eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   What I use to Attempt to Combat the FB Probs..up front~ (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/3143-what-i-use-attempt-combat-fb-probs-up-front.html)

ebayhateluv 03-03-2008 08:17 PM

What I use to Attempt to Combat the FB Probs..up front~

HI:
I thought I would share with you all, what I have as a generic letter that goes to the buyers, believe me,,it works.:))

Fwd: PLEASE Read - Important information regarding Shipment of Ebay Items
Subject: PLEASE Read - Important information regarding Shipment of Ebay
Items

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Hi! Just a short note to let you know that your items have been
shipped.

We are SHOOTING FOR THE STARS and we NEED YOUR HELP -
Ebay has made some changes to its feedback system and now also has star
ratings. This is being used to filter out poor sellers and improve the
Ebay buying experiences. One big change is NEUTRAL feedback is now
considered as NEGATIVE, so if you are unpleased with your purchase for
any reason PLEASE let me know before leaving feedback and we will do
all we can for you. We do provide 100% customer satisfaction. Why feel
satified with leaving bad feedback when we will do everything to keep
you a happy repeat customer?

The star grading system: Ebay has set in place this rating system to
filter out sellers that were over charging on shipping costs. We are
hoping to bring our stars up to a full rating of 5 stars, as Ebay
considers anything under 4.8 to be poor service. If FOR ANY REASON you
feel that we did not provide excellent service to receive all 5 stars,
please let me know why and I will do all that I can for you.

ITEM AS DESCRIBED - was the item you receive match the printed
description in the auction? Please read description in auction to
determine.

COMMUNICATION - Do you feel that I have communicated with you well by
answering any questions, notifing when the payment was received and the
item was shipped?

SHIPPING TIME - Was your order shipped quickly? According to Ebay this
should be rated on the time in between having made the payment and the
item being shipped (not on the time it took to be delivered as sellers
do not have any control over postal times). A buyer can check the date
the package was shipped by looking at the postal label on the package.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES - Ebay states this should be rated on how
much OVER actual cost a seller charges for shipping and handling. A
buyer can also check actual cost of shipping by looking on the shipping
label or by going to USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) and entering the weight of the
package. Again, sellers do not have the ability to control the actual
rates (If I could change this, I would for sure!).

Lastly, If for any reason you are not satisfied with your transaction
please email us & let us know so that we can try & fix any problems
before leaving feedback. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is a TOP PRIORITY for us.

Thank you,
XXXXXX
Your Ebay Power Seller !
Member since 1996

Triflin 03-04-2008 07:48 AM

As always very good information you have posted. This will be a great help to get the point across to the buyer that we are actually concerned about our ratings.

Lisa B 03-04-2008 12:37 PM

ebayhateluv - this is excellent information. Do you send this email to them vie eBay messages or do you just email them from your personal email account.

I guess I'd rather email them from my personal email account? That way eBay won't have a clue what I'm telling my customers.

I am irritated because I'm getting bad feedback under shipping and handling, I include the payment calculator in my auctions so there are no shipping charge surprises and I never charge handling fees.

And no, I do not overcharge on freight, I have my own scale at home and weigh my items before I list them so there is no mistake.

I also got dinged on communication, not sure how that happened but I always email my customer when I ship the item, email them with an update while their order is in transit and then email them when the product is finally delivered.

In any case, thanks for the letter.

ebayhateluv 03-04-2008 12:46 PM

HI:
ON the freight..
a.) I use ups-- so when they pay me that whatever it is $3, $4 for postal, and get it ups... THEY'RE Happy!
** I make enough on my unique items, i could give free freight, so whatever i get, im ok with it..

Communication;;; They write to me.. "STOP SPAMMING ME",,, because of the every step of the way automated emails i send..
** MY folks knwo when the item leave, they can click on my link and see which airport the goods are at, and when the item experiences a delay, and when its delivered, and...
WHEN.. I DO NOT get that POS fb, (I feel ive earned)-- same day--they open the pkg...
My slew of emails begins... Some of the guys like it...the women, HATE it..
Sometimes they get mad, and tell me Ive filled their email box up.. but after a laugh or 2, i get all 5 stars.. :))
** MOST IMPORTANT, all kidding aside.. my customers, if theyre LEGIT, they know the product, theyre getting a good buy, they got almost free shipping, and when im busy and want to get my packages out of the house fast,, i upgrade to AIR--this blows their minds, when they get the goods next day...
_-Some of my fb, says "no sooner did i press the pay button in paypal, my item was on my door step"... SO- they LIKE it :))
**AND, I am ALWAYS mindful of that ever coming down the pike paypal limitation, so if the goods are out/ on truck for delivery, i know im ok...
OH.. and,
PLUS.. when I'm bored, i write them.. :))

Jonas 03-06-2008 12:49 AM

I find that most buyers don't check their email or it doesn't work (e.g. hotmail blocks most email randomly as spam) so I try to send things in ebay messaging.

I send shipping status and some other things. I also note the star ratings. I have to keep stuff short as ebay messaging only allows tiny little messages.

GreenBean 03-06-2008 02:09 AM

Geeze, it is getting that bad that we are going to have to sell to ourselves to
succeed.

pauluss 03-06-2008 04:23 AM

well those who offer a professional and efficent service will get a chance to shine - if you do this already you have nothing to worry about

Good sellers will get a chance to shine bad seller will have pull there socks up

twdell 03-06-2008 07:26 AM

i have started emailing by both the ebay messaging system, and personal email account. some buyers don't look at the ebay messages, and some don't look at the personal email account. and like jonas said some of the emails are sent to their junk folder, or some buyers don't even have their correct email address filed with ebay.

Back On Bay 03-07-2008 01:25 PM

Spending many years in the real world in a public relations job,
You need to realize people without knowledge to ebays feedback system
will many times rate a 4 star rating because everything was good.
Figuring realistically not everything is really ever excellent or perfect.

The main problem in my opinion is ebay is to extream on their feedback.
In my opinion ebay really needs to lighten up, before they have no sellers left.

Throb-n-Rod 03-08-2008 02:23 PM

More Ways To Make Money

When I was selling I had a theroy that you could make a good living with any thing that would fit and ship first class in a #000 bubble pack mailer i used to buy them 5000 at a time getting them for 6 cents each I shipped Ic chips in them for 25 and 50 dollars each now here is where the money is to be made i sold around 16,000 chips a year on several accounts and charged 2.00 each for insurance in my fair fixed shipping costs however i didnt purchase insurance but self insured them putting the 2.00 in a seperate account then paid first class shipping with delevery conformation to dispute those who said they never received it I never hesitated to pay any legit claims kept every one happy sending a replacement asap no long lines at the post office to make a claim no wait time for the customer they always got they package within 2 to 5 days of payment neadless to say I had up to 10 powerseller accounts at one time so the numbers are 32k collected less than 6k paid out so thats 26k profit from self insurance on items valued at 25-50 bucks each
sorry about the spelling and grammer i wish now i had finished skool

Throb-n-Rod (How to make a Million Dollars A Year On Ebay) Adult is where it is...

yogarelax 07-11-2008 01:05 PM

What is an IC chip???

terryp 07-15-2008 02:17 AM

You are doing very well if you get a buyer to read the eBay listing... to read any emails is almost a miracle (many buyers can't even read in my experience unless it's txt talk...and the others only use four letter words)

I don’t have time to worry about feed back..if it all goes wrong I put the account in sleep mode for 6-9 months and move items onto the others that are running (benefit of rolling fb now)

If I wanted to run a legitimate eBay business I would not be on this forum or in fact selling on ebay..just not worth the stress and high costs