Leaving Feedback For Yourself - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 01-24-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Leaving Feedback For Yourself

I read some of the thread about manipulation feedback, but i still have a question. Ive done legitmate sales and purchases on Ebay for years now. I have 100 feedbacks total. i recently bought some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ headphones from a wholesaler website in china. I sold them on Ebay no problem. But one buyer said they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and filed a Paypal dispute.

so i refunded him. whatever. no biggie. but he left negative feedback telling everyone my headphones were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. so ive been out of "business" now for awhile because of that. But i just bought more headphones to sell. So i thought i would create 2 alias accounts on ebay with different information other than my own for my real account. i didnt even think to change my ip address before making each one.

So basically i created a new listing on Ebay for 2 pairs of the headphones i was going to sell. i used the two new accounts i made and bought the headphones from myself in hopes that i can leave positive feedback for myself saying the headphones were great. Thereby letting others know that the headphones are good.

New members have to wait 5 days before they can leave feedback...and 5 days is up tomorow. Ebay also says making alias accounts to leave feedback for yourself can get your account suspended. If the account is suspended i cant sell the headphones at all. So my question is....Should i leave feedback for myself with the two new accounts? i paid $8 total to list the headphones so it wouldnt be worth it to not leave the feedback for myself....but id rather not risk it if people think that my account will get suspended. sorry for the length. i had to make sure to get all the details in. hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks.

Last edited by Gangstasean; 01-24-2009 at 06:19 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

If your accounts are linked by IP, you probably shouldn't leave feedback between the accounts because it could definitely get both accounts suspended.
Old 03-14-2009

Longevity: 92%

just delete cookies(firefox/ ccleaner), change IP address ( can be done by resetting your router/modem)

but as philly said its very risky, and may not be worth it
Old 03-18-2009

Longevity: 93%

Yes risky but sometimes necessary.
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

i would never do that. I value my accounts too much to risk that.
Old 03-18-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman
Question

Gangstasean, did you try it? If you did, did it work?
Old 03-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

The question isn't will it work, it's if you will be linked. It will definitely work, but if one of your accounts go down, Im sure the account you used to post feedback to yourself will go down too. I wouldn't risk it.
Old 03-18-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I'm not suggesting to try it, but how would Ebay link it, if you used a different user account and IP? That's like saying you get suspended and everyone that has left you feedback also gets suspended for being linked.
Old 03-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
The question isn't will it work, it's if you will be linked. It will definitely work, but if one of your accounts go down, Im sure the account you used to post feedback to yourself will go down too. I wouldn't risk it.
I've done it and it works the key is to make sure bid on other items that you know that you are not going to win so that your bid percentage with 1 seller is high. Spread over a number of sellers, keep the seller that you want to win the a a low percentage. So far has worked for me
Old 03-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
I'm not suggesting to try it, but how would Ebay link it, if you used a different user account and IP? That's like saying you get suspended and everyone that has left you feedback also gets suspended for being linked.
Ebay also looks at the percentage of transactions that you have with unique seller to scan for shill bidding which if caught will get you suspended guaranteed if accounts are linked by ip
Old 03-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

I used to do this quite a bit and I never had an account suspended for it. There are some large sellers doing this on a large scale and getting away with it. I found it wasnt worth the hastle, considering you can only leave 1 feedback per account per 10 days, it just seemed like too much messing around and there are better ways to get your feedback up.
Old 03-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
i would never do that. I value my accounts too much to risk that.
BINGO! The winner.
WTH would anyone risk an account just to get feedback from yourself. Got to say I have serious doubts about how much you want to sell if you do a dumbass
trick like this
Old 04-02-2009

Longevity: 89%

I would never exchange feedback between my own aged accounts, but I have found exchanging feedbacks between relatively new accounts to be a good way to give them a jumpstart towards their first 5 or 10 feedbacks. I've done this with maybe 6 accounts so far with no negative consequences.

Especially now that ebay changed their rules regarding multiple feedbacks from the same member, I think this method can be useful if done carefully (ebay IDs on different computers/IP addresses, no shared info, etc).
Old 04-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

i think anyone that reads these forums and still looks for ways to shill or do feedback manipulation dose not deserve a response. that's the DUMBEST reason to get suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-02-2009)
Old 04-03-2009

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via MSN to jakesh2000

i wanna do the feedback manipulation in a large quantity for 2 of my old seller accounts appreciate any help from you guys.
Old 04-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thumbs down

Sure, only too happy to help a newbie. No way: ebay suspends for that.
Go ruin your own accounts and not involve other user's accounts. wtf, does this even get considered.
Feedback manipulation kills.
Old 04-03-2009

Jakesh2000, did you read this thread? It has been said many times, its not a good idea unless you want to loose an account.
Old 04-04-2009

i hear what you guys are saying i've been suspended from ebay and paypal from different account so many times,but right now i got 2 power seller accounts and i wanna give them 20 to 30 days feedback a day im gonna buy stuff from myself and im gonna even ship something with a tracking number(usps first class mail) the only problem that i have here is the ip and VPN stuff... im not sure if you i should go with VPS and private proxies or should i just use dial up which is gonna take forever please let me know if you guys a know any expert for ip ,VPN,private proxy ,,SSH... so i can take care of this i found some website "perfect-privacy" let me know if you guys ever heard of them , and i was wondering how could i talk to modee about this??

thank you
Old 04-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

jakesh2000, why are you doing this? I really cannot see how it could be worth the risk.
Using only 2 accounts to do it would be very risky and you can only leave 1 feedback per 10 days per user account anyway so it wouldnt be practical unless youre just using it to get the negs off the first page of feedback. I do leave feedback for myself but use many accounts to do it and only very new accounts with little feedback- I would never consider doing it with powerseller accounts. Add to that the hassle of using vpns this seems like madness.
If you need the feedback that much just spend $20 on a load of cheap items asap.
Old 04-04-2009

Bad idea jakeesh! That is the worst way you can loose an account. We will see you soon telling us your accounts got suspended. Good luck!

Boondoggle, if you buy 20 cheap items you will also get suspended. Ebay watches for that stuff.
Old 04-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Feedback Manipulation is not an effective way to run an ebay account. Why do it when there is a chance of suspension?

FFS, I do not fancy reading about the next newbie crying about how an account got suspended by this method.Take the hint,guys
Old 04-06-2009

i understand what exactly you guys are saying but i wanna get feedback by making 1000s of new accounts and buy some stuff from myself the only problem that i have is i wanna know how to get it done and what VPN or proxy i need to choose for it as long as there is gonna be so many new accounts (buyer accounts) ,i wany something that works like proxies such as tor,aol... but possibly a private proxy(which is not black listed)...or some kind VPN that gives me the option of using so many different VPNs not in some certain range so ebay wont be able to track me down(im gonna use each buyer account once and then throw it away)