Revenge Positive Feedback Not Working - offending text gets deleted - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 08-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

I have sometimes seen ebay remove bad follow-up comments to positive feedback.

But I was told by ebay's trust & safety department today that sellers can still post negative follow-up comments to positive feedback.

Maybe the original comment has to be positive first, who knows. It's hard to get an answer from eBay's trust & safety dept rather than a form letter, but this is what I got.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2008

Usually the bad follow-up comments unleash the fury of ALL CAPS, which is cruise control for cool.
Old 08-13-2008

eBay seems not to be removing positives with negative comments anymore. At least for me. I got a seller who gave me a positive with an obviously negative comment. This was not a follow-up comment, but an actual straight out first comment with like "Buyer is bad, blah blah." I bugged eBay to remove the comment several times for the past month and all they did was spam this form letter back.

I have seen this form same letter that I've seen since about 1998. It's eBay's form letter where they say they refuse to remove the negative but they won't be honest and simply admit they won't remove it. Instead, eBay is dishonest and devious about it.

Quote:
Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your removal request of Feedback
that you have received [item or user].

We are happy to inform you that the feedback you reported looks like it
meets our requirements for removal, but because feedback removal
involves legal issues, we're extremely cautious when we consider
removing it.

I've submitted your report for a second review to make sure it meets the
removal requirements. If it does, we'll remove it.

You'll hear back from us either way. You can also check your Member
Profile to see if it's removed.

If it isn't removed, you can post a reply to the comment so people
understand your side of the story.

--Related Links--

Feedback Abuse policy:
Feedback Abuse

Feedback Withdrawal and Removal Guidelines:
Feedback Withdrawal and Removal

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

eBay is always lying when they say "second review". They never do any submission or second review. They simply delete they email, send a form letter, and never communicate again.
Old 08-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Yeah...it didn't last. Stayed up three weeks and then the buyer had the text deleted. But, no one molested me at EBAY or even wrote to me about it yet.
I read on this forum that eBay is suspending sellers for leaving buyers "Negative statements that conflict with a positive rating". So eBay is not doing this anymore?
Old 08-31-2008

Modee, how long ago was that? I've seen in some cases recently eBay sometimes won't remove the comments at all, not when they are followup, but when they are main comments.

In additon, eBay has even specifically stated that they allow negative follow-up comments so the negative comments have to go there.
Old 09-02-2008

I've found for getting negatives and neutrals removed, eBay is really odd. Sometimes a rep will remove it and sometimes they won't. Then they appear to have a file of the item number and they write something and so no one will even review it anymore.

Also as for positive with negative comment removal. I've seen now eBay seems to have a solid policy of not removing followups. Usually, eBay will remove positives with negative comments but other times eBay will BS around lying with the "submitted for legal review" which is eBay's lie for "we're not removing it even though it passes and there is no further review, we're just lying to play mind games with you."
Old 09-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I actually like it, I get less now. When they do leave negative feedback, ebay asks scary questions and are you sure blah blah. Heck I was scared when I bought something lol
Old 09-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

Even leaveing Neg Wording in a postive way the buyer will just run to ebay and snitch like a 2nd grade school boy then ebay will make haste and have it removed then send you a volition for leaveing neg commits on a + rateing.

But if some jackoff buyer comes to your aution and bids on all your items then leaves you all Negs right after the auction ends ebay dose nothing about it. Screw ebay!!
Old 09-07-2008

I've found that if some buyer bids to neg bomb people in a group of me and others that I can't convince ebay to remove it but the high level powerseller that probably have account managers get it right off.
Old 10-02-2008

Longevity: 90%

It is extraordinarily frustrating I know... and almost always the negs come from someone brand new to ebay with only a couple feedbacks if that.

Though it is a huge aggravation I personally find it is best to just block them and get on with things. Usually it gets buried within a few days and honestly, just keeping ebay policy violations away and the account up and running tends to be in the big picture way more important.

The thing is I have had someone leave a neg. thinking I hadn't refunded their money (the item was in fact still on the way to them) then they left a neg, checked paypal after I told them I had refunded it (only a $12 item, I thought I could just refund them and avoid a neg) days earlier. They hadn't even checked, then agreed to remove the feedback. This is when I realized that was basically impossible under the new rules.

As dumb as I think the change to not be able to leave buyers even a neutral is, the fact that it is impossible to have a newbie who ignorantly leaves a neg. then agrees to retract it can't is especially infuriating!
Old 10-02-2008

There's one way a buyer can remove a neg.
1) They agree to let the seller file an unpaid dispute and not answer it.
2) Seller closes it after 8 days so the neg goes away. Once the neg is gone, the seller reverses the strike and their fees.

Poof, neg gone.