eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   Selling cheap items for feedback + DSR (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/31843-selling-cheap-items-feedback-dsr.html)

hungt_143 05-26-2011 02:58 AM

Selling cheap items for feedback + DSR

My current lowest DSR is at .72% I want to get into top rated so I am thinking of buying cheap items on ebay for around $2-$3 and resell it for feedback + raise in DSR. Would this count as feedback manipulation? Please advise. Thank you.

GrannyT 05-26-2011 03:20 AM

I don't see why it should - I would call that trading. Instead of buying off EB wht not raid your local thrift store or garage sale? Much neater IMO
:pop2:

hungt_143 05-26-2011 03:24 AM

I need hot items to resell so I can get feedback fast. I need at least 400 more transaction before I can get into .50% for top rated. :(

GrannyT 05-26-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hungt_143 (Post 232353)
I need hot items to resell so I can get feedback fast. I need at least 400 more transaction before I can get into .50% for top rated. :(

Wow - you must have some seriously bad ratings - I have one a/c that has 180 FB and is BronzePS T/rated. 5.0, 5.0, 4.9, 5.0

I post out every day - some times within an hour of being paid. It's the only way nowadays.

:pop2:

hungt_143 05-26-2011 03:50 AM

yea I have some bad rating for late shipping time. But now I ship everyday so hopefully the rating will go up.

ShadyOne 05-29-2011 02:24 PM

Do what you got to do with this accoubt but get some more accounts up and running.

restricted_in_miami 06-17-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hungt_143 (Post 232361)
yea I have some bad rating for late shipping time. But now I ship everyday so hopefully the rating will go up.

have another clean account ready. i was kicked off FOR LIFE for low dsr's. it's no joke.. once ur gone.. your gone!! no coming back!! get your stuff together, especially if u make ur living off ebay like me!! was even kicked off again cus i linked my paypal account to a friends account.

GrannyT 06-17-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restricted_in_miami (Post 240407)
have another clean account ready. i was kicked off FOR LIFE for low dsr's. it's no joke.. once ur gone.. your gone!! no coming back!! get your stuff together, especially if u make ur living off ebay like me!! was even kicked off again cus i linked my paypal account to a friends account.

I know it gets said often but, you really do need to read the guide

rsot 06-17-2011 10:28 AM

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you get informed and contribute.

koko007 06-17-2011 01:58 PM

I am sailing iPhone covers without any profit from my new account !! Jut to get good & quick feedback... lol

ShadyOne 06-17-2011 04:42 PM

^...so many other items you could sell to do this. Always the same item though!

Get out that box! ;)

koko007 06-22-2011 07:10 AM

I know shady there are lots to sell but as I have got hundreds of iPhone covers, which I never sold since I got them because of very less margin ;-)

ShadyOne 06-22-2011 03:34 PM

Yeah I'm part-teasing tbh, many people sell iPhone covers without any problems and they build good feedback :)

I just like to find alternatives to such items.

nemo 07-02-2011 12:18 AM

i had the same issue i had low DSR performance and i immediately increased my DSR by as well selling iphone covers for low price and providing fast shipping and great communication with buyer that really helped me dig my self out of that hole :D

ShadyOne 07-03-2011 09:26 AM

^ A lot of people do this, as mentioned. It does save accounts that get hit with poor dsr's :)

Some low dsr's are unavoidable and this method is great for getting them back up but if you are people are doing this on a regular basis, time to take a look at that eBay 'business model'.

slapped 07-03-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hungt_143 (Post 232345)
My current lowest DSR is at .72% I want to get into top rated so I am thinking of buying cheap items on ebay for around $2-$3 and resell it for feedback + raise in DSR. Would this count as feedback manipulation? Please advise. Thank you.

First of all--Detailed Seller Ratings or DSR's can ONLY be increased by Buyers,,so going out on Ebay and Buying things Will NOT Help your DSR's,,It is Impossible to Rate Yourself on Shipping time, Item Descriptions,ect,ect,,It will help your Overall Feedback,,But that is IT,,it will NOT Help your Sellers Feedback score which can ONLY be be increased by selling

As far as Feedback Manipulation,,that really depends on a Few things,,,If it is a "Manual" Review and who is doing it,,If you consistantly show Purchases and Sales for the Same items that result in a Slight loss, and it KNOWN that these items are Recent in your Item Sales History,,then YES Someone can Interpet this as Feedback Manipulation,,,,The Best thing to do is to go out and get a Bunch of Cheap items (Look around you WILL Find them) and sell those, even for a small Loss,,also,,DO THE RIGHT THING,,,Ship FAST,,

mememe1972 07-03-2011 09:58 PM

you must find something to sell and take NO money on inorder to get your DSR up and up and the cost into the product you really selling to get your money.

livelifewild 07-09-2011 08:58 PM

I have been selling recipes auctions and buy it now $.99 and was and technically still is working fine. Except I got my main AWESOME account suspended recently due to feedback manipulation! BULL CRAP!

I havent had any problems with any other accounts doing recipes. You just have to make sure you have nothing in the auction about feedback I believe that is what got my main one suspended. I said something like I need 5 star ratings or I am working on getting my feedback up (such an idiot!)

Anyway another route I have found helpful, find a dollar store provider. Load up on some earrings, bracelets so on. Sell sell sell if profit is not your concern you will get good legit feedback if you do your job and ship out right away. and jewelry can go in a simple envelope and 1st class stamp. Hope that helps!!

dburnside 09-03-2011 06:05 PM

anyone got any suggestions? i have a new account selling makeup items but cant get rid of 21day hold as i dont get many sales due to toprated sellers, i dont want to go into price war until i get rid of the hold

KingRay 09-03-2011 10:09 PM

Instead of selling crap items and making nothing. why not just sell you rregular items faster in more qty and do it like that. why waste your time on crap stuff when you can do the same thing and make a killing doing it?

Sandy D 09-04-2011 04:35 PM

You can go to thrift stores, yard sales or sell stuff you no longer use at your home to build your feedback.

Hrad 09-06-2011 09:53 PM

Just watch out because I've been selling some cheap things for a couple bucks a pop to keep a steady flow of positive feedback but today some as*hole left me a neg and all 1s (even though I even went out of my way to tell him his item was shipped and when to expect it based on his location, he gives me a 1 in communication, even though I ship within hours of his paying, I get a 1 for shipping time.) Luckily I offer free shipping so he can't do anything about that.

Selling cheap items for feedback sounds like a good idea but if you stumble upon some guy who's having a bad day it can end even worse than if you didn't put in the effort at all. I was at 100% and 55 positive feedback (fairly new account) with all 5.0s or 4.9s and now I'm at 98.7% at 75 with 4.8 4.8 4.7 all because of one stupid guy.
Sorry, just venting. But keep an eye out!
I was going for TSR and just needed to raise transaction amount, now I'm not sure I get it even if I hit the transaction requirements.