eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   Negative feedback reply out of anger!! what are some of your evil replies? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/22129-negative-feedback-reply-out-anger-what-some-your-evil-replies.html)

Thankful 08-29-2010 12:01 PM

Negative feedback reply out of anger!! what are some of your evil replies?

I rarely get neg fb but today some idiot left me a neg.

On some brand new real Timberland's shoes which I checked before I sold them and they were in perfect condition.

So he paid for them, then 2 days later I get a neg saying "one trianer had a lump in the sole not happy really"

I then replied back in anger "It's the lump on your foot, perhaps some liposuction will make you happy?"

Ebay refused to remove it, either way I'm not too bothered as the positives on the item sold out weigh the neg by 99%+.

I'd like to hear some of peoples evil lol replies to neg feedback! :FF:

topseller 08-29-2010 05:05 PM

Well normally I almost always side with the seller when they are 100% sure the item is correct, but shoes are a special case. It is one of the hardest thing to buy online without testing, since there is hardly any uniformity to size and shape, often within a single brand.
It is one of the reasons online shoe stores offer free shipping both ways. Also, unless you wore them you don't know if there was a lump further inside the sole or if they pinch the buyers feet.
It was not like he was trying to scam you for a refund and keep the item, like most buyers on Ebay today. All in all, I would have ignored the negative and soon the positives would have buried it and it would drop off.

jeffweico 08-29-2010 06:46 PM

You have already lost this battle the minute you replied the way you did. It might make you feel better for the moment, but now you have negative feedback and an angry customer to deal with.

This is not a good business practice.

It will waste your time and energy, and the buyer may be so angry that they file a chargeback or a dispute. So you may also lose money.

My suggestion is to not get so emotional in the future. It is simply NOT in your own best interests to respond to anyone in this manner. We've all had to deal with difficult customers. It's hard sometimes, to be sure. But the alternative is trouble, and that does NOTHING to bring in more money - which is the ONLY REASON that any of us put uip with eBay/PayPal/Amazon in the first place.

pod 08-29-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 162756)

You have already lost this battle the minute you replied the way you did.

My suggestion is to not get so emotional in the future.

So very true. You really accomplish zip. And in fact only hurt yourself, not the buyer.....

HurricaneHuntr 09-23-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 162765)
So very true. You really accomplish zip. And in fact only hurt yourself, not the buyer.....

This is why I let my gf write people requesting feedback revisions or hostile customers.so far she has had various negs removed.last tike I offered for them to keep item and receive refund.they agreed.i did take chance refunding first but for 60$ or 100% feedback.il go with feedback.after that I sold 500 on that account in last week

needhelpplease 09-24-2010 07:08 AM

When I do buy on ebay, I always look at feedback no matter if it is 100% or not. And I refuse to buy from sellers who leave feedback replies like that.....it doesnt show maturity or care. I have purchased plenty of times off of sellers with neg...most buyers realize petty negative feedback and ignore it, but seeing an unprofessional response reflects on you as a seller. Although I dont have any neg feedback, I have gotten rude emails and have wanted to react that very same way, but I wait until I cooled off and then reply with oh so lovely sweetness.....works everytime! That is the great thing about doing business online, you can be pissed and cursing them out outloud, but online write them and tell them how sorry you were that the item in the photos were of a red cat and the title says red cat and the description says red cat and that they thought they were buying a white can opener.....if you want to make business type money you have to handle it accordingly.

pod 09-24-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 168650)
seeing an unprofessional response reflects on you as a seller

It does. I've seen sellers call buyers losers or stupid in feedback replies. Even though they are probably justified, it looks bad on seller for sure

Quote:

but I wait until I cooled off and then reply with oh so lovely sweetness

Always the best idea. I get pretty pised at buyers sometimes. And I want to reply with razor blades. But wait an hour and calm down. It pays off in the end. And the payoff is why we do this. Buyer is soon forgotten.

Quote:

photos were of a red cat and the title says red cat and the description says red cat and that they thought they were buying a white can opener

haha. It really can get that silly sometimes. I dont know how some buyers can make a clear mistake on their part the sellers fault. But they do

SaiJin 09-24-2010 11:41 AM

LOL, I can't help but laugh @ Red Catx3 = White can opener!

HAHAHAHA

IDK 09-24-2010 12:32 PM

When I'm considering a seller I ALWAYS read feedback. Good and bad, and when I see a seller get smart with a buyer that turns me off, and I usually keep going. Being nice makes the buyer look like an idiot, and helps you save face. No one over the age of 12 is gonna think how you handled that neg was cool. Just my 2 cents.

SaiJin 09-24-2010 12:37 PM

Most buyers don't even bother looking at feedback. Rather the %

needhelpplease 09-24-2010 03:29 PM

% of feedback definetly does matter in my opinion, but I like and prefer to do business with ebay "veterans" and I think as most of us here who have been dealing with ebay for years...% of feedback is only so accurate....that is why looking at neg and positive fdbk is important. If you see a neg comment that says "Took 7 days to receive, not happy" then we all know that is a pretty ridiculous neg. and will probably overlook it and still buy from that seller....but if it is followed by a response from the seller saying..."you idiot,7days?My B*tch takes longer to get over period"...and YES I have seen a VERY similar feedback reply left....although clever and quite commical.... most sane people would shop elsewhere.

pod 09-24-2010 03:46 PM

But you know the system. And buyers like you are never a problem. People that "get it" are luckily the majority

Its the 5% that are clown school dropouts that cause all the problems...

needhelpplease 09-24-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 168762)
Its the 5% that are clown school dropouts that cause all the problems...

Yes, and it is those 5% that make the moto "cost of doing business" necessary. Not that I personally recommend this for everyone, but what I do is CLOSELY look at my bidders.....I do check out how long they have been on ebay/their number of transactions..but more importantly their "feedback left for others". If they leave stupid neg or excessive neg for a seller that does not have a high neg feedback I surely cancel their bid and block. Although this is time consuming it helps so much. Out of the thousands of transactions I have completed I have only had less than a handful of less than perfect transactions and I believe that has to do with monitoring who is bidding on my items.

pod 09-24-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 168771)
Yes, and it is those 5% that make the moto "cost of doing business" necessary.

For sure. And realistically, even a lot of them can be dealt with and there is no monetary loss. I think my average loss is around 3%. So ****y, but not the end of the world

MacMan 09-24-2010 05:06 PM

Unfortunately at EBay there are many random idiot buyers, and of course a lot of good ones, otherwise we wouldn't be on here talking about it all!

Anyway......I only got one negative, (New Selling Corporate Account), from an idiot who bought(pushed the buy button) my product, didn't even pay for it, and left a negative immediately! Her comment was......"Made In China". I answered the negative after EBay refused to remove it........"Malicious and untrue comment from a non-payer!" I asked Ebay to reconsider their decision to not remove it based on the fact that the supposed buyer never paid for the product and had never even received the product.

After a couple of days I was surprised to see that that the negative was removed! I now had hope that maybe Ebay was a good company and finally was taking up my position as a new and promising seller who would make them a lot of money as they collected their unreasonable fees from me. I felt good about standing up to the Giant EBay and winning! :clap:

Well....................it was all short lived because a couple days after that my account was suspended along with my personal account that had 65 positive feedbacks and was 5 years old. S:rip:

So, the moral of this sad story :violin: is that EBay SUCKS IN ALL REGARDS in regards to fairness! Their agents have the mindset of the Nazi SS and they will cut your throat at any and every opportunity!

:sly: So enter this forum with all of the great people!

needhelpplease 09-24-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 168783)
For sure. And realistically, even a lot of them can be dealt with and there is no monetary loss. I think my average loss is around 3%. So ****y, but not the end of the world

I completely agree.....I think we are "2 peas in a pod" :lol:

pod 09-24-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacMan (Post 168784)

didn't even pay for it, and left a negative immediately!

eBay plans to make immediate feedback no longer possible in a couple months. And something about non payment feedback as well...But as with everything that sounds too good to be true, I imagine the other side of the coin will be a problem. Time will tell. But how a buyer can leave feedback in seconds without paying is just absurd

art888 09-24-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 162756)
You have already lost this battle the minute you replied the way you did. It might make you feel better for the moment, but now you have negative feedback and an angry customer to deal with.

This is not a good business practice.

It will waste your time and energy, and the buyer may be so angry that they file a chargeback or a dispute. So you may also lose money.

My suggestion is to not get so emotional in the future. It is simply NOT in your own best interests to respond to anyone in this manner. We've all had to deal with difficult customers. It's hard sometimes, to be sure. But the alternative is trouble, and that does NOTHING to bring in more money - which is the ONLY REASON that any of us put uip with eBay/PayPal/Amazon in the first place.

exactly, first ask the buyer kindly to change the feedback offer him or her a little refund or such. if he is being an a$$ and refuses you then say what you want BUT i dont suggest it!! he might do a chargeback like said or even worse have friends and family or create different stealth ebay accounts and ruing your feedback and store.

Bottom line: Dont take it personal karma will get him back, its just business

MacMan 09-25-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 168796)
eBay plans to make immediate feedback no longer possible in a couple months. And something about non payment feedback as well...But as with everything that sounds too good to be true, I imagine the other side of the coin will be a problem. Time will tell. But how a buyer can leave feedback in seconds without paying is just absurd

Yes Pod.........and when I got suspended they used that negative comment to suspend me after they had removed it. After a suspension, you can't then use any logic whatsoever to try to reason with them after they are determined to suspend you! Dealing with them was like falling through the looking glass where up is really down and vise-versa and just basic common sense does not exist! Who are these people????:confused: LOL

BubbleTea 04-08-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 168342)
last tike I offered for them to keep item and receive refund.they agreed.i did take chance refunding first but for 60$ or 100% feedback.il go with feedback.after that I sold 500 on that account in last week

Lol... I did the same too and was successful too.
The refund was only £3+ so it was very worth it to me to pay £3+ to get 100%. :cheer:
And I found it really odd that he changed a negative feedback to an over-the-top positive "Excellent! A++++++++".
Sometimes, I really wonder what's in some people's head!

BubbleTea 04-08-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 168771)
Yes, and it is those 5% that make the moto "cost of doing business" necessary. Not that I personally recommend this for everyone, but what I do is CLOSELY look at my bidders.....I do check out how long they have been on ebay/their number of transactions..but more importantly their "feedback left for others". If they leave stupid neg or excessive neg for a seller that does not have a high neg feedback I surely cancel their bid and block. Although this is time consuming it helps so much. Out of the thousands of transactions I have completed I have only had less than a handful of less than perfect transactions and I believe that has to do with monitoring who is bidding on my items.

I thought of doing this too.
I guess it really pays if you are selling high cost items.
But I'm not sure if the time and effort justifies the effort.
Besides you will find that many a bad buyer closes the account and starts a new account quite frequently.

What you are doing is essentially building a bad buyer list to block.
Perhaps the combined effort of the seller community would yield a much better effort to effect ratio?
We can all do this and share our results and block off all these bad buyers, so we get less of them bidding on us.
We will list the category and ID of bad buyers so you only need to add those in the category you are selling.
What do you think of this idea?
Do you want to get it going?

BubbleTea 04-08-2012 05:05 PM

I had a buyer who said
"why you always send me poor items, damaged and packed in plastic bag?"

I replied
"why you always buy from me just to leave negative feedback?"

I never leave vile or sarcastic feedback as I don't want to behave or appear unprofessional.
However, in this case I replied this way because I believe that though a little sarcastic, it is still quite professional and it makes the point that this buyer is purposely buying so that she can leave negative feedback and her feedback is not to be trusted.

This buyer had previously bought from me and left negative feedback "don't buy". And the id**t is now buying from me again?!? And I just knew it would be trouble again but it was too late as the auction had closed when I found out. I really regretted not adding her to the block list as I had assumed she would never buy from me again since she said "don't buy". I immediately added her to the block list after I saw her second purchase.

Anyway, I looked into her feedback history and I found that she had bought many similar items from other sellers and left negative feedback too. I filed a manipulating feedback report with eBay and told them everything. I don't know what they did to her as I see her account is still alive but they removed her two negative feedback for me! :cheer::cheer:

Oh, I also hate that they give you such limited number of characters to reply to feedback. It's often not enough to explain the problems. I wanted to say that I use poly mailer bags (she said I used plastic bags... how stupid), but I had insufficient characters.