eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   How do you guys pay for ebay purchases? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/3485-how-do-you-guys-pay-ebay-purchases.html)

Van Player 03-17-2008 02:38 AM

How do you guys pay for ebay purchases?

I always find good deals on ebay.. and I use buying real goods as a way of building up that much needed 10 FBs for BINs.

Question to all: how do you guys pay for your ebay purchases?

I have a legit paypal account that I use for buying only, but it may have been linked at one time or another, to a suspended EB account i had before. The link is now removed though, and this paypal account is not linked to any ebay accounts. is it safe to proceed through the regular eBay checkout process to pay for the purchases i made on ebay with paypal?

BTW...this is not my main paypal account which i use to receive payments later after the eB account is established.

GreenBean 03-17-2008 03:01 AM

Although you 'think' you removed that link, ebay-paypal may have their old records. So leave that paypal account well away from ebay purchases....
What I do is pick a couple of items I like and check them thoroughly. With what I am after, a few sellers do not accept paypal. {g*d bless them}.
You might want to widen the range of the items.... you would be surprised what turns up. There is one last choice..... sometimes the seller has an email listed so you can contact them off ebay.... with a little sob story 'my paypal a/c was hijacked by some smart-a***ed college students. I can't buy little johny his.....can I pay you with a MO.
'sob,sob'. Be imaginative but do not do this play to death. 'sob, sob'.

Van Player 03-17-2008 12:02 PM

i usually just pay directly with a direect paypal payment, and send it as GOODS.

however, it doesnt show up in ebay as paid. i heard aspkin say before that he always just checks out through ebay and pay with paypal without any problems. i was wandering if that was still the case.

anyways, i figured it shouldnt be a huge problem, as i make regular ONE TIME PAYMENTS of ebay fees each month with another paypal account that was linked at one time to a suspended ebay account, without any issues. shouldn't be paying for ebay purchases amount to the same thing?

only thing im not sure is that if paypal will send the shipping address to ebay, and the maybe ebay will show some warning: "this is not your primary shipping address of your ebay account.. etc etc....." does it matter?

when paying ebay fees, there is no shipping address.

ebayhateluv 03-17-2008 03:03 PM

HI:
What i do, is click the pp button, then on the left, fill out the cc info with my simon card...

thelizardking 03-17-2008 07:59 PM

Yeah what ebayhateluv said or look for money orders..

Van Player 03-20-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayhateluv (Post 31842)
HI:
What i do, is click the pp button, then on the left, fill out the cc info with my simon card...

so does that mean you will first have a giftcard with your shipping address correctly registered...

then you make the payment with that gift card?

but then how do you handle the shipping address part? would't eB's system catch on that your shipping address (which may be associated with a previously suspended user id) is different vs your reg address on the eB account you are trying to build FB on? afterall, you probabaly want to get the goods you just paid for with your hard earned cash on the gift card.. right?

suspended2008 04-04-2008 05:38 AM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Poste restante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poste restante (French, trans. post which remains) is a service where the post office holds mail until the recipient calls for it. It is a common destination for mail for people who are visiting a particular location and have no need, or no way, of having mail delivered directly to their place of residence at that time.

Mail is addressed to POSTE RESTANTE (or TO BE CALLED FOR), which is written after the full name of the recipient (as appears on the identification to be presented ie. the passport, if abroad), then the name and full address of the destination post office, thus:—

Mr. John Smith
Poste Restante
Islington Post Office
116 Upper Street
Islington
London N1 1AE
If only addressed to a town name, for example POSTE RESTANTE, ISLINGTON (there are currently 115 crown offices in LONDON[1]) mail will go to the closest main post office branch.

Hope this helps.

suspended2008 04-04-2008 07:53 AM

There is more in this wikipedia article for people in USA:

In the United States, the US Postal Service uses the term general delivery and reserves the term poste restante for international mail sent to general delivery. Mail is addressed as follows:—

Mrs. Jane Q. Smith
General Delivery
Washington DC 20090-9999
In the ZIP+4 code, the add-on code for general delivery is 9999. The main post office in a community will hold such mail for up to 30 days. This may be a different post office from where oversized packages and registered mail are held for any particular zip code. Note that many post offices within a medium to large city do not have general delivery, and mail addressed to these zip codes will either be forwarded to the Main Post Office or returned to sender.

Remember that if ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name is used, have the ID ready to pick up mail from post office.

suspended2008 04-04-2008 07:58 AM

so in the above case, add the words "Main Post Office" to the address should have the package arrive at the main post office in that city.

TotallyDisgusted 04-04-2008 08:10 AM

I purchase quite a lot from EB & do use PP. I am not using a pp account that is linked or associated in any way-shape-or-form to a suspended account. May be a bit risky but I simply purchase w/PP & add a note, then email seller that either a-house is under construction, please use following address or b-this is a gift, please ship to xyz address or c-going on vacation for 10-days, please ship to daughter's address. So far I have not had any problems & receive the items I have purchased.

Lisa B 05-28-2008 01:44 PM

My Brother and Sister both have pre 11/07 Buyer/Seller accounts, If I see something I want on eBay I just have them buy it for me and I go pick it up from them when it arrives.