2010 09:09 PM

A deliberate (and successful) ploy by the ever so wonderful oompappa!:thumb:

jeffweico 08-14-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 158679)
A deliberate (and successful) ploy by the ever so wonderful oompappa!:thumb:

Is mine successful also? :pound:

GreenBean 08-14-2010 09:22 PM

Of course! We ALL are who are actively stealth :yar:

oompaloompa 08-15-2010 10:03 AM

Jeff hiding your ID as a cat is a genius ploy, or are you really a talking cat? Actually mine wasnt a ploy. I just thought of my user name then remembered in the movie, Dr Evil mentioned OompLs, so I googled an avatar...get lots of UK pms calling me mate or m8 though, they must think Im poofy the way I write about things...

agreed, humility and apologises are the number one tool to get what you want out of a situation, Ive had all sorts of scenarios, one recently where someone emailed after they bought a reasonably expensive item, saying could they cancel as they bid in error, and instead of berating him, I was like of course, I will try and re-list it if I can, its just I dont get the time to do these things, what with my busy blah blah, and he was like, no actually really its my fault and I dont see why you should suffer, I will buy it, sorry.....case closed.

jeffweico 08-15-2010 03:12 PM

No, I'm not a talking cat. Others were starting to use the generic avatar I chose, so I wanted a new one. I came across this on Google. I love animals. I have three cats, all of which are fairly normal size. But I'd love them no less if they were all fat. In fact, I might love them more, because they would probably need it more.

You have customer service down to a science. And this is one of the big issues that seems to screw people up and cost them their accounts. That and shipping issues. It is unfortunate, because those are two issues that we can actually control - at least to some degree. So, I thought that your post was very worthwile for others to read.

pod 08-15-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 158915)

customer service... is one of the big issues that seems to screw people up and cost them their accounts. That and shipping issues.

It is unfortunate, because those are two issues that we can actually control - at least to some degree.

I'll be the fist to admit I have lost very valuable accounts over "standing my ground" - I sure showed them! :(

However shipping, in my opinion, for the most part is on the buyers end 90% of the time. They bitch about costs and times without knowing the reality of either. They give low DSR ratings for "slow" or "expensive" when neither is the case. Just unrealistic expectations. You can try head them off with some friendly education in the area sure. But human nature as it is, disappointment they didn't get their goodies in a couple days can result in low points that are simply undeserved. I've received a 2 in shipping because a package from Canada to Australia took 5 days. And buyer was advised it could be 10 and said no problem. And I even upgraded to xpress at my expense because I could smell a cranky client... What he could possibly expect beyond this is beyond humanly possible. And I still got nailed and my account became very weak.....

jeffweico 08-15-2010 03:58 PM

Right. That is why I added "to some degree". There will always be that cranky buyer who will never be satisfied no matter what. But I have also seen people post that they only ship once a week, on Saturdays because they are otherwise busy during the week. That is a recipe for disaster.

pod 08-15-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 158926)
Saturdays because they are otherwise busy during the week. That is a recipe for disaster.

I used to see that all the time. I've bought off some. But I obviously knew the score on the delay.

But I cant see people doing it in this environment now. I checked a seller I used to buy off that took one week to ship [very clear in ad] and his rating was way in the toilet. Every third sale was a negative. Not selling anymore. Shame, he had some great prices. email even bounces back now :(

oge 08-15-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 158841)
Jeff hiding your ID as a cat is a genius ploy, or are you really a talking cat? Actually mine wasnt a ploy. I just thought of my user name then remembered in the movie, Dr Evil mentioned OompLs, so I googled an avatar....

This whole time I thought it was the little oopmpaloompas from the movie Charlie and the chocolate factory with Willy Wonka not..... Dr Evil

daddywarbucks*2007 08-16-2010 12:57 AM

Let me give you a buyer’s view:

What is my biggest squawk when buying items from eBay (or Amazon, for that matter)? Sloppy packaging.

The eBay feedback response offers no DIRECT opportunity to comment on that. How much trouble would it be for eBay to add a fifth category for “packaging” quality? Some sellers do a terrific job. Some are awful.

I spent a good deal of money investing in professional packaging materials to use when I ship things. When I receive an item in a folded-over 9x12 envelope, I feel cheated. Wouldn’t anyone?

I might add that one time when I left a negative review for a seller (because of a preposterously under-sized item), I received a whiney argumentative response in return.

I suggest the lack of simple but more detailed feedback options is a major reason so many buyers don’t rate sellers. Has anyone ever posted on this subject?

pod 08-16-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddywarbucks*2007 (Post 159045)

How much trouble would it be for eBay to add a fifth category for “packaging” quality? Some sellers do a terrific job. Some are awful.


I don't disagree.

If they are going to carry so much weight on the star rating system, everything should be more detailed and it should be out of 10, not five.

A few more categories would help, sure

rsot 08-16-2010 11:06 AM

Also depends on the price being paid for shipping. My frequent buyers have know that they get a good deal on shipping so they are chill with my shoddy packaging ha.

dude3010 09-04-2010 10:20 PM

nicely played. It amazes me how ignorant people are, that just because it looks like you are a new ebay member, they automatically assume you are! They are incapable of thinking for themselves!

FandangoKango 09-06-2010 09:11 AM

lol, i once got a buyer giving me a lecture too since i had sent there item in a brown beer box lol. it's the last thing i had on me or it would of taken a few days for shipping.

Hrad 10-27-2010 04:59 PM

One buyer once tried to persuade me I was selling him a "headphone". Yes one headphone. I explained that you need a pair of headphones, one for each ear.

As in the sentence, "Hey, I got some new headphones today!"

He responded with "No, I bought one headphone"

So I gave up -.-

kris 10-27-2010 06:42 PM

I'm disappointed, for some reason, to learn that that is not actually your cat, jeffweico.

Markk 10-27-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrad (Post 177498)
One buyer once tried to persuade me I was selling him a "headphone". Yes one headphone. I explained that you need a pair of headphones, one for each ear.

As in the sentence, "Hey, I got some new headphones today!"

He responded with "No, I bought one headphone"

So I gave up -.-

Wow!

Once I was selling legit iPod docks to increase my feedback for 99p + Free Postage (Which cost me £1.40 to post) and I paid postage with paypal and all packages were dropped of directly at the sorting office in time for the very next pickup. Surprise surprise; my DRS's drop, I get a negative due to a faulty item (No communication from the buyer) and a neutral becuase the item didn't do what the buyer wanted (They wanted the charging dock to play music... for 99p? haha).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58