NEWS: Say goodbye to the neutral killers! (coming soon...in the UK) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 07-10-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default NEWS: Say goodbye to the neutral killers! (coming soon...in the UK)

Quote:
Recalculating Feedback percentages without neutrals: Effective in late August, neutrals will no longer be counted as part of the Feedback percentage. This means we will be recalculating Feedback percentages retroactively for users worldwide. In the interim, no one will lose their PowerSeller status as a result of neutrals being included in their Feedback percentage.
After all the fuss, looks like eBay have finally realised their somewhat rediculous enforcement. Roll on August.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 92%

Nice. Finally someone at ebay looked up what neutral meant.
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 92%

More from this.

Quote:
Hello everyone - It's been less than a month since I saw many of you at eBay Live!, and already I have more news to share. In Chicago, I provided progress updates on many of the changes we've made over the past six months; early indications tell us that we're getting a lot of things right, as evidenced by more sellers improving their DSRs and fewer top buyers reporting bad experiences.

Many of you told me personally that you believed the changes were for the better, but we also heard concerns from Community members around the world about Feedback. As I said at eBay Live!, we are listening. Open, constructive discussion about what's working and what's not is a strength of our Community, and essential to the collective good of eBay. When we get something wrong, we want to make it right. And when you have ideas that benefit the collective good, we want to make them happen. To that end, we are making the following changes based on your input.

Recalculating Feedback percentages without neutrals: Effective in late August, neutrals will no longer be counted as part of the Feedback percentage. This means we will be recalculating Feedback percentages retroactively for users worldwide. In the interim, no one will lose their PowerSeller status as a result of neutrals being included in their Feedback percentage.

Helping you resolve issues and satisfy buyers: By the end of October, we will roll out a new process to help you resolve issues with buyers, even after the buyer has left negative feedback. Everybody makes mistakes – buyers and sellers alike, and buyers should have a mechanism to change feedback if they make a mistake or if the seller rectifies an issue in a timely manner. Unlike with our previous Mutual Feedback Withdrawal system, our new process will enable buyers to change their feedback of the seller, not just withdraw the rating. We'll provide more details of this new process in the fall.

This is part of our overall effort to improve the customer experience, especially for sellers. In fact, we're already making progress in addressing one of your biggest pain points -- removing negative and neutral feedback left by buyers who violate our policies. For example, since we debuted the new Feedback system in May, we have removed more than 60 percent of the negative/neutral feedback left by buyers in an unpaid item (UPI) process. Looking ahead, you will see us continue to take the steps needed to protect your reputation on eBay. []eBay - Page Not Found In the meantime, you can also protect yourself by following some well-defined best practices []eBay - Page Not Found in using Feedback. I encourage you to check them out.

Finally, we're working to resolve other important issues that eBay sellers have raised over the past several months. I hope what I've shared with you today demonstrates our commitment to listening and responding quickly with solutions. We want to make eBay a great place for you to do business, but it's going to take all of us -- together -- to get it right for the collective good. I want to thank you for your patience, your business and your continued commitment to eBay.

Lorrie Norrington
-------
Original Article.

Code:
http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2008/7/1215716501.html
What do you guys think?
Old 07-16-2008

Longevity: 98%

The announcement was on the UK site announcement board but it wasn't on the USA so I'm concerned eBay isn't doing it on the USA for quite some time.

They also say they are letting buyers be able to change their feedback, but this is bad if the buyer changes a positive to bad feedback.
Old 07-16-2008

Longevity: 91%

i think any change will be across across ebay in general. I would have thought.

Mind you, they dont have ebay live on.co.uk always have to visit .com to speak to the lamers.

Get a UK office
Old 07-16-2008

Longevity: 96%

Pat me on the back.

I was correct on the prediction posted on this forum about feedback changes.

I said they would see the light and make changes in early September, well they are going to make changes in late August and early September.

13 years of ebay and I saw that this was going to hurt the $$$$ and would make changes.

Read my thread about predictions, some of us said they would make changes.
Old 07-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Haha...I love how ebay never says they are ever wrong, they just say, "This is part of our overall effort to improve the customer experience, especially for sellers." They haven't improved anything, they just are fixing what they screwed up in the first place.
Old 07-16-2008

I co-sign.
Old 07-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

YES, EBS: I will admit-- U were Right--I was Wrong..
(I can ONLY think they MUSt have taken some REAL heat for all of it..
Old 07-16-2008

so are they going to allow us to drop a red on buyers again or not? or something that we can warn other sellers of them.... ?
Old 07-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

It does not look like it after reading the article. I didn't know ebay would remove negative feedback from a buyer with an unpaid item strike.
Old 07-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
YES, EBS: I will admit-- U were Right--I was Wrong..
(I can ONLY think they MUSt have taken some REAL heat for all of it..
EBHL- That will be the first and last time I was ahead of you on something!!
Just lucky.

Meg would have never changed it and you and I both know that. But the new boss in town looking at the bottom $$$ and seeing listings and huge sellers go away BECAUSE of the crappy feedback I am sure he saw the problems and with Ebay live did something about it.

Now the question is all the accounts that went down with the new feedback scam job, will they come back up because afterall the feedback is what took many accounts down.

Its all in the $$$$ folks, ebay still didnt admit a mistake but they surely saw it cost them a ton of $$$.

Something tells me changes are coming again later on, just guessing... but not being able to leave feedback for a buyer has also taken its toll. Keep our fingers crossed they will change this too! ???
Old 07-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

Pretty sure James said on the powerseller board that is was happening globally.
Old 08-22-2008
Banned

Default GOOD NEWS~I have just noticed neutral feedbacks are actually neutral again.

Good News!

Neutral feedbacks are actually neutral again and it doesn't put the percentage down on feedback.
Old 08-22-2008

Great news
Old 08-24-2008

Longevity: 98%

Changing feedback looks like a bad thing as a buyer leaves positive and then changes it to negative.