eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   Why did ebay stop allowing neg feedback for buyers? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/62636-why-did-ebay-stop-allowing-neg-feedback-buyers.html)

ilovemymac 07-29-2013 01:54 PM

Why did ebay stop allowing neg feedback for buyers?

I have used ebay for years. And i remember when if a buyer didnt pay you could leave negative feedback and such. Now all i can do is file a complaint and hope ebay does something. I guess they can get a non paying bidder thing but thats not something people see.
I think not being able to leave neg feedback is bad because buyers can do what they want and demand whatever they want because they hold all the feedback power in their hands

An0nym0u$ 07-29-2013 01:57 PM

Its all about buyer protection. Just about everything ebay does is geared towards the buyer or how to increase their own pockets.

IF you don't agree to their terms, you can use another auction site...at least, thats how they feel.

toml3030 07-29-2013 01:57 PM

Because eBay doesn't care about sellers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 472138)
I have used ebay for years. And i remember when if a buyer didnt pay you could leave negative feedback and such. Now all i can do is file a complaint and hope ebay does something. I guess they can get a non paying bidder thing but thats not something people see.
I think not being able to leave neg feedback is bad because buyers can do what they want and demand whatever they want because they hold all the feedback power in their hands

eBay knows that they can treat sellers like crap but we'll always come back for more as long as they can provide us with eyeballs to see our products.

ilovemymac 07-29-2013 02:53 PM

Ebay use to be great. I read that square the credit card merchant is launching a square market which as popular as the CC part has become it might become a great alternative. I have used Ubid, and a few others but as of right now no one competes with ebay in auctions. Ubid does well but they are geared towards electronics and such and you cant be just a guy wanting to sell your pez dispenser.

I so wish someone would come along and just knock ebay off their throne.

JamesNorth101 07-29-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 472154)

Take pleasure in the fact that they failed miserably in China.

It is very annoying that sellers can no longer leave negs, but if you look though a buyers feedback you can see sellers that they have not paid by reading the positives that are actually negative.

ilovemymac 07-29-2013 04:12 PM

We need some company to come along and just throw them off. Either that or a mass strike like when the cyber bill was going to pass and half the websites around the world shut down for a day including wikipedia. Would be nice if everyone said we dont like the way your treating us ebay so we are all shutting down for 24 hours or more. Problem is i find is that people are quite happy with ebay and always think people like us on here have commited some horrible crime to get banned or limited.

People always think ebay is their friend and so is paypal and if you got suspend you did something horrible and they never believe (till it happens to them) that you did not nothing wrong.
Maybe someone could start a kickstarter fund for a new ebay site.
I do like ioffer for some things i must say. I bought my mom for Christmas a burned DVD set of an 80s tv show that has never been put on dvd. You could not do that on EBay.

Dmshark25 07-29-2013 04:41 PM

If you play by the rules , and I mean the real ones which is Stealth, not the way ebay and Paypal tell u how to operate, which will get u limited, than ebay can be extremely profitable.

One of the reasons that makes it profitable for sellers is the high traffic. Even though not being able to leave a neg for buyers seems unfair, it's something that brings buyers to ebay , and a site with all sellers and no buyers is dead.

So rather than go against a great force like ebay , go with them , play the game , build many stealth accounts, operate under the radar , and u will find that the good buyers do out weigh the bad ones , so in the end if u have the correct business model you will be profitable .

Don't get weighed down by stupid buyers , they will always be there and if your business plan can't handle losses you need to modify your plan.

Positive feedback negative feedback , their will always be buyers that are bad buyers or scammers, just learn to adapt and create a business that can handle those hits, and this is true with any business

john456 07-30-2013 03:19 AM

I think it is a smart move from eBay. It raised them from flea market venue to high-end mall.

No 2013 buyer wants to put up with 1999 ebay style of buying.

On ebay:
1. you need to create an account
2. there is barely a cart mechanism. Many buyers would 'buy' but not really wanting to buy, thinking it is like a cart system
3. you then need paypal and link it to existing cc
4. then you can purchase
If the seller would get pissed, you would get a negative feedback (-1 !!) and you probably would never come back

on any ecommerce sites:
1. you put the item in a cart
2. you checkout without an account

ebay had to change.

rsot 07-30-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Ebay use to be great. I read that square the credit card merchant is launching a square market which as popular as the CC part has become it might become a great alternative. I have used Ubid, and a few others but as of right now no one competes with ebay in auctions. Ubid does well but they are geared towards electronics and such and you cant be just a guy wanting to sell your pez dispenser.

Square launching a market now? Wow - dethroning is very very tough to do

GreenBean 07-30-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Until that happens, take advantage of what you learn from stealth.

Make money off them.

:juggle:

bigboddie 08-01-2013 01:11 AM

alibaba is looking tto give ebay and amazon a run for there money in near future in the us.

As for the loss of seller enforced negative feedback it was as I was told by a ebay drone to make ebay a more inviting place for buyers. I told her you made notheads made it a more inviting place for scammers, your running off lots of longtime sellers so what will the buyers buy then? About a year later ebay started seller protection after getting buried with complaints from sellers.

JamesNorth101 08-01-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboddie (Post 472975)
alibaba is looking tto give ebay and amazon a run for there money in near future in the us.

Good luck to them, but I think it will take someone much more like Google to really dethrone eBay.

Maybe also the Chinese auction site if that ever spreads out of China, would mean no fees if it did :)

rsot 08-01-2013 01:17 PM

Hah a lot of buyers wont like the idea of their goods coming from China so...best of luck on dethroning attempt

GreenBean 08-01-2013 07:40 PM

ebay is the current big game.

Play it.

Simple as.

:boink: